Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Shove it!

Exclusive By ANDY DEVLIN Published: Today at 06:05

RANGERS will SNUB the SPL if panic-stricken chiefs offer them a dramatic return to the top flight.

SunSport can reveal senior Ibrox figures are against a desperate last-ditch move to re-admit them to a league on the brink of financial meltdown.

Owner Charles Green will have the final say in a row that’s tearing Scottish football apart.

An Ibrox source said: “Mr Green will ultimately make any final decision but he is keen to listen to the fans who want the club to start with a clean slate in Division Three. That’s where we want to go.”

With several top-flight clubs nearing administration, panic has set in.

It’s understood as many as FIVE are now considering allowing newco Gers into the top-flight.

The possibility of a sensational U-turn by bosses who emphatically voted ‘No’ to newco Rangers on July 4 WILL be discussed at the SPL’s AGM at Hampden today.

But Gers would be opposed to any late deals, with many inside Ibrox keen to start again at the bottom.

Meanwhile, Inverness and Aberdeen last night joined Hearts and Dundee United by insisting they will NOT vote to let Gers back in.

Caley Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron said: “We are one of the few clubs with no bank debt, so our position is very far from threatening.

“We continue to hold the position that not allowing ‘newco’ Rangers into the SPL is the correct decision.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4431843/Rangers-news-Club-set-to-snub-SPL-U-turn.html#ixzz20m9vvV4B

:lol:

I'm getting mightily sick of Rangers fans I know now trying to take some sort of moral high ground in all this with their "I'm happy with SFL3, we don't deserve it but we'll accept it, then we'll come back debt free and stronger" bullshit.

The stupid Facebook favourite "I'd rather die with Rangers' history than live with yours" line is also getting rather tedious. dry.gif

Seems all fairly reasonable, with the exception of the £900 per fan

Some of it isn't likely to be economically sensible particularly given the new austere future... 16-team leagues without splits and sectional cups for example... but some of it is also unfair. Ditching 10 of 42 clubs into limbo, for example, and giving bottom as much prizemoney as top.

Some is also out-of-the-box crazy... e.g. Killie to average 65% of capacity?

If theya re there representing Oldco then they should be leaving pretty sharpish...the SPL shuold be asking for their SPL share to be returned and that they'll see them in a few seasons, there is no reason for Oldco to be at the meeting otherwise.

...unless they're up to something....dry.gif:lol:

Surely it would be close to a disaster for Sevco if they were re-admitted into the SPL anyway. Time is running out and their squad is awful.

Their fan-base would also abandon ship pretty quickly after County come to town and give them a battering. The problem with the Third is that the fans will travel about to see their team win most of the time seeing as this is the whole point of being a 'Rangers' fan in the first place in the eyes of many. The siege mentality thing also won't help.

With his one share? That's 1/300th of what most SFL chairmen seem to have.

Pffft, you need 500+ to carry kudos :rolleyes:.

Is an 11 team SPL a possibility? Play each other 4 times to give 40 matches. It would give teams like St. Mirren/ICT an extra game against Celtic/Hearts etc and would mean 1 less team to share the pot with. Is this allowed?

No chance at this stage.

Also, logistically unworkable, needs 44 matchdays.

I'm getting mightily sick of Rangers fans I know now trying to take some sort of moral high ground in all this with their "I'm happy with SFL3, we don't deserve it but we'll accept it, then we'll come back debt free and stronger" bullshit.

With the fact that this has all been a stitch up since the CVA was rejected leaking out, after the meeting today confirms that Sevco are to be playing football in division three there should be an announcement admitting to the stitch up and admitting that all this propaganda was aimed at getting back to how football used to be before the cheats were found out. That includes admitting that any rhetoric claiming Sevco are Rangers was just propaganda designed to bolster the illusion. The official footballing stance should now follow the legal stance that Sevco and Rangers are different entities and should not be confused with one and other.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they were voting to try to replace the 11-1 voting structure today, Green & McCoist there to Scupper that if they have the Oldco vote?

It can just be raised again with enough notice next season :lol:

That would be another own goal from Sevco - I'd imagine they would need the good will of the SPL clubs for loaning players and the like for the upcoming season.

I can maybe understand Green being there, but Sally???

Are other club managers there?

If rankers 2.0 get voted into the SPL the chances of them getting a good pumping this season could well be on the cards. That's probably why they don't want to be in it, and nothing to do with doing what's best for the good of the game and their fans.