Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Has anyone else stopped buying The DR?

For the passed few months I havent bought it as it really was getting sickening reading how much drivel was written about rankers. And I have no intention of ever buying it again.

The circulations of both the DR and Evening Times in Glasgow will take a hammering not only because of what has happened but also with rankers 2.0 in the 3rd division and very little in the way of exclusive stories and star players coming out of Govan. Many fans of the blue persuasion will see no point in buying it if they are consigned to only 2 pages (I doubt they will ever just be a few sentences at the bottom of a page), and many other fans will still be sickened by the rankers love-in.

What are the phone ins on radio going to do without pished rankers fans calling in to moan about something? Will celtic fans pick up the slack?

Still reckon that some serious shit is gonna hit the fan this week.

I'm not so sure. The amount of space given to Newco will not be dependent so much on what league they are but how much people want to read stories about them. There'd be a bit less interest in match reports and less exciting transfers but that would have to be balanced by the huge and continuing coverage of the ongoing omnishambles that is Newco. Of course, if Rangers go out of business entirely they'll definitely take a hit (and the tabloids would definitely be concerned about that) but at the moment it'd be minimal.

From a distance, I'm relieved that the door has finally closed on Sevco getting into one of the two top leagues, and now await the football authorities acting on the double contract issue, as well as (if Sevco actually does appear next season) seeing how the cops at division 3 grounds cope with the likely behaviour of their fan base.

But a disappointment was seeing Topping being re-elected as non-executive chairman: he is part of the problems we've been facing.

Have to agree with this. It's all too easy to scapegoat Doncaster and Regan.

How much are the season tickets?

Wed, Jun 29, 2012

TweetSEASON TICKET UPDATE

The Club is disappointed it has been unable to provide season ticket holders with clarity on the arrangements for season ticket renewals.

As you are aware, there is a meeting tomorrow with the SFL board and member clubs to discuss which division Rangers will play in next season.Following that meeting we hope to be in a position to provide greater clarity on season ticket renewals, pricing and payment processes - which will be communicated directly to season ticket holders.

The Club would like to thank season ticket holders once again for their patience during this difficult period.

From a distance, I'm relieved that the door has finally closed on Sevco getting into one of the two top leagues, and now await the football authorities acting on the double contract issue, as well as (if Sevco actually does appear next season) seeing how the cops at division 3 grounds cope with the likely behaviour of their fan base.

But a disappointment was seeing Topping being re-elected as non-executive chairman: he is part of the problems we've been facing.

And Michael Johnston of Killie..mad.gif How come there's another Celtic bod taking Lawwell's seat? Do they have a permanent place, like the UK on the UN Security Council?

I would like to say thank you and offer a round of applause to everyone on P&B who helped make this historic day.

Big thanks also to those bloggers and 14 year old attic dwelling keyboard clatterers who combined to make this happen

and to certain members of the MSM who can hold their heads up. We, and they, know who they are.

All the rest can go eat worms.

STV Sport@STVSportRangers' league place at risk as Scottish FA insist signing ban must stand http://bit.ly/LURX43

Grant Russell@STVGrantRangers won't play in the Third Division, or anywhere, unless Charles Green's company accepts SFA conditions http://bit.ly/LURX43

Expand

Please let it be so biggrin.gif

Edited by cowden0

STV Sport@STVSportRangers' league place at risk as Scottish FA insist signing ban must stand http://bit.ly/LURX43

Grant Russell@STVGrantRangers won't play in the Third Division, or anywhere, unless Charles Green's company accepts SFA conditions http://bit.ly/LURX43

Expand

Have they not been punished enough?????

No. :)

Rangers' league place at risk as Scottish FA insist signing ban must stand

http://sport.stv.tv/...ban-must-stand/

jjpleasing.gifjjpleasing.gifjjpleasing.gif

Maybe,just maybe,we have been underestimating Cockwomble and Regan....maybe their plan was to make it look like they were trying every avenue to get Sevco back into the top flights,knowing full well the transfer embargo will stand....thus putting Sevco once more into administration,and unable to fulfil their fixture requirements......and basically not being around any more.

Or maybe i should just lay off eating those strange mushrooms that grow at the bottom of my garden wink.gif

STV Sport@STVSport Rangers' league place at risk as Scottish FA insist signing ban must stand http://bit.ly/LURX43

Grant Russell@STVGrant Rangers won't play in the Third Division, or anywhere, unless Charles Green's company accepts SFA conditions http://bit.ly/LURX43

Expand

So it looks like a severely hobbled "Rangers" or a sanction-free Newclub.

Excellent. Rock and a hard place.

Hope they see sense and go for Newclub option, although their fans still won't accept it.

They play Hawick Royal Albert on Saturday then Arniston Rangers on Tuesday and Kelty Hearts on Wednesday, so they'll have got match practice in before facing Brechin.

Are they registered yet to allow them to play friendlies?

Considering going over to Hawick. Not to watch the game, just to buy up some programmes and sell them on ebay.

If thats their first ever game then it should be worth a punt. All profits go to attending some SFL matches next season.

I agree. Strange move if this is true but nevertheless pleasing rolleyes.gif

Surely this wasn't going to happen if Regan had won and they'd gone into SFL1.

In which case are SFA being problematic out of spite - or was Green only going to accept it in SFL1 (and if so why wasn't he asked that on Friday)?

So it looks like a severely hobbled "Rangers" or a sanction-free Newclub.

Excellent. Rock and a hard place.

Hope they see sense and go for Newclub option, although their fans still won't accept it.

STVGrant on Twitter reckons that they wouldn't get a license if they applied as a fresh club, due to a lack of financial info.