Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So is this the fun really beginning?

Surely even the Rangers fans can see that it would be just a wee bit counter productive to start with the death threats or any form of civil disobediance. I mean really, it's not like there are enough reasons to kill them off as it is.

Well, it's been a watershed for Scottish football today, even Hibee Jibbee think's all's right with the world.

I think we might just pull through this chaos and become stronger for it.

Sponsors will suffer a huge backlash from fans if they do pull out, and maybe a few, SKY for one, will negotiate a lesser deal, but with a fairer distribution of the cash we may not see too much leave the game. Celtic may lose a fair bit but they are certainly guaranteed the Champions league place for the next couple of seasons anyway. I am pretty sure they'd accept that as recompense. If they qualify for the group stages this season , along with the 'Well :D , it'll be a wee shot in the arm for them and for the game in general.

It's often been said that the clubs wont vote for a 16 or 18 team league because it means fewer matches against the OF. Well, for the foreseeable future we have that scenario, only two home games against Celtic, but of course if you dont make the split it may only be one. In fact it's entirely possible that one poor bugger could end up with Celtic at their ground only once and them having to go to Parkhead three times.

That is the iniquity of the split.

Lets see how we cope and whether we can see our way to bringing more clubs to the table and strengthening Scottish Football from the roots upward. At the moment the roots are dying because we've taken all the strong healthy plants out and stuck them in a pot on the patio. It's time we bedded them back in with the others and gave the garden a makeover.

That is my reading of it. The orcs have a choice their past or their future. Either way Rangers are dead. choose the past and Sevco Rangers will die through the sanctions, choose the future and Sevco have to kill off Rangers officially.

And to think of all the bad feeling on here since Friday, the witch hunts and threats of boycotting innocent clubs.

We are about to witness, possibly for the first time, justice working in Scottish football.

... and in either scenario, oldco or newco - he has the running costs of Ibrox & Minty Moonbeams Park, an SFL £12 ticket price to contend with, very low ST sales, low visiting fan numbers, employees needing to be paid on oldco contract terms, no TV deal money, no almost guaranteed SPL 1st or 2nd place pot money to look forward to each season, no European income, no chance of selling things like corporate hospitality dinners at home games at SPL prices, and their catering/merchandise operations were already sold up the Swannee by Minty?

Dearie me. They are seriously fcuked.

Posted Today, 05:33 PM

Do we even have a choice, the level of hatred directed towards us is astounding, every newspaper, radio station, tv station, opposition fans, chairmen, the SPL, SFL and the SFA all want a piece of Rangers and there actually isn't anything left, we are pretty jmuch a lifeless corpse and they are not done kicking I'm nearly i tears over this the anger inside me I have never experienced before I honestly think I am on the verge of commiting murder.

Thankfully I'm off to do security for the Olympics for a onth to live in a shitty field so when I come back things should be better.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=231700

I knew G4S were struggling but jeezo.

If youre on twitter @rangersmeltdown for the highlights.

My personal favourite so far............

getting Dundee into the SPL was always Dundee Hibs aim,that no mark Thomson who stole our money had it planned along with Rhegan & Lieswell

Wouldnt be surprised of most of the youth team was let go

Rangers fans seem to think the youth squad will be used this season.

I started reading this thread and realised I was 30 pages behind, so probably missed alot. The brief bit I have read brought me some joy though as I've had a strange day (got a spanner dropped on my eye on my first day back dry.gif), and I hope to almighty GOD Green "sacrifices" the history so we get an extra special Bomber Broon Rant biggrin.gif

Lets see how we cope and whether we can see our way to bringing more clubs to the table and strengthening Scottish Football from the roots upward. At the moment the roots are dying because we've taken all the strong healthy plants out and stuck them in a pot on the patio. It's time we bedded them back in with the others and gave the garden a makeover.

Bob fucking Flowerdew?:D

Whole post fair comment I think.

This carry-on pleases on so many levels. Not least of which is the guarantee

that this thread lives on, complete with its history and in the top division of threads.

... and in either scenario, oldco or newco - he has the running costs of Ibrox & Minty Moonbeams Park, an SFL £12 ticket price to contend with, very low ST sales, low visiting fan numbers, employees needing to be paid on oldco contract terms, no TV deal money, no almost guaranteed SPL 1st or 2nd place pot money to look forward to each season, no European income, no chance of selling things like corporate hospitality dinners at home games at SPL prices, and their catering/merchandise operations were already sold up the Swannee by Minty?

They still have the Sevco News magazine, no?

Do they still do the Sevco Pools? I remember my maw won about £1000 back when that was a lot of money. Haven't seen it in advertised in years though.

:D

http://www.raithrovers.net/4220/statement-from-turnbull-hutton-board-of-directors.htm

We, as a club, have benefited in a number of ways from having spoken out and making our position clear on a number of issues. Like other clubs, we were the subject of targeted circular letters from fans groups and other interested parties giving us their views on what was required to be done within Scottish Football. In addition, however, our clear stand struck a chord elsewhere: we suddenly found football fans both in this country and overseas, making tangible contributions in a variety of innovative ways. Players have been sponsored, our mascot too, donations have been made to the Club, strips purchased, season tickets purchased by fans of other clubs – simply to make a donation! Cheques have been sent to us, pledges made to attend games at Stark’s Park during the coming season……it has all been a bit overwhelming. We therefore look forward to welcoming all fans – supporters or otherwise – to Kirkcaldy this season.

Finally, the club and I have now received in excess of 400 letters and emails over the past few weeks. Whilst a real effort was made to respond individually – certainly at the beginning – the sheer volume of mail received has now rendered this pretty much impossible. So, therefore, let me thank everyone who took the trouble and interest to write and get in touch. Your support, financial and otherwise, has been inspiring.

Dearie me. They are seriously fcuked.

Surely this same scenario would've happened if they were in the SPL or Div 1 as well.

So when Regan was promising Green that Newco wouldn't be in the 3rd did he also tell him that he was going to hit him with this?

Green must be nearly ready to quit.

Can't see "rangers" or sevco lasting the season. f**k me, i can't really see them kicking off the season if i'm honest. Meanwhile, in the land of reality poor old portsmouth are off on a pre season tour with trialists and schoolboys and with the remaining eight senior players away when they return. They were losing a player or two a week when they went into admin- rangers offered eight grand a week to cousin.....and that's the difference!