Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Our statement that we were voting no also said that we believed they should join division 3 if they were to enter any league.

It would be nice if Steve Brown could give the Saints supporters a bit more clarity on this issue. He is set to leave the SPL board, deciding not to stand for re-election again, but how this can be interpreted is anyone's guess.

Spiers is a contrarian wee shitebag. If you're just looking for a "good guy" list here then you'll need Jim Spence added.

Surely Craig Burley for pushing any SFL waiverers into the GIRFUY camp. ;)

BTW- did anyone find out the contents of the lunch that was served at the SFL meeting?

What can SPL chairmen expect today?

Depends on who's cooking, if it's an orc expect gruel as yer aw going to the poor hoose, if it's a pb'r it's got to be succulent lamb. and if chef turnball is on expect hemlock and chips.

Until recently I enjoyed P&B as a bit of light-hearted fun. I don't contribute to, or look at, any other forum and I am not on Twitter, Facebook etc.

However during this whole debacle I have gained a greater respect for social media, and in particular the role it has played in the Rangers fiasco.

Looking at some of the posts on here about the MSM reporting today it is easy to see how far ahead of the curve we have been in our discussion, analysis and reporting of events and how poor and far behind the conventional news sources have been.

Correct ...in fact I don't think its hyperbole to claim that without this thread newco might be preparing for spl football. Whatever happens the authorities and chairmen have to accept that now fans have social media to hand they will face greater scrutiny and accountability than ever before.

Spiers is a contrarian wee shitebag. If you're just looking for a "good guy" list here then you'll need Jim Spence added.

I don't disagree regarding Speirs but would say he's decent value. As for forgetting Jim Spence.......shame on me ! sad.gif

Green and McCoist have arrived at Hampden for the meeting...

Why have the CEO and manager of an SFL club come to the SPL AGM :rolleyes:

They have obviously made another cute little Powerpoint presentation in a last-ditch, desperate attempt to reclaim their rightful place in the SPL.

They be telling them how happy they are to take the consequences of their actions and go to div 3, apparently it what most Rangers fans want...might be dropping a few quid in the SPL pot for fuking up so many teams along with their own

Just seen the same thing on SSN. Very strange. Might the SPL chairman somehow manage to elect Sevco instead of Dundee or Dunfermline? I'm guessing it would take eight votes to do that, which surely would be too many?

Putting aside the jokey responses, that's a very good question. It may be that oldco are entitled to attend as they still hold an SPL share but they should be represented by Haudit & Daudit. Maybe Green and McCoist are there representing Sevco catering; need to make money somehow.

There's a letter on the back of today's Scotsman Sport from Supporter Direct Scotland... where have they been the last few weeks btw? silent... saying they're relaunching their Fan Plan of the spring as the Fan First Plan.

Can't remember all the jist of the letter but they said it'd arrest the "disastrous collapse in attendances" of recent times, and they intend to launch a Football Claim of Right.

Also they're starting a Fan First Network for consultation.

When launched back in March the features of the Fan Plan were:

http://www.pieandbov...ost__p__6086922

• greater competition within Scottish league football structures

• equal funding for each team in a league

• support to increase the average attendance

• improved training and professional development for all players

• the establishment and implementation of a strong club licensing scheme

which generally sounds positive and workable; however also

http://www.pieandbov...ost__p__6086117

... forming united league body, the Scottish Premier League for National Football

(divisions are Scottish National Football Premier League and Scottish National Football League 1)

... removal of 10 clubs from the league* with the remaining 32 playing 2 divisions of 16 for 30-game season

(*to a Scottish National Football Qualifying League with Scottish Regional League below)

... 8-section sectional League Cup with section winners progressing to QFs

... abolition of performance-related prizemoney... each Top 16 club gets 3.7% regardless of placing, Bottom 16 club get 2.1%

(6.5% provided as solidary to the10 clubs removed to the Qualifying League)

... attendance at all clubs to grow by 20% within 4 years

... attendance at any club will be at least 65% of capacity on average over a season within 10 years

... average spectator to generate £900 in revenue

which doesn't, tbh, at least much is very optimistic/unworkable or potentially financially unviable.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Correct ...in fact I don't think its hyperbole to claim that without this thread newco might be preparing for spl football. Whatever happens the authorities and chairmen have to accept that now fans have social media to hand they will face greater scrutiny and accountability than ever before.

Exactly. I was thinking along these lines a few days ago. Imagine this whole debacle had happened pre-internet. I genuinely believe 'Rangers' would have came straight back into the SPL. Our voices would have been disparate.

Those at the top need to change and bring themselves into the 21st century. They need to realise fan power and that fans of different clubs can rally behind each other for the greater good of Scottish Football.

It's moments like these you realise how important the internet is.

Putting aside the jokey responses, that's a very good question. It may be that oldco are entitled to attend as they still hold an SPL share but they should be represented by Haudit & Daudit. Maybe Green and McCoist are there representing Sevco catering; need to make money somehow.

They're handing out uniforms for Olympic Car Park Attendants as well today. Maybe they're picking theirs up.

Just seen the same thing on SSN. Very strange. Might the SPL chairman somehow manage to elect Sevco instead of Dundee or Dunfermline? I'm guessing it would take eight votes to do that, which surely would be too many?

That would, I think, get 2 votes maximum. (Old co and probably Killie).

Knicker wetter Gilmour has confirmed there's no chance this will happen, and he wouldn't back it if it was proposed (or so it says on the BBC). Not to mention the small matter of it being ratified by SFL clubs.

They would be as well acknowledging this just wont happen, as it definitely wont.

I don't disagree regarding Speirs but would say he's decent value.

Spiers's schtick is saying the opposite to other journalists. Where the other journalists are dead wrong this results in Spiers looking erudite, but that's a happy accident.