Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

On 17/07/2012 at 15:05, Jim McLean said:

I don't think you can compare the value of a league game to a cup game directly. There were a few guarantees like a playoff and an increase in annual settlement. The true reconstruction would take a bit longer but at least it would be a co-operative start to changing the overall structure of the game. The SPL offered an olive branch (there happened to be a particularly rotten olive on it) but the SFL decided not to take it. Rangers in SFL1 would have been a catalyst for change, now with uncertain media and sponsorship the top clubs are going to be more conservative than ever.

Well each to their own, but I'm afraid I see it as a flimsly dilute sop - perhaps caused by internal SPL indecisiveness - that they thought SFL would fall for.

It offerred nothing bar cash they might've earnt anyway and some loose generalisms. All else relied on trusting SPL clubs benevolent attitude in future, and given how they had gone about "persuading" SFL clubs to accept, it's no surprise that trust extended about as far as they could throw 'em. It included rigged voting and board structures thrown-in for good measure.

Personally, such watery vagaries weren't even approaching being worth circumventing sporting integrity for.

Edited by HibeeJibee

The SPL have 4 extra "shares" at their disposal. They have no reason to delay whatsoever.

These shares are ownership shares are they not? Then surely the problem would be SPL disbursements (first tranche of income due in first week of August I understand) would then have to be split 13 ways including oldco Rangers (in administration) rather than 12 ways.

It could perhaps be done but then the SPL would have to have a mechanism for cancelling the oldco's share. Given their track record of expertise shown so far in judging this whole sorry mess you would have to share the other members lack of confidence that this would be successful.

The spare four shares are in case of SPL expansion to max 16 clubs and will not be used for any other reasons of convenience, I would suggest.

My feeling exactly.

I reckon Green has found himself as last man standing and he knows that despite all the chest beating from guys like Watty and Brown no one is going to help him out with a few quid. He also knows that if he walks away now then rankers 2.0 will be no more and Ipox will implode. His backers were people that liked the idea of owning a club so said that if he laid the groundwork and smoothed out the problems then they would be in, but over time I figure they have all distanced themselves from what they will see as a poisoned chalice. Why would anyone want to invest in a club whose fans can be seen on tv protesting and abusing the only person that has actually stuck around long enough to keep them with a club to support.

This "we still want to be rangers, but we aren't actually rangers" routine is only masking the inevitable in my opinion. He will eventually walk away claiming he tried to do all he could but "the sins of the father" were too great. Meanwhile the SFA will be having to decide if they should let rankers 2.0 into the fold and pray without any guarantees that they can play a full season, or claim that they tried everything to help NewCo take it's place in the 3rd but it just wasn't possible.

Green is spinning plates right now but eventually they will all fall.

That's why this thread has to keep running, it's just toooo feckin' entertaining. :D It really is like watching a car crash in slow motion, with various large vehicles spinning in from side-roads just when you think the dust has settled

Shite.

The SFL were offered a "probably committee to look at the possiiblity of restructure sometime in November, maybe". and i think the SPL representation on it was to be 3 v 2 SFL :lol:

Offering £1million was pretty stupid considering the SFL will have the c***s in the SFL for three seasons and can negotiate something better.

Spot on.

Fucking idiots.

I was not aware of this. A quick google search has not confirmed it.

Do you have a source, please?

I am interested because I have heard of the various 'local currency ' schemes.

Ummm, the Truck Acts? It's been illegal to pay employees in scrip for over a century.

So let me get this straight..........

The SFA asked Sevco a couple of weeks ago to provide them with information about who is going to finance the club and if these people are fit and proper. But desite getting an "information pack" from Sevco, the SFA are still none the wiser as they details haven't actually been answered to their satisfaction.

And whilst the SFA are holding probably one of the most important meeting regarding Sevco's future, Green isn't going to be there, instead he's sodding off to Greece with his begging bowl, to a club that has no affiliation with rankers, and then to UEFA to get £3 million of footballing debt wiped out.

UEFA are guaranteed to tell him to piss off. In this financial climate no clubs will want to write off a few hundred thousand pounds owed to them.

Shite.

The SFL were offered a "probably committee to look at the possiiblity of restructure sometime in November, maybe". and i think the SPL representation on it was to be 3 v 2 SFL :lol:

Offering £1million was pretty stupid considering the SFL will have the c***s in the SFL for three seasons and can negotiate something better.

Exactly. The SPL chairmen have come out of this looking like complete c***s. They've lied to their fans and tried to get as many buying season tickets while hoping that the SFL would be delighted to see Rangers for a season. At the end of the day, they've tried to take everyone for mugs and got played at their own game. They didn't even commit to reconstruction. What is to say that they wouldn't have waited for Rangers to bounce back in a season before saying "We'll have a top tier of 10 like recommended" before saying "well we've held reconstruction talks and you've failed to co-operate". The SFL chairmen have called this spot on. Only a small number of teams won't get Rangers at some point through their gates.

Exactly. The SPL chairmen have come out of this looking like complete c***s. They've lied to their fans and tried to get as many buying season tickets while hoping that the SFL would be delighted to see Rangers for a season. At the end of the day, they've tried to take everyone for mugs and got played at their own game. They didn't even commit to reconstruction. What is to say that they wouldn't have waited for Rangers to bounce back in a season before saying "We'll have a top tier of 10 like recommended" before saying "well we've held reconstruction talks and you've failed to co-operate". The SFL chairmen have called this spot on. Only a small number of teams won't get Rangers at some point through their gates.

I'd say certain SPL chairman look very bad. I am genuinely convinced the majority of them genuinely listened to the demands of their support and acted accordingly. But I realise I'm in the minority here.

AS St Etienne £252,212.39

Arsenal £136,560.00

Chelsea £238,345.43

Manchester City £328,248.71

Orebro £150,000

SK Rapid Vienna £1,011,763.44

Palermo £205,513.04

Green : "Hello (insert club name), I was wondering if you would find it in your heart to just forget about the (insert amount) we owe you?"

(Insert club name) : f**k off!!!

Green : "Hello, UEFA, I asked the clubs nicely and they told me to f**k off (Petted lip). Can you help us, pretty please?"

UEFA : "f**k off!!!"

Edited by PeeTeeJag

I'd say certain SPL chairman look very bad. I am genuinely convinced the majority of them genuinely listened to the demands of their support and acted accordingly. But I realise I'm in the minority here.

Milne has done well out of it. He's reassured the fans at every stage that there would be no u-turn. Strangely, Michael Johnston has been one of the ones who has come out and simply been honest. A lot more respect for him than the likes of Petrie and Gilmour who have either been trying bypass the wishes of fans behind their backs or slate the SFL clubs for a decision which they showed backbone in making.

I still believe they would have voted NO, even if they had known the SFL would blank them.

Would certainly not surprise me if Whyte is still there,up to his neck in it as usual,just keeping quiet and letting Chuck be the voice.

Ummm, the Truck Acts? It's been illegal to pay employees in scrip for over a century.

Unfortunately this act has largely been circumvented by modern day employment practices of paying "bonuses" that make up a large chunk of the wage. Some even give bonuses solely in vouchers that can only be spent in certain places - the Tommy Shops all over again.

Milne has done well out of it. He's reassured the fans at every stage that there would be no u-turn. Strangely, Michael Johnston has been one of the ones who has come out and simply been honest. A lot more respect for him than the likes of Petrie and Gilmour who have either been trying bypass the wishes of fans behind their backs or slate the SFL clubs for a decision which they showed backbone in making.

The ICT and St Mirren "statements" make no sense at all. Even if that's what they did feel, the should have just kept quiet.

Strangely, Michael Johnston has been one of the ones who has come out and simply been honest.

Ummm, no he hasn't. He's lied like a rug throughout the entire affair. He may not have lied in the specific way that many other chairmen did in the quite specific case of the vote (cf. Petrie declaring that sporting integrity was of paramount importance while directly acting to subvert it), but he lied about why he abstained and most certainly didn't tell any truths in the process. His reward for this is a position of authority. The SPL is corrupt.