Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This seems to easiest route.

But even if they get the transfer ban dropped they're still open to the investigated for the EBTs, have to pay the original fine, and pay the other clubs back.

but the transfer ban cant be dropped, it can only be replaced by something from the menu...

lets think

ejection from the scottish cup - cant be that coz it hasnt started yet so again SFA would be not following rules

fine- cant be as they already have the maximum fine

so that only leaves

suspension from SFA

expulsion from SFA

Today has been amazing

1) Rangers demoted to diddy club.

2) The kick in the baws that the punishments will still happen

3) The hilarity at the reaction from said Zombie supporters, how many times did they think it was all going to be okay and were happy slapping each other and how they would get their retribution?

Absolutely fantastic, a dream of a day for the diddy fan, id be careful of taunting any of the orcs in person, they have gone from being a wounded animal to one who's been mortally wounded.

I think its fair to say in the 5 stages of acceptance, they have truly hit ANGER.

R.e. this fresh uncertainty over Rangers actually starting the season: what's SFL going to do if they ultimately don't make it? Their 14-day clock started ticking on Friday and runs-out on Friday 27th July. That's the day before the Ramsdens Cup R1 and 15 days before the League starts... what do they do?

Hold a hastily-arranged application process for non-leaguers, with those sides having to quit their own leagues after they've started?

Run with 9 clubs, costing clubs 2 home games income?

Invite Celtic B to play hors concours?

Worth remembering - they wouldn't be applying for a license.

i was thinking about that today, we've talked about celtic B playing in the third division before....only obstical i can see is the new under 20s league starting.

but the transfer ban cant be dropped, it can only be replaced by something from the menu...

lets think

ejection from the scottish cup - cant be that coz it hasnt started yet so again SFA would be not following rules

so that only leaves

suspension from SFA

expulsion from SFA

The SFA can impose whatever terms they wish during the transfer of membership. Whilst this may be the SFA asking them to take the oldco's punishment, they are now perfectly entitled to impose the transfer ban as a condition of the transfer.

As Hedgecutter keeps saying, apparently you don(t need a licence.

Brechin don't have one.

They just get fined every year until they meet the standard.

That is true. But SFA Associate Membership ties in very closely in terms of demanded criteria to Club Licensing Bronze Standard. Clubs like Brechin have a temporary stay of execution, but the SFA are not letting in new clubs that don't comply or will struggle to comply in the near future. The SFA Associate Membership criteria is no longer online. As far as I know, it has been superceded by Club Licencing Bronze Standard.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=9263

News story relating to Turriff and Formartine's acceptance into SFA as Associate Members this summer.

lets think

so that only leaves

suspension from SFA

expulsion from SFA

You've actually got that the wrong way around... the punishment would be being banned from entering the cup, not ejected from it (e.g. like someone who fields an ineligible man), however, it's already started (Preliminary Draw made and first ties due 4th August).

I said I wouldn't post any more RM syuff, but I only meant for cheap laffs.

This MAY be interesting

Someone posted this on twitter, UEFA deems transfer bans illegal.

UEFA shelves Transfer Ban punishment

Posted by Ed Thompson on Sunday, April 15, 2012

UEFA shelves Transfer Ban punishment 24 November 2011

The Telegraph published a significant FFP article which maintains that UEFA have had to withdraw one of the proposed punishments for exceeding the Break Even deficit. The use of a transfer ban was put forward as a favoured punishment at the ECA in September (see article below). However it appears such a ban would fail the EC's restraint-of-trade rules. This seemingly leaves UEFA with only three options:

1.Levy fines as a punishment (however the irony of being able to buy your way out of the Financial Fair Play requirements will not be lost on many UEFA members).

2.Defer FFP until after Blatter retires from FIFA in 2015 and is replaced by Platini.

3.Impose UEFA competition bans on the worst FFP transgressors

Of the three options, UEFA may decide to defer FFP implementation and punishment, citing the Eurozone/recession problems as the reason behind the delay.

http://www.financial...-ban-punishment

Is this a get out for them?

John Bomber Brown ‏@johnbomberbrown

When our manager Ally McCoist tells the fans to buy the season tickets then thats when you know ally has trust in the board.

Does Green know about this?

John Brown has been fantastic in this.

Today has been amazing

1) Rangers demoted to diddy club.

2) The kick in the baws that the punishments will still happen

3) The hilarity at the reaction from said Zombie supporters, how many times did they think it was all going to be okay and were happy slapping each other and how they would get their retribution?

Absolutely fantastic, a dream of a day for the diddy fan, id be careful of taunting any of the orcs in person, they have gone from being a wounded animal to one who's been mortally wounded.

I think its fair to say in the 5 stages of acceptance, they have truly hit ANGER.

Someone did it 30 or so pages back, but after today, if you re-visit the first post on this thread, I got it spectacularly wrong.

Mind you, this was based on a long, long list of football clubs who seemingly played the 'administration card' as a way to debt-dodge and take a short-term hit, before emerging stronger 'going forward'.

If everyone else survived, I thought they would. They still might.

That is true. But SFA Associate Membership ties in very closely in terms of demanded criteria to Club Licensing Bronze Standard. Clubs like Brechin have a temporary stay of execution, but the SFA are not letting in new clubs that don't comply or will struggle to comply in the near future. The SFA Associate Membership criteria is no longer online. As far as I know, it has been superceded by Club Licencing Bronze Standard.

http://www.scottishf...D=3&newsID=9263

News story relating to Turriff and Formartine's acceptance into SFA as Associate Members this summer.

New club thing makes sense.

Ah, wait, could they be an old club, depending which way they jump?

This is too convoluted.

I said I wouldn't post any more RM syuff, but I only meant for cheap laffs.

This MAY be interesting

Someone posted this on twitter, UEFA deems transfer bans illegal.

UEFA shelves Transfer Ban punishment

Posted by Ed Thompson on Sunday, April 15, 2012

UEFA shelves Transfer Ban punishment 24 November 2011

The Telegraph published a significant FFP article which maintains that UEFA have had to withdraw one of the proposed punishments for exceeding the Break Even deficit. The use of a transfer ban was put forward as a favoured punishment at the ECA in September (see article below). However it appears such a ban would fail the EC's restraint-of-trade rules. This seemingly leaves UEFA with only three options:

1.Levy fines as a punishment (however the irony of being able to buy your way out of the Financial Fair Play requirements will not be lost on many UEFA members).

2.Defer FFP until after Blatter retires from FIFA in 2015 and is replaced by Platini.

3.Impose UEFA competition bans on the worst FFP transgressors

Of the three options, UEFA may decide to defer FFP implementation and punishment, citing the Eurozone/recession problems as the reason behind the delay.

http://www.financial...-ban-punishment

Is this a get out for them?

Opening paragraph of the article.

The European governing body confirmed on Tuesday that transfer embargo proposals, which had the support of leading clubs including Inter Milan and Arsenal, have been dropped because they were unenforceable. Control over player registrations lies with national associations and Fifa, not Uefa.

New club thing makes sense.

Ah, wait, could they be an old club, depending which way they jump?

This is too convoluted.

They're oldco if they transfer. Rangers have been SFA members since the 19th Century.

If they don't transfer, they're just like Formartine or Turriff - but without the 3 years of accounts to satisfy the Licencing Committee who now grant Associate Membership.

The other thing I dont get, Rangers fans are saying if they are allowed to replace the players that have left then the transfer ban is okay.

It would be the worlds most pointless transfer ban if that happened, never in a million years would that be the case.

It is now required to join the SFA - as far as I know.

It's not.

Turriff/Formartine were granted associate membership in February but didn't get (Entry) license until a couple of months later, e.g. see article below.

Criteria are similar but not whollly identical.

http://www.formartineunited.co.uk/newsarticle?newsid=189

The other thing I dont get, Rangers fans are saying if they are allowed to replace the players that have left then the transfer ban is okay.

It would be the worlds most pointless transfer ban if that happened, never in a million years would that be the case.

Rangers fans on Rangers forums are generally at the lower end of the IQ spectrum. If it sounds implausible, it most likely is. Unless Cockwomble or Regan think its a good idea.

It's genuinely looking more and more likely, that the vile establishment known as rangers, the rangers, sevco or whatever, may be consigned to the history books. The fans who actively protested against the blatant threats, and attempted cheating from the governing bodies can stand proud. If only my own club had the balls to say no

In diddies we trust

23547721.jpg