Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The SFA released a statement yesterday regarding the Rangers FC situation. One would not imagine from reading it that there have been frantic efforts over the last couple of weeks to have them admitted to the second tier, rather than the fourth!

The SFA seem to have a grasp of most things, but, not surprisingly, there remain a number of questions to be answered. In addition, as Duff and Phelps are meant to certify the new owners as fit and proper, one wonders if that has been done already, as Mr Green is now threatening to sue them! You could not make it up!

I also suggest that the calls for Mr Regan and the SFA to be found in contempt of court are unfounded, and why the SFA can impose as a condition of membership a sanction found to be ultra vires as a punishment.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/analysis-of-yesterdays-sfa-statement-re-rangers-fc/

Ok so five titles and four scottish cups are to be stripped from the corpse. what about the league cups? Will they be awsrded to cheated finalists? Certainly hope so. ayr united 2002 league cup willers (default)!!

your typo is how it should be

at first way back in this i was all for it

but now not so much, i was there had a great day but saw us got beat so for us to have won no but them to be stripped of the title & just leave us marked as runners up

(bonus because the default score will be 3-0, the ref must have changed his mind about that penalty all is forgiven loversph34r.gif)

after all its not like it wasn't a dodgy penalty that got us into that final anywaywink.gif

The SFA released a statement yesterday regarding the Rangers FC situation. One would not imagine from reading it that there have been frantic efforts over the last couple of weeks to have them admitted to the second tier, rather than the fourth!

Ultimately, the SFA's current problems with Rangers would have had to be dealt with anyway. RFC in SFL1 would have survived them. RFC in SFL3 might not. Hence 'social unrest'.

Lets say Brown manages to raise £10 million and buys the club from Green. How does he finance the running of the club and any fines etc that maybe imposed of it?

I'd be calling in all those loans if it was me.

Brown is turning into the guy that just can't accept that his loved one isn't going to recover and is in a lot of pain and the kindest thing is to pull the plug. By him telling the fans not to buy season tickets he is all but ending any glimmer the club may have had.

Lets say Brown manages to raise £10 million.

What I am about to post next in no way is a reflection on PeeTeeJag, or his excellent contributions to this thread. It is purely in regard to the part in bold italic, and is to be treated as nothing more than my reaction to the eight words in this line of text.. Cough, clears throat... takes sip of water, searches for the 'W' key on his keyboard. Ah, found it, right next to the 'Q' key at the top. Here we go..

WWWaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha! Oh my fcuking aching sides. :)

Edited by pozbaird

The SFA seem to have a grasp of most things, but, not surprisingly, there remain a number of questions to be answered. In addition, as Duff and Phelps are meant to certify the new owners as fit and proper, one wonders if that has been done already, as Mr Green is now threatening to sue them! You could not make it up!

I also suggest that the calls for Mr Regan and the SFA to be found in contempt of court are unfounded, and why the SFA can impose as a condition of membership a sanction found to be ultra vires as a punishment.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/analysis-of-yesterdays-sfa-statement-re-rangers-fc/

I had previously suggested that Charlie Green's attempts to block the registrations of players leaving under TUPE might cost him. It seems Mr McConville agrees.

"It also ensures that, if any players do allege financial losses, they would be entitled to pursue damages claims against Sevco Scotland Ltd, on the basis that this company is unlawfully interfering with the player’s rights to freedom of work. "

Better get your money from Haudit & Daudit Charlie. :lol:

That's them already slain 1 giant, Airdrie lying down to their wee team, shameful.

Aren't Sevco banned from playing even friendlies until they are affiliated with the SFA. You would have thought Mr Ballantyne would have known better...

Lets say Brown manages to raise £10 million.

What I am about to post next in no way is a reflection on PeeTeeJag, or his excellent contributions to this thread. It is purely in regard to the part in bold italic, as is to be treated as nothing more than my reaction to the eight words in this line of text.. Cough, clears throat... takes sip of water, searches for the 'W' key on his keyboard. Ah, found it, right next to the 'Q' key at the top. Here we go..

WWWaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha! Oh my fcuking aching sides. :)

Believe me, that was my first reaction this morning. rolleyes.gif

Aren't Sevco banned from playing even friendlies until they are affiliated with the SFA. You would have thought Mr Ballantyne would have known better...

Training game might not have required permission, would depend if there was a ref involved.

It was a "training" game though, nothing more than a kickabout in the park

Could have been hilarious though If there had been a couple of injuries to the higher paid members of te squad and then sevco would be stuck with spl wages in sfl3

I've gave up trying to second guess things, this saga should give all the kids a good grounding for the real world, fcuk your studies, just go out there and lie your arse off with with a knowing air.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23909662/

THE SFL are braced for a bidding war for the rights to broadcast Rangers' Third Division reinvention.

Record Sport understands Sky have already held talks with Peterhead, who host the Gers in their league opener at Balmoor on August 11.

The Blue Toon have also been contacted by two rival broadcasters who have shown interest in the match.

The opener has maximum interest but all potential broadcasters will have to go through the SFL's commercial representatives, IMG.

No official talks have taken place but moves are afoot to provide coverage of the Ibrox newco's rebuilding mission.

Balmoor chairman Rodger Morrison said: "It is fair to say there is interest.

"I don't buy all this talk of Armageddon. There is a lot of people who want to see how Rangers will fare this season."

Rodger Morrison's quot - "It is fair to say there is interest."

DR interpretation of that quote - "There is a bidding war going on between 3 massive tv companies who want to be there at the start of the great and glorious rise from the ashes of a club they have tried to kill but still has a beating heart as strong as it's loyal support."

blink.gif

I maybe paraphrasing a little.

smile.gif

Edited by PeeTeeJag

1342564844[/url]' post='6442081']

Actually the reformation was instigated by a fascist dictator "Henry the 8th" who didn't get his perverse way

I know this is off topic to this brilliant point and laugh thread, but really???

I don't think I've ever read anything so I'll informed. Henry the 8th may have separated the church of England from Rome for his own means but he certainly didn't instigate the reformation.

I take it you haven't heard of Martin Luther?

The reformation started in earnest with his publication of his "Ninety-Five Theses". The main push behind this was his protest against the Catholic Churches practice of selling indulgences (very basically, selling absolution in exchange for cash or other recompense).

It's right and just that the Buns be stripped of any honours they won via fraud and theft. Ben Johnson had his Olympic gold taken from him for cheating with drugs; Marseilles' triumphs were annulled when they were caught cheating by bribery. RFC's offences are more serious, if anything, since they took place over a far longer period and harmed many, many more competitors.

Nonetheless, those titles and trophies shouldn't be passed on to other teams. Let the record show "No award due to title winners' cheating". That avoids a lot of conspiratorial boo-hoo; leaves a permanent reminder of their shameful behaviour and will be an example to everyone that cheating won't be tolerated.

Much better all round, I reckon.

I'd imagine ESPN will be one of the broadcasters after Sevco SFL games. Premier Sports being another. I can't see Sky being interested in the long term, so I'm not sure who else could be interested. Possibly an internet only broadcaster?

Hopefully their game at Peterhead is picked up by someone, meaning that Aberdeen vs County will likely be a Saturday 3pm kick off.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

The reformation started in earnest with his publication of his "Ninety-Five Theses". The main push behind this was his protest against the Catholic Churches practice of selling indulgences (very basically, selling absolution in exchange for cash or other recompense).

Bringing it back on topic - similar to the attempt to punt NewCo straight into the SPL or Div 1. :o

Wouldn't want the Scottish Cup awarded to FFC.

Just obliterate the RFC engraving, as a reminder/warning for ever more of this sorry episode in Scottish Footballing History

I'd rather read offered to and subsequently rejected by Ayr United.