Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A really good and positive statement from Caley. What the f**k was that pish they came out with on Friday?

I don't know but as I said on this thread or the ICT boycott thread, ICT and St Mirren's statements gave the clubs' fans time to respond to our concerns, we responded, ICT listened. Everyone really needs to calm down on their bloodlust, Sevco are where they should be, we don't need to destroy anymore clubs because of this.

:D I was but haven't seen them since they aired (1983????) and I couldn't tell you a single quote (though I assume I just did :unsure: )

Can't link from iPad but YouTube, part 2/2, 7mins 50 secs, amongst others.

What's the betting Craig Whyte is being controlled by Uncle Quentin? Rah-ther!

"We look forward to the new season on the back of renewed commitment over the weekend from our major shareholders and sponsors, for which we are very grateful"

Somebody gave them money.

So they've got round the table with their sponsors and shareholders to generate the money that will not only see them survive without Newco but able to share this money with others.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We look forward to the new season on the back of renewed commitment over the weekend from our major shareholders and sponsors, for which we are very grateful"

Somebody gave them money.

If so great and I hope that every other club in the country has backers who will do the same for them. Scottish football has put it's neck on the block to uphold justice and integrity, that deserves rewarded.

Scottish football has needed to change for over a decade now. Our national league is run in the west of Scotland for the West of Scotland. The SPL was created to line the pockets of the Old Firm and leave everybody else in relative poverty. Look at our game, compare it to the rest of Europe, it is without doubt the least competitive and worst league in the whole of Europe. Change must happen and it will. With Rangers gone, Celtic have lost their 11-1 majority on any major changes to the structure of our game. We must reintroduce fair financial benefits across the board, scrap the SPL and bring back the division 1 as our top league and in the process make it a 16-18 top tier league. Seriously guys? why do we have a split in our 12 team league? Yes, so we can have 4 Old Firm games. That is the be all and all of our league. The Old Firm. When are people going to wake up and realise we must introduce fairness and competitiveness into our league. It's only that way, that Scottish football will improve. Competitiveness is everything in sport.

It's not run for the West of Scotland it's run for two clubs to the detriment of every other senior club in the West of Scotland. Also it suits the other clubs in the SPL just as much as the OF so the likes of St Mirren and the likes can get their wee slice of the pie and kid on they are part of an elite bunch.

Edited by Rasta Ton

I would absolutely love to think that this was the case but, unfortunately, I don't think it is. I think there are any number of more logical reasons for the decline of Scottish football since the mid-80s than the increasing strength of Rangers and the Old Firm. Other leagues have caught up with us in terms of finance, having quality training and coaching and youth systems, there's (arguably) the impact of Bosman and the huge rise in popularity of English football up here hitting attendance plus the increased cost of going to your local match.

Realistically, these days why on earth would you expect any country the size of Scotland to regularly have clubs doing well in Europe?

Don't get me wrong - I'd be absolutely furious if Newco are given any further preferential treatment (they should have been forced to reapply for Div 3) and I think it provides the opportunity for us to reshape Scottish football, but, even if things are reshaped the days of the mid-80s in terms of attendance and success in Europe are not coming back and, while the quality of our football would hopefully improve a bit to expect it to "improve greatly" is definitely overstating things.

Today, qualifying to play in the European Champions League and Europa Cup League should be the number one priority of Scottish clubs who finish in the positions (in domestic football) that merit them that opportunity. So long as there is a level playing field in Scotland (no cheating permitted), I see no reason at all, why Scottish clubs should not be able to do so - So long as they develop the youths rather than sign foreign duds which takes money out of the Scottish game. Holland has a population of similar size to Scotland. Dutch clubs rarely fail to qualify to play in those European competitions and Holland rarely fail to qualify for World Cup and European Championship Final Stages - based upon that fact, i see no reason why Scotland should not be able to do it.

It's not run for the West of Scotland it's run for two clubs to the detriment of every other senior club in the West of Scotland.

That's a fair point. We claim Scottish footballing authorities and the Scottish sport media of being Glasgowcentric, being OFcentric is probably more accurate.

He quotes the Vatican Bank scandal :lol: What are the orcs going to make of that?

Not as much as it being addressed to ''Mr John Paul Clark'' :D

Today, qualifying to play in the European Champions League and Europa Cup League should be the number one priority of Scottish clubs who finish in the positions (in domestic football) that merit them that opportunity. So long as there is a level playing field in Scotland (no cheating permitted), I see no reason at all, why Scottish clubs should not be able to do so - So long as they develop the youths rather than sign foreign duds which takes money out of the Scottish game. Holland has a population of similar size to Scotland. Dutch clubs rarely fail to qualify to play in those European competitions and Holland rarely fail to qualify for World Cup and European Championship Final Stages - based upon that fact, i see no reason why Scotland should not be able to do it.

Umm, I suggest you check the size of the population of Holland. Or the population of Scotland. Or possibly both, because you're waaaaay off...

Even if you weren't and even if Scotland did have the same population as Holland (clue: it's nowhere near) picking one example of a nation doing better than Scotland with the same population while ignoring the others that don't would hardly be a good argument.

So they've got round the table with their sponsors and shareholders to generate the money that will not only see them survive without Newco but able to share this money with others.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to disappoint you but we are not going bust, yet, it did not escape me that those shouting loudest for ICT to be boycotted etc were Partick supporters (understandable due to us taking their place in the SPL dubiously) Elgin fans (still think they have a rivalry with us) and posters known to be twats. This is not the time for personal vendettas, don't get me wrong lots of clubs will suffer and I know ICT will still struggle despite this backing and so will the rest of the Scottish game but as fans we must show that we will do our best to save football not just egg on the death of more clubs, well maybe one green and white hoopy one.

Edited by stonedsailor

I don't know but as I said on this thread or the ICT boycott thread, ICT and St Mirren's statements gave the clubs' fans time to respond to our concerns, we responded, ICT listened. Everyone really needs to calm down on their bloodlust, Sevco are where they should be, we don't need to destroy anymore clubs because of this.

I can think of one in the east end of Glasgow

Why!? Have they cheated every other club in Scotland by "Financially Doping" their club too during the last 25 years - spending money they didn't have (massive bank overdrafts) alongside over a decade of Dual Contracts, Tax Dodging, Not paying transfer fees, Cup ticket money, etc?

..... Or is it simply because Rangers were your Big Team and you hate Celtic? laugh.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

:D I was but haven't seen them since they aired (1983????) and I couldn't tell you a single quote (though I assume I just did :unsure: )

Timmy's wagging tail is seen sticking out of the girls' tent.

GEORGE (groans): Oh Timmy. You're so licky!

ANNE: You shouldn't let him do that George. It's not hygienic.

GEORGE: We like it, don't we, Timmy?

TIMMY: Woof!

laugh.gif

Edited by welshbairn

Sorry to disappoint you but we are not going bust, yet, it did not escape me that those shouting loudest for ICT to be boycotted etc were Partick supporters (understandable due to us taking their place in the SPL dubiously) Elgin fans (still think they have a rivalry with us) and posters known to be twats. This is not the time for personal vendettas, don't get me wrong lots of clubs will suffer and I know ICT will still struggle despite this backing and so will the rest of the Scottish game but as fans we must show that we will do our best to save football not just egg on the death of more clubs, well maybe one green and white hoopy one.

I think you've been wooshed.

I am really pleased with ICT's statement and glad they have found the new investment.

The WTF was in response to the media and St Mirren's Armageddon shite. In reality as ICT have shown the clubs can thrive.

Changed your tune from a few pages ago when you lambasted SFL chairmen for not making Sevco apply with Spartans etc.

I think you've been wooshed.

I am really pleased with ICT's statement and glad they have found the new investment.

The WTF was in response to the media and St Mirren's Armageddon shite. In reality as ICT have shown the clubs can thrive.

ICT's statement was relatively good insofar as it suggests that they will not be in favour of changing things so Newco go in the SPL but that's merely reading between the lines. As far as facts go, they voted for Rangers out the SPL but only while (as we know now) there were plans to parachute them into the SFL. Then they released a quisling statement and now they've got money they've released a relatively non-committal statement which talks about "league reorganisation" (no further details given apart from wanting an expanded top league and they've been part of an SPL recently doing their damndest to talk a good game about reconstruction while actually offering as little as possible) and listening to the fans (no club claims otherwise and, judging by their previous statement, they don't do such a good job of this). I too am glad for new investment, but let's not get carried away over a relativel

Edited to add: y ambiguous statement.

Edited by Brewing up a storm