Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hurray!!! We have won this battle and I will now quite happily swagger to Easter Road, get my season ticket and my new Hibs top.

BUT let's not stop there. One down, one to go.

We still have to rearrange the voting system, television shares and league winners shares.

It's nice to know we probably have a 3 year window at least for this to come to fruition: but the following must be done:

Voting System: All decisions require a 7-5 majority. This will forever end the chance of 2 teams voting for their own sake and noone elses. It also stops a chance in the future for example of 2 ggow and 2 edinburgh clubs doing this, making the voting system genuinely represent what the majority want.

Television rights: ALL television money is equally distributed to all 12 teams. No matter how many games your team is involved in, equality is key to spread quality throughout the league.

League prize money: Sure, have incentives to finish higher, but the current gap between 1&2nd then the rest is a flipping joke. We need much smoother winnings for league positions.

Let's go for the juggular.

Well done the SPL chairman.

Ach ehm,..and SFL Chairmen, thank you please. wink.gif

Voting System: All decisions require a 7-5 majority. This will forever end the chance of 2 teams voting for their own sake and noone elses. It also stops a chance in the future for example of 2 ggow and 2 edinburgh clubs doing this, making the voting system genuinely represent what the majority want.

Television rights: ALL television money is equally distributed to all 12 teams. No matter how many games your team is involved in, equality is key to spread quality throughout the league.

League prize money: Sure, have incentives to finish higher, but the current gap between 1&2nd then the rest is a flipping joke. We need much smoother winnings for league positions.

For sake of accuracy... there's no "TV money" as such as in appearance money, it just goes into the prizemoney pot. Problem with that pot is the big drop from 2nd to 3rd (remember half is split equally and the rest graded... and graded in 0.5% steps from 3rd down) so that should be smoothed, yep.

Voting should be 9-3 on matters of major importance, very few organisations of any kind apply simple majorities to fundemental matters.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Ach ehm,..and SFL Chairmen, thank you please. wink.gif

Indeed.

Even if the SPL chairmen were behind the underhandedness (some may have been), they've at least taken their medicine and made the right decision for all of Scottish football.

The SFL clubs and chairmen have been excellent though, especially under such unrelenting pressure.

It's amazing we can now think about the season ahead now with unprecendented optimism.

It clearly has been an excellent few days for Scottish football.

They won't have any bother fulfilling the fixture, IMO... they've got a good complement of youngsters and those players who have TUPE'd over - and of course even if the "big names" are now going to be let go, there's nothing particularly stopping them playing 1 Ramsdens Cup tie before leaving.

They play Hawick Royal Albert on Saturday then Arniston Rangers on Tuesday and Kelty Hearts on Wednesday, so they'll have got match practice in before facing Brechin.

Whether they'll beat Brechin is another matter.

But that would cup-tie them from the Ramsdens which reduces their chances of being picked up ;)

Darren Gough WTF does he know about scottish footy???

what a John McVeigh is a titlaugh.gif

Why not? Billy Dodds gets a gig.

Plus what better than a bowler to know when its 'over'...........

One major thing that is now required given that we know who is playing where is some clarity on the TV deals. Realistically, it will be a negotiation* and so I don't expect an answer today - but I'd imagine there are more than a few chairmen waiting for some sort of indication and I'm keen to understand the impact on my own club obviously.

*If Sky have read the Powerpoint of Doom, they will know that Doncaster's valuation is £3m of course - so it should quite easy for them dry.gif

Not if Doncaster gets punted and someone with a brain is installed.

Unlikely scenario, I know.

Hurray!!! We have won this battle and I will now quite happily swagger to Easter Road, get my season ticket and my new Hibs top.

BUT let's not stop there. One down, one to go.

We still have to rearrange the voting system, television shares and league winners shares.

It's nice to know we probably have a 3 year window at least for this to come to fruition: but the following must be done:

Let's go for the juggular.

Well done the SPL chairman.

We also need to keep emphasising the correct terminology. ---Rangers were not DUMPED into the 3rd Div, they were allowed in and for that they, and their fans, should bloody grateful. There can be no Old Firm in future....EVER, ......................etc, etc, etc.

They won't have any bother fulfilling the fixture, IMO... they've got a good complement of youngsters and those players who have TUPE'd over - and of course even if the "big names" are now going to be let go, there's nothing particularly stopping them playing 1 Ramsdens Cup tie before leaving.

They play Hawick Royal Albert on Saturday then Arniston Rangers on Tuesday and Kelty Hearts on Wednesday, so they'll have got match practice in before facing Brechin.

Whether they'll beat Brechin is another matter.

Auld Rangers brought up a squad of youngsters for Charlie King's testimonial last year. If it's the same bunch, they will walk the 3rd division !!

The only weak link that night was Andy Webster, who was pissed off at having to play at Brechin and basically couldn't be arsed. Hopefully that will be the case with the " superstars" Newco have left in the squad this season !!! ;)

Classic Cockwomble deflection...

Jim Whyte: Do you feel responsible for the mess Scottish Football has found itself in? Surely this all should have been sorted months ago. Do you feel under pressure to resign?

Doncaster: No, and the vilification received by Stuart Regan in the past days has been unfair and uncalled for.

Agree with the rest, but for this one, and looking ahead to a reconstruction later on, I think we probably need to try and future proof it by looking at the percentage of the vote required, rather than numbers... and also put in place rules around no abstentions permitted.

Surely 'Rangers' (in administration) - and 'Rangers' in SFL3 can't exist at the same time??

Kinda like the 'Doncaster Rat' theory................. We know there is a rat in a league, but we dont know if its alive or not........

For the first time ever, Talksport are discussing the SPL afternoon. They are predictably going with the Armageddon line that is being peddled by the MSM.

Darren Gough (for it is he) is suggesting that inviting SPL clubs into round 3 of the FA Cup could "save Scottish football from ruin"

I fucking hate Talksport

Surely 'Rangers' (in administration) - and 'Rangers' in SFL3 can't exist at the same time??

Let's be clear on this one.

The Rangers FC plc (in administration heading for liquidation) currently has: no ground, few players - and those it has are trying to sign for Stoke Sion etc. - and I assume as of today's AGM no league. It does have SFA membership. It is trying to transfer that SFA membership to Sevco Scotland ltd: who have a ground, some players and hold membership of SFL (dependant on getting SFA membership within 14 days).

Auld Rangers brought up a squad of youngsters for Charlie King's testimonial last year. If it's the same bunch, they will walk the 3rd division !!

The only weak link that night was Andy Webster, who was pissed off at having to play at Brechin and basically couldn't be arsed. Hopefully that will be the case with the " superstars" Newco have left in the squad this season !!! ;)

In a testimonial match, the wee team will be delighted (even if it is kids), that an Old Firm side is the opposition, and will treat their opponents with respect, and tackling etc will be reigned in.

When Sevco Works XI are normal opponents in proper competitive matches, they'll be out to turn them over and kick their debt-dodging arses. Different ball game for those Sevco kiddies coming up.

Classic Cockwomble deflection...

Jim Whyte: Do you feel responsible for the mess Scottish Football has found itself in? Surely this all should have been sorted months ago. Do you feel under pressure to resign?

Doncaster: No, and the vilification received by Stuart Regan in the past days has been unfair and uncalled for.

But, but, but, I called for it, as did the whole of this thread and various SFL chairfolk. So, liar Cockwomble, you are a liar.

Now fall on your sword if you have an ounce of honour left from your 2006 part time MBA from Norwich, you smug b*****d.

A historic day in Scottish football. What's happening with sevco's situation regarding their membership of the SFA I hear you ask. We cross now to the SFA's twitter feed for latest news and this important tweet:-

Scottish FA@Scottish_FALorraine Kelly becomes Honorary Scotland Supporters Club member.http://bit.ly/O1br4r

Expand

biggrin.gif

Business as usual