Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Easy one for Green here! The option is accept the initial signing ban rejected by the CoS as being ultra vires or the remaining punishments available which are suspension or expulsion from the SFA. As a businessman I'm sure he will opt for the one that pays the most- a signing ban. So he will save Rangers 2 from oblivion.

At the time when Bomber Brown made his speech on the steps of Ibrox there was a rumour that if they were put in sfl3 then Greene was going to flatten Ibrox.

I wonder. mmmm

FFS. This is just Campbell Ogilvie's SFA trying to help their beloved Rangers even more.

They tried the signing ban, were told it was illegal and to think again. All they can therefore do is move up their list of actual punishments and do what they should have done in the first place ie suspension. Anything less is a continuation of the old boys act.

Plus ca fucking change.

If Friday's vote had gone the way of SFL1, would this have still happened? If not, then is SFA acting differently than if SFL had played ball - or is it Green?

I think it's Green, I'm more than willing to be corrected but was part of the Regan agreement not along the lines of Green will accept the sanctions if SFL1 happens? Therefore there would have been no dispute.

Tbh, my gut reaction is their academy players + McCulloch would likely win SFL3 anyway, but maybe Green doesn't want to risk it.

It still makes no sense how this has occurred though.

If Friday's vote had gone the way of SFL1, would this have still happened? If not, then is SFA acting differently than if SFL had played ball - or is it Green?

There were mentions to the transfer embargo from various quarters during the SFL1 propaganda-fest. The Daily Express had an article saying that Green was "happy to accept" the 12 month ban, as long as it started in August.

Is this to do with the appellate tribunal? Because if so then they've shat it from doing what should have been done, that is a 1-year suspension. How can they say that the embargo must stand after the courts ruled against it? They must be punished by the rulebook, which means suspension, expulsion or "ejection" from the Scottish Cup.

[/size][/color]

Hallelujah has it now finally sunk in

NAW IT HUSNAE!

They still think they can go elsewhere.

Even if it were possible for them to go,

do they really think anyone wants them?

Not in their previous form and not in their current guise.

They're DOOMED, DOOMED, I TELLS YAS!

At the time when Bomber Brown made his speech on the steps of Ibrox there was a rumour that if they were put in sfl3 then Greene was going to flatten Ibrox.

I wonder. mmmm

My big hope when the shit really hit the fan was for no football for them next season, whilst the inevitable litigation and criminal investigations took place.

I think we're there now.

(As for bulldozers, nothing would surprise me now. I know the facade is listed but the rest of it is riddled with asbestos, no?)

I think it's Green, I'm more than willing to be corrected but was part of the Regan agreement not along the lines of Green will accept the sanctions if SFL1 happens? Therefore there would have been no dispute.

There were mentions to the transfer embargo from various quarters during the SFL1 propaganda-fest. The Daily Express had an article saying that Green was "happy to accept" the 12 month ban, as long as it started in August.

OK grand.

Of course one issue is the apparent illegality of the embargo but leaving that aside...

... surely on Friday someone asked Green whether or not he'd accept in SFL3 the sanctions he'd accept in SFL1?

Is this to do with the appellate tribunal? Because if so then they've shat it from doing what should have been done, that is a 1-year suspension. How can they say that the embargo must stand after the courts ruled against it? They must be punished by the rulebook, which means suspension, expulsion or "ejection" from the Scottish Cup.

It can't be legally imposed unless 'Rangers' agree to it. The SFA are holding a gun to their heads here. It's arguably a way of them avoiding a worse fate, but it's another example of the SFA acting outwith their powers.

To be honest it's kind of annoying because the SFA shouldn't even be considering allowing them to transfer the membership; that allows Sevco to continue claiming to be Rangers, which they are not. It should be a case of new membership or nothing, regardless of the sanctions attached to the old membership.

Still, if this kills them for good, I won't complain.

laugh.gif bloody hell, they still seem to think they need to sign 10 - 15 players. No wonder they went bust.

In theory they say they are happy to play in SFL 3 but not one of them really knows what that means.

Its very funny indeed biggrin.gif

They are off their trolleys, middle of the road 1st division players is all they require to walk the 3rd.

They seem hell bent on heading for admin 2 already.

They really are The Silly Boys.

Anyone got a link for sportsound?

a

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17325775

I'm SO hoping someone on the show tonight has enough gumption to ask... plain and simply...

... who has changed tack?

... if it's Green, what did he say on Friday?

... if he said he'd only accept SFA sanctions if elected to SFL1, why were they elected to SFL3 at all?

Paddpower got odds p for Div 3 but m a/c is froze at the mo :(

Rangers 1/14

The Field 6's 8) fill yer furry bits!!!!

Wahay its only frozen for withdrawals :lol:

£57.13 struck on the Field @ 6's, returns £399. and change :)