Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

More likely that with a large wedge of his purchase price going to purchase player registrations, he actually thought he could circumvent TUPE employment legislation, and punt yer' Naismiths, McGregors and the rest for a nice wedge. Ooops. Fail. Obviously there must be a bob in it somewhere for the bricks and mortar of Minty Moonbeams Park and the stadium with Sandy's league title flags super-glued to the wall too. Whatever his plan was - it surely revolved around ££££ signs. He wasn't bargaining on an institution on its knees being papped to Div 3 with all sorts of nasty sanctions and penalties still applying... and perish the thought, he'd have to actually look like he's trying to run a football club rather than a short-term money making opportunity.

If guys like Green, Bomber Brown, Brian Kennedy, Soccerball Bill, Sir Walter of Cardigan, or anyone else, were actually interested in saving Rangers the footballing institution, and sorting them out for the future - where were they hiding when Sir Minty ended up selling them to a spiv like Whyte for a quid. Nowhere.

Nail - napper.

Because they didn't want to know about the deep rooted problems and more importantly they still refuse to accept that their team is dead !

Until they see a team in the guise of Rangers play their first Ramsden's Cup game in the humble setting of Glebe Park , they will continue to be in denial !

How long does it take the average alcoholic to admit that he/ she is an alcoholic ? Long after they are told by friends and family !

... and if that happens, I'll bet there will still be some who are actually standing watching Sevco Works XI play with Irn Bru patches on their sleeves, and are thinking "This doesn't bode well for Ally's Champions League warchest next season"...

My take on it is that (as a sweeping generalisation!) the Rangers support was just about the most arrogant support on God's earth. When the shit was starting to hit the fan, it became clear to any sane football observer that Rangers FC were actually fighting for their very survival. Seemed to me that most of them simply thought they were fighting to ensure that Ally's warchest for that Champions League campaign wouldn't be damaged. Secondary to that of course was a fear that their wee 'problems' might impact on their ability to get it right up Celtic. My opinion is that this explains the complete lack of action taken by H&D in regard to making heavy, and quick, compulsory redundancies. They claimed that it was to keep the whole package intact, to attract investors. My arse - it was to ensure that Rangers didn't need to field a seriously weakened side, and be publicly spanked by Celtic.

How on earth could they refuse between 2m - 3m from WBA for Naismith? He was injured too fer' Chrissakes. Lafferty? Why was he kept - didn't he trigger a payment to Burnley if he played any more games? David Healey? Why was he still there? Ally, AND, Durranty, AND Kenny Mac AND Jim Stewart.... and, and, and...

Pure, unadulterated WATP arrogance and complete and utter denial of how serious the situation was. Where was a credible Rangers minded legend to come right out and galvanise the support behind a truthful message that this was deadly serious - and not a message of marching on Hampden to moan like fcuk, or to demand nonsense like 'who are these people?' Hey, not my problem - if they couldn't reign in their triumphalist superiority complexes and unite behind a single banner then basically.... fcuk um'.

Edited by pozbaird

Nah, I expect phrases like.

"I put £x into the fighting fund"

"I watched them right through the divisions"

after all, we've all met the 3 million that attended during the early 80's, I've never met one that stated, " I stopped going then because we were pish".

I know of one guy at my school in the late 80s that was a Jags fan that by the time we had left school was a "die-hard" rangers fan. Still bump into him now and then, and the way he talks about what's going on you would think his whole family have been orcs since day 1.

Oh and he doesnt like the term "Glory hunter." Even though the last 3 letters of his reg plate are RGH, which we like to remind him is for "Rangers Glory Hunter." laugh.gif

Try telling that to a Rangers fans

The best part if they get titles stripped is all the neds who walk about with that tacky 5 star tattoo

It's bizarre that they claim best in the world then constantly belittle the Scottih league,

and the country as a whole, as being shite.

Can't have it both ways.

Eat cake and still have it, again.

f**k'em. Any sympathy long gone.

(never was any)

... and if that happens, I'll bet there will still be some who are actually standing watching Sevco Works XI play with Irn Bru patches on their sleeves, and are thinking "This doesn't bode well for Ally's Champions League warchest next season"...

My take on it is that (as a sweeping generalisation!) the Rangers support was just about the most arrogant support on God's earth. When the shit was starting to hit the fan, it became clear to any sane football observer that Rangers FC were actually fighting for their very survival Seemed to me that most of them simply thought they were fighting to ensure that Ally's warchest for that Champions League campaign wouldn't be damaged. Secondary to that of course was a fear that their wee 'problems' might impact on their ability to get it right up Celtic. My opinion is that this explains the complete lack of action taken by H&D in regard to making heavy, and quick, compulsory redundancies. They claimed that it was to keep the whole package intact, to attract investors. My arse - it was to ensure that Rangers didn't need to field a seriously weakened side, and be publicly spanked by Celtic.

How on earth could they refuse between 2m - 3m from WBA for Naismith? He was injured too fer' Chrissakes. Lafferty? Why was he kept - didn't he trigger a payment to Burnley if he played any more games? David Healey? Why was he still there? Ally, AND, Durranty, AND Kenny Mac AND Jim Stewart.... and, and, and...

Pure, unadulterated WATP arrogance and complete and utter denial of how serious the situation was. Where was a credible Rangers minded legend to come right out and galvanise the support behind a truthful message that this was deadly serious - and not a message of marching on Hampden to moan like fcuk, or to demand nonsense like 'who are these people?' Hey, not my problem - if they couldn't reign in their triumphalist superiority complexes and unite behind a single banner then basically.... fcuk um'.

You forgot pre-season tours of Germany and pre-game overnight stays at swanky hotels.

Nah, necrophilia is dead boring, incest meanwhile is keeping it in the familly

Word is that Charles Green is a sadistic, beastial, necrophiliac.

He keeps flogging a dead horse.

I'll get my coat. Fuck it I'm no going oot in that rain!

Is it just me, or is this thread running out of steam now?

If Rangers were to vanish for a season, I don't think it would have as much impact as what has happened so far.

If they were to go off and play in another country, citing irreconcilable differences, that would be interesting, I suppose. Australia?

I wanted to see them punished, severely, but the whole thing's like a limp rag now if they quietly go off and play in the Third. We need some AGGRO. Hate figures. Couldn't even bring myself to despise Doncaster on the radio the other night. It would have been like kicking a puppy. Maybe I'm just soft.

These might help you :ph34r:

My take on it is that (as a sweeping generalisation!) the Rangers support was just about the most arrogant support on God's earth. When the shit was starting to hit the fan, it became clear to any sane football observer that Rangers FC were actually fighting for their very survival. Seemed to me that most of them simply thought they were fighting to ensure that Ally's warchest for that Champions League campaign wouldn't be damaged. Secondary to that of course was a fear that their wee 'problems' might impact on their ability to get it right up Celtic. My opinion is that this explains the complete lack of action taken by H&D in regard to making heavy, and quick, compulsory redundancies. They claimed that it was to keep the whole package intact, to attract investors. My arse - it was to ensure that Rangers didn't need to field a seriously weakened side, and be publicly spanked by Celtic.

John Greig?

Because they didn't want to know about the deep rooted problems and more importantly they still refuse to accept that their team is dead !

Until they see a team in the guise of Rangers play their first Ramsden's Cup game in the humble setting of Glebe Park , they will continue to be in denial !

How long does it take the average alcoholic to admit that he/ she is an alcoholic ? Long after they are told by friends and family !

For the first couple or three of games their subconscious may let them believe it's just another cup game at a lower league club, but after four or so reality will dawn (that's if they last that long)

More likely that with a large wedge of his purchase price going to purchase player registrations, he actually thought he could circumvent TUPE employment legislation, and punt yer' Naismiths, McGregors and the rest for a nice wedge. Ooops. Fail. Obviously there must be a bob in it somewhere for the bricks and mortar of Minty Moonbeams Park and the stadium with Sandy's league title flags super-glued to the wall too. Whatever his plan was - it surely revolved around ££££ signs. He wasn't bargaining on an institution on its knees being papped to Div 3 with all sorts of nasty sanctions and penalties still applying... and perish the thought, he'd have to actually look like he's trying to run a football club rather than a short-term money making opportunity.

If guys like Green, Bomber Brown, Brian Kennedy, Soccerball Bill, Sir Walter of Cardigan, or anyone else, were actually interested in saving Rangers the footballing institution, and sorting them out for the future - where were they hiding when Sir Minty ended up selling them to a spiv like Whyte for a quid. Nowhere.

They were probably believing Jim Traynors exclusive of a £25m warchest if the deal went thru, they never were that bright. Lesson 1 of sports journalism - never ever believe anything Traynor says or writes.

Still remember hearing Traynor trying to explain how his story was correct on sportsound one saturday, 10 minutes of backtracking, contradictions, shouting over others, and just pure pish. Better than Chick's backtracking over the Hearts penalty points story that was pure shite.

(By the way this is one 'exclusive' that should never ever be forgotten.)