Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have a mate who argues that McCann transferred Celtic to a NewCo in 1994. Can anyone shed light on this? It's a point, pretty much the only one which I have to concede as I know nothing about it.

I've heard loads of Rangers fans claim this. Usually they think that a private company changing to a PLC means it's a new company whereas really it's just a change in corporate structure.

It's easily debunked by a quick shoofty on the Companies House website.

Clicky

Date of Incorporation: 12/04/1897

Previous Names: THE CELTIC FOOTBALL AND ATHLETIC COMPANY LIMITED (changed on 15/12/1994)

OK, let's take Alex T at his word. Monday comes, and the usual supects overrule today's democratic decision. What happens - punter reaction, general public (non-footie), sponsors etc, ? Given the current banking rotten-to-the-core image, is this now likely to happen? Thoughts please ..

Social Unrest.

What I find one of the most laughable things about this is the Thistle fans were probably the most vociferous of all the 30 SFL clubs about a no vote, yet it seems the club has voted yes.

I have a mate who argues that McCann transferred Celtic to a NewCo in 1994. Can anyone shed light on this? It's a point, pretty much the only one which I have to concede as I know nothing about it.

Also:

I'm gutted my big team have went out of business so I'm trying to claim our rivals did it first

So, now that hurdle is out of the way, can Sevco realistically survive in Division 3?

Can someone please post what their current squad is like, as of today as well as a likely wage bill they will have, not just for the playing staff, but their coaches and office workers as well. A nice wee comparison with one of the other Division 3 clubs would be interesting as well, if someone has those kind of figures available.

Cant help you with the wage bills etc,but here's their current squad.

Newco wiki page

Here is some journalistic drivel for your amusement. Why are some of these guys still in denial? The stage is already set for 2012/13.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9399104/Rangers-in-crisis-Scottish-Football-Leagues-clubs-deserve-credit-but-SFA-and-SPL-may-deliver-twist.html

Companies change from being a Limited Company to being a PLC all the time. It is a common way of raising more investment via share capital, as well as the perceived prestige that being a PLC brings. That is an entirely different situation to a company going bust and reforming as an entirely new entity.

So who were the 5 yeses today then? Sorry, I've missed about 40 pages I think and there's no prospect I'll be able to catch up?

I see Albion Rovers, Brechin, Dumbarton and Stenny voted no to res 2. Accies and Queens have come forward and said they voted yes. Who does that leave 'undeclared'? Montrose, Forfar, Shire, Queen's Park, Thistle... Likely to be 3 from those?

Isn't the motto of Queen's Park for the love of the game or something alone those lines? A vote for Newco would go totally against their amateur principles. It has to be 3 of those 4.

I've heard loads of Rangers fans claim this. Usually they think that a private company changing to a PLC means it's a new company whereas really it's just a change in corporate structure.

It's easily debunked by a quick shoofty on the Companies House website.

Clicky

Date of Incorporation: 12/04/1897

Previous Names: THE CELTIC FOOTBALL AND ATHLETIC COMPANY LIMITED (changed on 15/12/1994)

What I find one of the most laughable things about this is the Thistle fans were probably the most vociferous of all the 30 SFL clubs about a no vote, yet it seems the club has voted yes.

I'm gutted as well, as Thistle are my local team

I thought about a boycott next season, but now I am just so happy justice has been done I will be there as originally planned

shame on your board though if they voted yes

Cheers for that, very helpful thanks mate.

So yes going forward many a team would have relegation clauses on players contracts. Would they first of all be just in this situation where relegation hadn't occurred and were rangers ever likely to include these?

Been out the country for a fortnight and have taken hours catching up. Watched Raiths chairman on TV tonight and have to ask the question. Why can't every club have an articulate man in charge like him? He spoke with passion and integrity, unlike most SPL Quislings! The end game is being played out at last, with The Rangers(no history, no trophies etc) in Division 3 where they should be. Why has it taken 6 months to reach the inevitable conclusion that 90% on here agreed should be the rightful result? Fan power looks like it has won the day.

As an aside, I noticed on SSN tonight that 2 of the reasons they couldn't accept this were 1: The grounds are too small in Div3 and 2: The press boxes are also too small! Unbelievable :blink:

is that why SKY were straight in to bid for the peterhead v celtic and arbroath v oldco scottish cup games last season.. surely we could,nt get live tv for SFL3............... could we :whistle

Rovers voted No despite wobbling badly earlier in the week.

I honestly think their statement was always ambiguous and, if anything, leaning towards a no to res 2. The board did say they would normally vote no, but there was extenuating circumstances with the Airdrie derbies to think about. It was a bit of a spineless statement I think, but I never thought for a second it was a definite yes from Rovers.

Club Statement

Friday, 13 July 2012 17:44

There will be few within the footballing family who have not heard the news that at a meeting of all thirty Scottish Football League Club today at Hampden Park, Rangers Football Club were admitted to the Scottish Football League as Associate Members. Furthermore it was decided by a vast majority of the clubs that the Ibrox side would begin life within the league structure in the third tier.

The Forfar Athletic Directors like many in the game have found recent weeks to be trying and testing. It was our duty to look at the all the options and to decide as we have always said to look at what was best for the club and the game itself going forward.

These discussions in fact continued with our representative at the meeting by phone even this morning as more information came to hand and in the end we feel that the correct decisions were made after three hours of further talks at Hampden Park prior to the vote taking place.

Sadly the SFA and the SPL might not be willing to accept these decisions, but we will only find this out in the next few days.

As a club we hope that all matters can be fully resolved and that the competitive season can commence for the 'Loons' on July 28th with either Dunfermline Athletic or Rangers visiting Station Park and gracing our superb looking new playing surface in the Ramsdens Cup.

Throughout the past couple of weeks the Directors at Station Park have not rushed as others have done to make rash statements in the press or on social media sites. The Directors really do appreciate the fact that our supporters seem to have understood this course of action and remained with us throughout this trying period.

Hopefully and we all keep our fingers crossed we can now all move on to a period which we all realise will not be an easy time, but nevertheless a time where the 'talking' will be done on the park and not in print.

Finally the Directors of Forfar Athletic would in particular like to thank David Longmuir the Chief Executive of the Scottish Football League for his tireless efforts on behalf of his clubs over the past few weeks and also bid a warm welcome to Rangers FC into the SFL.

Well from the statement Forfar have written they are not giving much away,they say they agree with the decision made.Is that the decision of why they voted yes,or that the vote to send them to SFL3 was correct?