Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm heading off to Menorca tomorrow so will miss the fallout from the SPL meeting clusterfuck.

Part of me is glad that I won't be around, as I've just about had my fill of this debacle, not least following our illustrious leader's recent fuckwittery in the press <_<

I will, however, miss the fun on this thread. I'm assuming it'll be fun, right...?

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from the next few days - well, apart from cold beer, red wine, wall-to-wall sunshine, and some peace to read a few good books 8) . That aside, I will be returning a week tomorrow, fully expecting Doncaster and Regan to have walked or, preferably, been bagged. As for the situation with the SPL, I would anticipate a final, desperate throw of the loaded dice. This will be one of those funny if it wasn't so cringeworthy moments, then everyone will settle down to the reality that newco will, if they are lucky, be featuring in SFL3, and should count themselves very damn fortunate if they are.

Edited by Drooper

This would be against their own rules and, surely, 1998 Agreement requiring SPL expands to 12 from 2000 on.

One also struggles to see what it achieves bar losing gate income + leaving Newco in limbo.

This would also annul Newco's entry into D3 as there would be no place available for them.

Imagine a Club run by John "Bomber" Brown along with characters like Leggo & Mark Dingwall ! laugh.gif

Christ.......they couldn't get into Mensa if you added their IQ's together !!! tongue.gif

However they'd be great at pointing out potential tarriers, and in reality that is all Rangers fans care about.

Picture the scene:

Its mid November and Sevco FC are struggling financially and languishing near the foot of SFL Division 3 table. After a disappointing 2-0 away defeat to Clyde at Broadwood, John Brown bring yet more shame to the beleaguered Club by engaging in a punch up with Charles Green in the Broadwood Players Lounge.

Here's hoping, eh ? biggrin.gif

I take it Clyde's webmaster would ask "Is it alright if I stick that on our f******g website Bomber?" :lol::lol::lol:

However they'd be great at pointing out potential tarriers, and in reality that is all Rangers fans care about.

Surely given the shear amount of opposition to Sevco FC gaining entry into the SPL or SFL Division 1 we are ALL Tarriers ?tongue.gif

And I think it was Granny Danger who posted somewhere in this thread that Green's got a history of slowing selling the assets of a company off until it's completely gone, and that he's also in cahoots with a Dubai property developer. Could be interesting if true...

Green will do well to sell anything off, right now he'll be lucky to own 10% of the club, remember he is simply fronting a consortium, and a consortium that have, it seems, spent over 10million quid on Rangers and will spend another couple of million this coming payday in july

haha, liquidated,, yous can talk,, at least we got to div 3 ,, yous are getting flushed,, babye now

The plural of 'you' is still 'you'. I can understand your mistake though since John Brown is your spokesman. Incidentally when you arrive in Division 3 don't expect a soft landing. 108 points from 36 games? Don't think so!

Unlike some I don't think Sevco will go bust assuming, and it's a big assumption, that Charles Green is not out to asset strip them. Otherwise I think they're likely to get 15,000 - 20,000 at each home game and that will be enough to see them through division 3.

Of course there is going to have to be some reconciliation between Green and the fans, though people may opt to pay per game rather than advance him ST money.

One of the things he bought was the 'history'. If he does decide to asset strip I can just imagine him selling this to Bomber "No I won't sell you Ibrox, or Murray Park, or the players' contracts, but here Bomber what about 140 years of history for £100k. You can put 5 stars on your pyjamas.".

Is Eye still offering its analysis of the Rangers fiasco? I've missed a couple of issues.

If you mean Private Eye, then "Slicker" has not reported on the omnishambles in the last couple of issues - probably because the dtory is moving so fast that the Eye's deadlines may allow a story to appear well out of date before publication. I feel confident he'll come back to it in due course...

Green will do well to sell anything off, right now he'll be lucky to own 10% of the club, remember he is simply fronting a consortium, and a consortium that have, it seems, spent over 10million quid on Rangers and will spend another couple of million this coming payday in july

And with Green looking shadier by the day, asset stripping ahead......

The mystery of the SS investors continues.

It now appears the Chris Morgan mentioned is the guy who took the place of Charles Green as Chairman of Nova Resources (previously Tembusu Investments).

Owner of that firm is Rafat Rizvi, the guy convicted of a massive bank fraud in Indonesia.

Morgan, an ex-Met cop, also has several connections to the Abela Group, who are based in Lebanon and Monaco .

Three other names on the list released by Green also have links to Lebanon and the Abela family: Mazen Houssami, Elias Kaisar and Jean Haddad.

The Abelas made a lot of money out of airline catering.

The family also made a bit of commission in the 1980s from shipping cigarettes for Brown & Wilkinson and BAT into Lebanon and, allegedly, Iran, Iraq and Syria. This was via a Cyprus-based firm called Peregrini.

This was in the midst of a civil war. Quite a dangerous game at that time.

Why they want to be involved with Rangers is anyone's guess

Unlike some I don't think Sevco will go bust assuming, and it's a big assumption, that Charles Green is not out to asset strip them. Otherwise I think they're likely to get 15,000 - 20,000 at each home game and that will be enough to see them through division 3.

Of course there is going to have to be some reconciliation between Green and the fans, though people may opt to pay per game rather than advance him ST money.

One of the things he bought was the 'history'. If he does decide to asset strip I can just imagine him selling this to Bomber "No I won't sell you Ibrox, or Murray Park, or the players' contracts, but here Bomber what about 140 years of history for £100k. You can put 5 stars on your pyjamas.".

Even if 15,000 a game, that would only cover costs at most I reckon, plus I think 5,000 tops would be closer. They wouldn't waltz through the divisions either, that is why SPL2 is mooted.

They agonna die :)

To go along with the 5 stains on his pyjamas.

If Green runs Sevco FC as well as Whyte ran the soon-to-be dead RFC he deserves a medal! wink.gif

hahahaha.jpg

dr2-300x225.jpg

riprfc.jpg

Edited by Itwiznaeme