Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The sanctions for newco are for them to take on Rangers SFA membership. That comes with the sanctions. They can dodge those only by applying to become new SFA members, but they don't meet any of the criteria to do so. They are therefore caught between a rock and a high place.

OOOOOOOOOFT. I did not know this or see this today. So damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The sanctions for newco are for them to take on Rangers SFA membership. That comes with the sanctions. They can dodge those only by applying to become new SFA members, but they don't meet any of the criteria to do so. They are therefore caught between a rock and a high place.

This makes even more sense to me - and presumably has f**k-all to do with them wanting to retain the Oldco history.

So really, this is the first piece of win-win news us diddies have had in this entire sorry affair?

OOOOOOOOOFT. I did not know this or see this today. So damned if they do and damned if they don't.

http://sport.stv.tv/...ban-must-stand/

dubious source I know, but you never know!

Should Sevco refuse to meet the Scottish FA’s demands, it will be forced to apply for a completely new membership not tied to the former club.

Should those conditions be declined by Mr Green's company, the Scottish FA will refuse to transfer the membership and, as the newco does not meet the necessary requirements, Rangers will not play professional football in Scotland for at least the next year.

Edited by Jim Leighton

So, if I've got this right - Charlie Green has a choice to carry on as 'Rangers', or to apply to start afresh as the 'newco Rangers'.

Attempting to continue the timeline of the oldco means sanctions apply (12 month transfer embargo or 12 month suspension, total suspension, or a Scottish Cup ban). These would be SFA sanctions. What would be the implications for oldco debt, and for investigations starting up again into the conduct of Haudit & Daudit in regard to the sale of oldco to Charlie Green - and the possibility that creditors, including HMRC, were effectively ripped-off? Seems to me that for the preservation of their history, he's fcuked on so many other levels.

If he plays the newco card - the history is definitely gone down the U-bend. We're talking about a new name (that mustn't be so close to the oldco name that it could be construed as trying to be the same as the oldco), a new crest, no history, and a requirement to provide all the things that any newco would have to, in order to gain acceptance - accounts, proof of funds to fulfill fixtures, etc, etc... Fcuked again, as this route would undoubtably see oldco fans desert / boycott in droves, and he wouldn't satisfy the requirements either.

Have I messed up here?

In any event, has Regan got Spartans on speed-dial?

Edited by pozbaird

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Posted Today, 05:24 PM

snapback.pngAlanCompton, on 16 July 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Green would walk away and no one would be able to keep us afloat.

The Rangers family? Is there not over 5 million of us?

I'm not posting any more of these. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

It's also demeaning to P&B.

I apologise.

(Go and look for yourselves)

So, if I've got this right - Charlie Green has a choice to carry on as 'Rangers', or to apply to start afresh as the 'newco Rangers'.

Attempting to continue the timeline of the oldco means sanctions apply (12 month transfer embargo or 12 month suspension, total suspension, or a Scottish Cup ban). These would be SFA sanctions. What would be the implications for oldco debt, and for investigations starting up again into the conduct of Haudit & Daudit in regard to the sale of oldco to Charlie Green - and the possibility that creditors, including HMRC, were effectively ripped-off? Seems to me that for the preservation of their history, he's fcuked on so many other levels.

If he plays the newco card - the history is definitely gone down the U-bend. We're talking about a new name (that mustn't be so close to the oldco name that it could be construed as trying to be the same as the oldco), a new crest, no history, and a requirement to provide all the things that any newco would have to, in order to gain acceptance - accounts, proof of funds to fulfil fixtures, etc, etc... Fcuked again, as this route would undoubtably see oldco fans desert / boycott in droves.

Have I messed up here?

At least Spartans are paid up members of the SFA!

As far as I can gather, yes. If NewcoRangers want the oldco's SFA membership, they take the various punishments coming their way such as tribunal punishments, fines and payment of footballing debt. If they cannot accept, they apply to join SFA as a new member, and have to provide a raft of documents about who and what they are.

It was quoted in the media that the running costs alone for Ibrox and Murray park was around £15 million a year,that's just the building,non playing staff and training facilities and youth squad.

The reduced ticket prices in the 3rd division are a catastrophe to a club the size of Rangers/newco,even if they sell out every home game they are still possibly running at a loss.

Expect Murray park to be punted to cover ? can't think straight off ! but around £5 million will be saved from the budget if it was to be sold off.Even with Murray park gone they will still struggle to stay afloat.

Even sponsorship money becomes reduced to the Ibrox club at 3rd division pricing.

All clubs in the 3rd are part time and the orc fans will expect full time players,these players will expect at least around 1st division wages because this is a big club with aspirations of SPL footy.

In a nutshell ! the newco will in all probability hit the buffers before the season is done.

Wouldnt be surprised of most of the youth team was let go, or the better players leave to do down south.

If he plays the newco card - the history is definitely gone down the U-bend. We're talking about a new name (that mustn't be so close to the oldco name that it could be construed as trying to be the same as the oldco), a new crest, no history, and a requirement to provide all the things that any newco would have to, in order to gain acceptance - accounts, proof of funds to fulfil fixtures, etc, etc... Fcuked again, as this route would undoubtably see oldco fans desert / boycott in droves.

Have I messed up here?

That is my reading of it. The orcs have a choice their past or their future. Either way Rangers are dead. choose the past and Sevco Rangers will die through the sanctions, choose the future and Sevco have to kill off Rangers officially.

And to think of all the bad feeling on here since Friday, the witch hunts and threats of boycotting innocent clubs.

We are about to witness, possibly for the first time, justice working in Scottish football.

Haven't Newco had already been accepted as a member of the SFA? That was first part of the SFL vote on Friday.

Why are they saying that they need Rangers' membership to play Brechin?

They have 2 weeks from SFL entry to gain SFA membership. Sevco want to transfer Oldco rangers' share. Otherwise they apply off their own back. As it is, Sevco/Newco have provisional SFL membership, dependent on SFA membership being confirmed.

At least Spartans are paid up members of the SFA!

As far as I can gather, yes. If NewcoRangers want the oldco's SFA membership, they take the various punishments coming their way such as tribunal punishments, fines and payment of footballing debt. If they cannot accept, they apply to join SFA as a new member, and have to provide a raft of documents about who and what they are.

Oh that is just too fucking sweet!