Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

5) Much more - this story has a long way to go before it ends

If any of it involves my club, someone gie's a shout - I'll be in the pub with my head in my hands.

The thing is,

http://m.accountingweb.co.uk/article/how-will-rangers-fc-survive-liquidation/528453

Without Rangers, other clubs may enjoy bigger attendances and the last time Rangers were in ‘crisis’, Scottish football thrived. Aberdeen and Dundee United regularly shared the spoils with Celtic during the early and mid-1980s.

St Mirren won the Scottish Cup back then and their support was definitely not less than it is today. dry.gif

Hearts came very close to winning the league back then too, on one occasion they bottled it on the final day of the season. Had they won they would have won league.

Aberdeen won European Cup Winners Cup and Super Cup, Dundee Utd played in UEFA Cup Final, Scottish clubs regularly reached Quarter Finals of European competitions, Scotland qualified for the World Cup Finals.

Without the cheating Rangers, Scottish Football will flourish. It will take time, but after a few years of giving Scottish youths the opportunity to develop their game, Scottish football will improve greatly.

Rumour that Regan has resigned.

Thats been doing the rounds all day on Twitter and various boards. Bless her but even the Forces (of evil) Sweetheart, Bogtrotters, had a thread locked on it earlier until such time its confirmed.

Many thanks to whoever came up with this photo.:)

post-35183-0-09705300-1342340453_thumb.j

Edit. By the way, I did the Photoshopping.

Thank you Kyle for being the only one of more than 30 who have downloaded this photo who has given it a greenie. I owe you one.

Photo now on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Bill90039/status/224558817814384640/photo/1

Are you a fan of The Comic Strip by any chance? Five go mad in Dorset?

:D I was but haven't seen them since they aired (1983????) and I couldn't tell you a single quote (though I assume I just did :unsure: )

Surely there would be no complaints or any room for legal challenges if promotion was settled via a 2 legged play off.

I'd personally prefer to see a single game play-off at Hampden, winner takes all!!

Inverness Caledonian Thistle will add their voice to those calling for the reorganisation of Scottish football.

Club chairman Kenny Cameron said:"We held a highly constructive board meeting today (Sunday) to discuss the current situation.

"We are one of the few clubs with no bank debt whatsoever, so our position is very far from immediately threatening, as has been alleged.

"We look forward to the new season on the back of renewed commitment over the weekend from our major shareholders and sponsors, for which we are very grateful. They fully appreciate that in May we, like other clubs, set our budget for 2012-13 and now there will be real change to the commercial curve because of events outwith our control.

"It is important that our supporters keep making their contribution via season ticket sales. We took their views on board and continue to hold the position that not allowing 'newco' Rangers into the SPL is the correct decision."

He added:"At national level, we are optimistic that the SPL's sponsors will take due cognisance of the situation in which the SPL finds itself and will stand behind the league.

"Our club has for some time been in favour of an expanded SPL and it is clear now that the reorganisation of Scottish football has to be at the top of the agenda.

"We will be supporting such reorganisation over the coming weeks and months."

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/548-press-release-from-ict

The thing is,

St Mirren won the Scottish Cup back then and their support was definitely not less than it is today. dry.gif

Hearts came very close to winning the league back then too, on one occasion they bottled it on the final day of the season. Had they won they would have won league.

Aberdeen won European Cup Winners Cup and Super Cup, Dundee Utd played in UEFA Cup Final, Scottish clubs regularly reached Quarter Finals of European competitions, Scotland qualified for the World Cup Finals.

Without the cheating Rangers, Scottish Football will flourish. It will take time, but after a few years of giving Scottish youths the opportunity to develop their game, Scottish football will improve greatly.

I would absolutely love to think that this was the case but, unfortunately, I don't think it is. I think there are any number of more logical reasons for the decline of Scottish football since the mid-80s than the increasing strength of Rangers and the Old Firm. Other leagues have caught up with us in terms of finance, having quality training and coaching and youth systems, there's (arguably) the impact of Bosman and the huge rise in popularity of English football up here hitting attendance plus the increased cost of going to your local match. Realistically, these days why on earth would you expect any country the size of Scotland to regularly have clubs doing well in Europe?

Don't get me wrong - I'd be absolutely furious if Newco are given any further preferential treatment (they should have been forced to reapply for Div 3) and I think it provides the opportunity for us to reshape Scottish football, but, even if things are reshaped the days of the mid-80s in terms of attendance and success in Europe are not coming back and, while the quality of our football would hopefully improve a bit to expect it to "improve greatly" is definitely overstating things.

Rumour that Regan has resigned.

Never like to hear about anyone losing their job, but that would definitely be for the best. He's going to get a vote of no confidence in the not too distance future, his handling of this whole affair has been shambolic and at least this way he might be able to at least some credibility. Might being the important word...

The cynic in me says the leak was on purpose, to allow Sevco entry into the SPL as the decision for Dundee or Dunfermline is now tainted both ways.

You know what though, I doubt that is the case - that's just ridiculous. I think we've just got a band of merry idiots running our game.

Logic says Dundee in Premier with derbies against DU and SJ while Pars in D1 against Raith and Cowden. Why argue against that?

Why should the SFL fans feel proud of their clubs selling out and allowing admittance to a brand new club over established clubs, just because they have a big stadium and promise to bring more knuckle dragging fans to matches?

After the action of your own club, you are questioning others? The board of ICT clearly thought that they were seeing Newco in a years time, otherwise they would have already discussed whatever they were discussing this weekend!!! When you have a club that was not complicit, then lecture others.

Never like to hear about anyone losing their job, but that would definitely be for the best. He's going to get a vote of no confidence in the not too distance future, his handling of this whole affair has been shambolic and at least this way he might be able to at least some credibility. Might being the important word...

The greenie as promised. :)

A really good and positive statement from Caley. What the f**k was that pish they came out with on Friday?

"We look forward to the new season on the back of renewed commitment over the weekend from our major shareholders and sponsors, for which we are very grateful"

Somebody gave them money.

Logic says Dundee in Premier with derbies against DU and SJ while Pars in D1 against Raith and Cowden. Why argue against that?

I think the Pars board would have something to say about that. There's also the niggling doubts about a vote taking place at all, which would be ridiculous. Hopefully the SPL wont have well and truly chucked the toys out the pram with the SFL decision...