Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Soccerball Bill must be sitting in front of his TV with a Bud, watching NASCAR, eating nachos and thinking ' That was a close call'.

Ah, Soccerball Bill, I remember him well. Right up there with Haudit & Daudit as good characters in this soap opera.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but my understanding of TUPE is that it is there to protect employees and it should not be possible to make staff redundant for a year (I think). I am sure some wiser person than me could clarify. But if I am right the Charlie has more problems, as I do not think he can merely tell some of the staff that 'your P45's in the post'.

Looking at it objectivly (can any of us?)

• the upkeep of Ibrokes,
  • redundancy payments (or not?)
  • paying all staff
  • football debts
  • sanctions yet to be declared
  • EBTs and possible stripping of titles (and 2002 league cup)

I fear he is screwed. He saw a chance to get a quick buck and went for it.

I think he now realises why no other high profile zombie Rangers fans came in to buy them.

I cannot see how they can possibly convince the SFA that they can fulfil their fixtures.

Ho Hum. you won't be missed.

That's not investing, it's called "charitable giving" or "putting money in to stop the club going tits up within four weeks cos we're skint".

I'm not,not understanding why he is doing it.The fact is he tells little of who they are actually investing into,or buying from.Apart from Chuck,who else do we know owns shares in Newco?

Would you invest in a company that only had a minority shareholding figurehead that wont tell you any more?

I'm not,not understanding why he is doing it.The fact is he tells little of who they are actually investing into,or buying from.Apart from Chuck,who else do we know owns shares in Newco?

Would you invest in a company that only had a minority shareholding figurehead that wont tell you any more?

Nah I wud git da fans tae dae it :ph34r:

That would be fucking amazing! I don't think any of my sevco mates would answer the phone to me for weeks.

Not sure if it has been mentioned,but i wouldn't hold my breath on him joining Dundee.If this report is correct it seems he wants to commit career suicide by still joining Sevco in the 3rd eek.gif

Ian Black open to joining Gers in bottom tier

The Torygraph reckons that Club 12's - sorry, Dundee's - opening league match at Killie could well be postponed if the SPL share isn't transferred over in time. Seems Chuckie might be using this as leverage against sanctions.

Oldco own that share, Newco aren't in the equation unless I missed something, easy on here right enough.

STV Sport@STVSportRangers ask SFA to set up a panel to rule on players leaving Ibrox http://bit.ly/Lo2jDh

Expand Collapse

So how long will THIS take?

And if the panel don't come up with the decision that suits ZombieH*ns, will the next stop be the Court of Session ? :whistle

(Ooh, I'll bet a lot of you had completely forgotten about the CoS, eh ? :angel )

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Someone a dozen or so pages back said that as part of a package of reforms to improve Scottish football - Jonathan Watson should be banned from ever making another 'Only an Excuse' Christmas show.

On the contrary, despite the last three years or so being utter, utter pish - if he can't make a good un' this Christmas, he really is finished. I reckon he should be allowed to crack on, I mean, he's got some material this close season to work on. Having said that, he'll likely just do Dennis Law mumbling 'Well, you know...' or Frank 'Frankie Boy' McAvennie gurning 'Where's the burdz...' again.

Would be funny as fcuk if he came out with a belting show full of Sevco material. It's either that or re-runs of Still Game, Jackie Bird wearing a glittery top while Phil Cunninghame and Ally Bain bore the tits off us alongside that bird fae' Capercaillie.

Get the finger out Watson. Deliver the goods.

Your current income almost certainly won't be affected in the slightest, so you are unlikely to lose out. The SFL may negotiate a TV deal to show "Rangers" in the league (either highlights or live matches), which would benefit every club in the organisation. "Rangers" will compete in the Challenge Cup - there may be a TV deal for that, where again every team would benefit financially. It is also likely that you will meet "Rangers" at some point during their time in the SFL. They will bring bigger crowds to Firhill than most other SFL sides.

Sorry, just too many `mays` in there for me to take much solace. The one `may` you don`t mention is a reduction in our SPL funding because unlike yourselves, I fully expect attempts at renegotiation of the deal.

In one aspect though you are quite correct. It is more than likely that we will play Sevco at some time in the future because we`ll probably still be in the SFL1 when they get there (my natural optimism aside). For reasons of Self Preservation it has been made extremely difficult to escape from SFL1 in order to protect the lower life forms in the SPL.

Anyone else picture the first SPL meeting of the new reality.

" OK, we`re gonna change the voting system to 9 - 3 " Eleven hands go up................passed.

" OK, we`re gonna share out the TV and sponsorship money more fairly" Eleven hands go up......................passed

" OK, we`re gonna introduce a play off with the SFL1 for a second promotion/ relegation spot"...................mumbles of hard economic times, 0 votes...........not passed

That`s the reality of the situation and that`s how it will remain until Sevco manage to scrape and bribe their way into SFL1. At that point play offs will suddenly be needed to ensure `fairness` and to uphold `sporting integrity`.

Edited by somner`s love child

I thought the SFA had referred the matter to FIFA for guidance? Going by what I could make out in the papers over here, that is the case anyway. Certainly it suggested that Laffarty didn't play against Grasshoppers at the weekend as they were waiting for FIFA to give them the ok on it.

There's a joke in there somewhere but I just can't put my finger on it ATM.................................... ;)

Now that the leagues are sorted out, the SFA seem to be really turning the screw. I think this was always likely to happen, but only now do we see the magnitude of the shit pile they've got flying at them.

Conversely, would this have happened if it'd been SFL1 on Friday?

Surely the SPL could just allocate Dundee one of the other shares that are laying dormant at the moment?

That was my thought.

OK, give me a scenario where PTFC will profit financially in the coming season from recent developments.

SFL revenues are collectively split... a new TV deal sees you get £££.

You might draw them in the Ramsdens*

*if avoiding Berwick-esque defeat in R1

Glad to be of service.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Green still managing to come up with statements that are puke inducing.

Green has revealed he will travel to Athens to secure a friendly against Olympiacos at Ibrox before moving on for talks with Uefa.

He told Sky Sports News: "Part of the conditions for the newco to meet to satisfy SFA membership is that there are certain old club debts to European clubs.

"It is not inconsiderable, it is about £3million that has been accumulated as part of the historical baggage.

"These are oldco debts newco has got to face up to and this is the frustration we've had as a group where at times we are newco so we have to sit in this particular box.

"However when it is convenient we are still oldco so we have to suffer the sins of the fathers.

"Nevertheless what I want to go and say to these clubs as well as Uefa is that we are here for the long haul, we want to be honourable, we are people who face up to responsibility but we want some help in meeting these because we do want to get Rangers back to the top of the pile and when we do get back into Europe - whether it's five or 10 years or 20 years - we want to walk back with our heads held high.

"We don't want them to be waived, we don't expect them to be waived and part of me says why should a club waive its debts when it's done its thing honourably.

"Equally I think I would like the clubs and Uefa to recognise these are not my debts, this is a gesture and for them to work with us where we can come to some amicably agreeable settlement and move forward together as friends."

Edited by PeeTeeJag

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but my understanding of TUPE is that it is there to protect employees and it should not be possible to make staff redundant for a year (I think). I am sure some wiser person than me could clarify. But if I am right the Charlie has more problems, as I do not think he can merely tell some of the staff that 'your P45's in the post'.

Looking at it objectivly (can any of us?)

• the upkeep of Ibrokes,
  • redundancy payments (or not?)
  • paying all staff
  • football debts
  • sanctions yet to be declared
  • EBTs and possible stripping of titles (and 2002 league cup)

I fear he is screwed. He saw a chance to get a quick buck and went for it.

I think he now realises why no other high profile zombie Rangers fans came in to buy them.

I cannot see how they can possibly convince the SFA that they can fulfil their fixtures.

Ho Hum. you won't be missed.

TUPE was discussed, what seems like, a long time ago. There were various claims about protection for employees for periods of time but no-one, as I recall, came up with any evidence to support this.

TUPE means employees transfer over on the same pay and conditions as they had with the previous company, which includes length of service. There doesnt seem to be anything to stop the new company, at any time, making them redundant as long as they follow the correct redundancy process. There, similarly, doesnt seem to be anything to stop the new company changing the pay and conditions, as long as they follow whats written in the original employment contract - for example, most will state that x months notice must be given for any change to the contract.