Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think you've been wooshed.

I am really pleased with ICT's statement and glad they have found the new investment.

The WTF was in response to the media and St Mirren's Armageddon shite. In reality as ICT have shown the clubs can thrive.

I see it now, apologies for the rant it's been an off day for me today.

Changed your tune from a few pages ago when you lambasted SFL chairmen for not making Sevco apply with Spartans etc.

I actually think the SFL handled that correctly too (as they have with everything). The fact Res 1 went through has given us a little bit of extra time to get everything sorted out in the SPL, and accepting Res 3 also helps this process along.

SFL clubs and fans should hold their heads up high IMO.

Umm, I suggest you check the size of the population of Holland. Or the population of Scotland. Or possibly both, because you're waaaaay off...

Even if you weren't and even if Scotland did have the same population as Holland (clue: it's nowhere near) picking one example of a nation doing better than Scotland with the same population while ignoring the others that don't would hardly be a good argument.

You are correct, i just checked, Holland has population of 16,316,000 wink.gif

But Denmark (UEFA ranking: 16th ) do have a similar sized population to ours: 5,368,854 - and they do the same as Holland's clubs and International team in regards to qualifying for European Champions League and Europa League Group Stages and World Cup / European Championship Final Group Stages. So i stand by what i said. smile.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Changed your tune from a few pages ago when you lambasted SFL chairmen for not making Sevco apply with Spartans etc.

It's a long thread and I can't be arsed going back through it so I'll explain in this post. Ever since the SFL's vote was announced Claymores and a few others have been on about boycotting the 5 who voted for Sevco to division 1, I think this is totally wrong and have been trying to point out using sarcastic posts that the SFL clubs all sold out to some degree with the exception of one so any boycotting should take place over the 29 clubs who voted for Sevco into the SFL before Spartans and Cove, regardless of which division they accepted Sevco into.

If you read posts between my calls for those boycotts you will see the picture, I am all for a clean slate for every single club, including Sevco, now that they have been sent to division 3, Scottish football needs to band together now.

You are correct, i just checked, Holland has population of 16,316,000 wink.gif

But Denmark do have a similar sized population to ours: 5,368,854 - and they do the same as Holland in regards to qualifying for European Champions League and Europa League Stages and World Cup / European Championship Finals Stages. smile.gif

Yes, but my second point still stands. There are quite a few countries in Europe with a population around the size of ours so why do you pick Denmark rather than, say Bulgaria, Ireland or Georgia? There are some countries that are doing better than us such as Croatia or Denmark (although certainly the latter have nowhere near the record our teams do in European club competition) but equally a few that do noticeably worse (Finland or Molodova). Its always easy in football to point to one club doing miles better with the same attendance and complain that you aren't doing that well when the reality is that they are just an outlier and there are teams even worse than you.

I'm not saying that Scotland could not do as well as Denmark or Croatia in a while because the law of averages suggest that eventually it will happen just as it might well happen that in some future time we're even worse than we are at present. I'm also not saying that the demise of Rangers won't lead to some improvement (it will lead to some, hopefully, just I doubt it will be a huge amount) but simply that the demise of Rangers will not see a return to the big attendances and European/World success you claim. I'd love to be wrong on this though!

So what about the theory that Sevco Rangers will be suspended for a year, and the SPL continues next season with 11 clubs? Then Sevco get invited back into a 14-team SPL?

Doesn't sound that far-fetched to me.

But it will make a mockery of all the meetings, votes and reconstruction ideas that suddenly count for nothing as the SPL connive to be reunited with one of the only two teams that matter to them.

So now ICT seem to have taken a collective Valium along with Aberdeen, Utd and Hearts being fairly straight about no Sevco in SPL hopefully that calms things down a bit. (Though I'm wary of jinxing things)

Are we likely now to see something along the lines of:

- Sevco's D3 application goes through. One of Dunfermline/Dundee goes up. Life goes on as normal.

- Regan & Doncaster get their jotters. (Ogilvie too hopefully)

- League reconstruction discussed over the coming season and put in place for 13/14 season.

Depending on how the reconstruction plays out then Sevco are out of the top league for at least 2 seasons. (Assuming they've not gone out of business by then)

Yes, but my second point still stands. There are quite a few countries in Europe with a population around the size of ours so why do you pick Denmark rather than, say Bulgaria, Ireland or Georgia?!

I set my standards high not low. You must be setting yours low. dry.giftongue.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Why!? Have they cheated every other club in Scotland by "Financially Doping" their club too during the last 25 years - spending money they didn't have (massive bank overdrafts) alongside over a decade of Dual Contracts, Tax Dodging, Not paying transfer fees, Cup ticket money, etc?

..... Or is it simply because Rangers were your Big Team and you hate Celtic? laugh.gif

Couldn't be more wrong if you tried mate, big team used to be Celtic. ;) when I was young, angry, bigoted and stupid.

So what about the theory that Sevco Rangers will be suspended for a year, and the SPL continues next season with 11 clubs? Then Sevco get invited back into a 14-team SPL?

But it will make a mockery of all the meetings, votes and reconstruction ideas that suddenly count for nothing as the SPL connive to be reunited with one of the only two teams that matter to them.

That wouldnt be a great surprise to me.

My reply was to Tynieness who had replied to your post sailor. smile.gif

f**k me!! Time to step back from the keyboard and take a couple of my chill pills I think. :D

How about....

Scottish Professional Football League to form in 2013-14 with applications invited to it's full time divisions, based on merit, sporting integrity, financial clout, blah blah. Clubs not making up the 2 Professional divisions will be invited to form a pair of associated part-time divisions. A 42 club solution.

Sevco FC to play 2012-13 in SFL3 then be invited into the 2nd tier 'SPFL2' at worse.

_50665168_3996085.jpg

Stewart_regan_1687146c.jpg

George_Peppard_Hannibal.jpg

Edited by Jim Leighton

How will they survive for a year while suspended and who will play for them on their return?

How will they survive for a year while suspended and who will play for them on their return?

They should have considered that instead of spending all their time thinking up new ways to "cheat" everyone. Let them worry about it. laugh.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme