Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Being reported on SSN that we will be playing 'Them' in the Ramsdens Cup - that can't be right, surely? Wouldn't they take Dundee/Dunfermlines place in that?

Dundee are due to play Brechin in The Ramsdens and the cup's regionalised so they've got a bit of fannying about to do.

Sitting in the Internet Cafe in my Hotel in Salou, it is 26 degrees and the sky is bright blue, already had a few beers, and the news means that I will certainly have a good few more.

Can life get any better......

Oh yes, my team has just won promotion

The Airdrie Playoff Curse Remains a potent force.

GIRUY Teddy Bears, that is all.

Giving the Super Sons another chance at staying in Div 1. Thanks, Airdrie. We thought we'd be straight back down. You have given us some hope!

Absolutely disgusted by this.

This was a one off opportunity to get rid of Rangers - and thereby get rid of the Old Firm and sectarianism in Scotland - for ever.

Rangers should not have been voted into the SFL.

I won´t be back at another Scottish senior game. The game in Scotland can continue in its sectarian cesspit. Rangers will be back in 3 years time, nastier than ever.

Can you promise not to post on here either.......that would have a greater impact........i.e PLEASING

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/06/sports/soccer/06iht-soccer06.html?pagewanted=all

Think the New York Times has had a bit too much succulent lamb. And why the f**k is it being reported from London.

I read this ages ago and forgot to post it then but there hasn't been much reaction as of yet from this side of the pond so this is what we are going on. It'll be a big discussion on ESPN tonight.

No it, uh, won't actually.

Clyde report now online

The club chairman attended a very sobering meeting of the SFL today where the 30 clubs voted on resolutions in the manner that they felt were, on balance, for the good of the game. Nobody had arrived at decisions easily and all had been placed in intolerable positions of having to decide without the basic information that would reflect good governance and having to speculate about unresolved matters around sanctions and membership of the SFA that other bodies had so far failed to deal with.

The outcome was never going to be a good one, but it was one of significant unity amongst the clubs, and even where clubs voted differently, it was not a divisive difference of views, everyone understood the complex mix of circumstances facing each club would never deliver unanimity of voting.

We reported this morning prior to the vote of all clubs that “Sevco Scotland Ltd will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season”. Nothing heard today altered that opinion, in fact, it strengthened it.

For the good of the game we need to see the SFA accept the will of its members, who all voted today, as members of the SFL, in the clear knowledge that the SFA had it in its power to refuse to transfer SFA membership to Sevco Scotland Ltd should the vote support the entry of Sevco Scotland Ltd into SFL 3.

We were asked to respect the confidentiality of those presenting today as only that agreement would allow them to be as candid as they were, we cannot therefore share what was said, however Mr Green left the SFL member clubs in no doubt about what he had been told by the SFA.

The SFL saw a level of unity and unselfishness that owes significant credit to the first division clubs who stated their intention to seek a 42 club solution and not to take part in a divisive alternative. This kind of unity if maintained will help deliver the change that the game so badly needs and the first division clubs in particular will merit.

If the SFA now act to support any process to undermine the clear views of the SFL members, who are also members of the SFA, then this club will join others in questioning those in leadership.

Sadly for our game, this saga is not over, teams cannot plan and that includes Rangers, who may yet be denied the opportunity to play football in SFL 3 because it suits the interests of others.

They don't seem convinced.....

Clyde's much anticipated post-vote statement is now up folks.

The club chairman attended a very sobering meeting of the SFL today where the 30 clubs voted on resolutions in the manner that they felt were, on balance, for the good of the game. Nobody had arrived at decisions easily and all had been placed in intolerable positions of having to decide without the basic information that would reflect good governance and having to speculate about unresolved matters around sanctions and membership of the SFA that other bodies had so far failed to deal with.

The outcome was never going to be a good one, but it was one of significant unity amongst the clubs, and even where clubs voted differently, it was not a divisive difference of views, everyone understood the complex mix of circumstances facing each club would never deliver unanimity of voting.

We reported this morning prior to the vote of all clubs that “Sevco Scotland Ltd will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season”. Nothing heard today altered that opinion, in fact, it strengthened it.

For the good of the game we need to see the SFA accept the will of its members, who all voted today, as members of the SFL, in the clear knowledge that the SFA had it in its power to refuse to transfer SFA membership to Sevco Scotland Ltd should the vote support the entry of Sevco Scotland Ltd into SFL 3.

We were asked to respect the confidentiality of those presenting today as only that agreement would allow them to be as candid as they were, we cannot therefore share what was said, however Mr Green left the SFL member clubs in no doubt about what he had been told by the SFA.

The SFL saw a level of unity and unselfishness that owes significant credit to the first division clubs who stated their intention to seek a 42 club solution and not to take part in a divisive alternative. This kind of unity if maintained will help deliver the change that the game so badly needs and the first division clubs in particular will merit.

If the SFA now act to support any process to undermine the clear views of the SFL members, who are also members of the SFA, then this club will join others in questioning those in leadership.

Sadly for our game, this saga is not over, teams cannot plan and that includes Rangers, who may yet be denied the opportunity to play football in SFL 3 because it suits the interests of others.

Edited by Shawfield Stallion

Been at work (twitter and P&B mainly TBH) for the the last 12 hours. Anyone fancy giving me a brief precis of this afternoons events?

Only joking, I did f**k all today apart form refresh twitter on me b-berry.

Scottish teams, your chairmen, your boards and your fans. Well done. Barring a few ingratiate traitorous b*****d scum (who we can all witch hunt to our hearts content at a later date) we have done well and earned ourselves an historic victory. You all deserve champagne scooshing, back slapping celebratory hooting praise and a well deserved dawning of a new age in Scottish football. I know it's blue sky thinking but i really feel we've turned a corner here. The cheats have been told fairly and squarely there is no special treatment because you are the peeple :barf. You can't just stamp your feet and hold your breath until we acquiesce to your illegitimate demands. We shall not go quietly into the night. As I said before, you cheated, you lied, you stole. Now take your fucking medicine.

Mon the diddies, no to newco, FTOF, Aberdeen are and remain the only Scottish Football team ever to win 2 European trophies, I may have gone to the pub after work but I only had 1 gin and bitter lemon. Honest.

I've not read all the 50 pages that have appeared since I was last on here 8 hours ago (although I am trying) so apologies if any of this is going over old ground. But today ladies and gentleman was a good day and I for one am a happy little sheep-shagger this evening.

Edit: for a frankly alarming number of typos.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

I haven't posted in a while but I have done my utmost to keep up with this 3000mph thread through working hours - not an easy task!

Felt it was time to add to the debate on such a momentous day though.

My last post many thousands of pages ago mentioned the dinosaur that is Glasgow (no offence to those forward thinking Glaswegians!), however I believe my post to still be valid. The reason we have so much trouble in creating valid change in Scottish football in this country is that Stewie Regan for example was involved in creating sponsorship deals involving the OF prior to getting the SFA job and so many SFA "staff" have OF interests. No need for Sherlock in this instance, however this has always been the case throughout SFA history. The halls of the SFA are riddled with Rangers apologists/simpathizers to the extent that the situation has been normalized and even accepted without claim. For this country to progress as a footballing nation of any reputation, we must bin Glasgow as a shop window and consign it to the museum that it deserves. I know I will get pelters for this considering Glasgow is our biggest city, but throughout this "crisis" which section of society has been the biggest prophets/profits of the apparent "doom"/"armaggedon" heading our way?? The Scottish Sun, The Daily Record, Chic Young, Jim Traynor, Hugh "I never realized blowing my nose would rid me of my irritating as f*ck voice" Keeevins, etc - Dinosaurs the lot of them. Rangers, Celtic, and their fans - living in a huge big embarrassing time warp.

What would you all rather do? Put ink to a brand new fresh and exciting page? Or add more ink and mess to an already blotted, dirty paper?

History is already written, the future is in the hand of the boldest pen............

There is nothing cleaner than a page unwritten - let's show the OF goldfish bowl that there is life beyond their narrow existence - eyes wide open rather than minds half shut.

'mon the diddies. vive la revolution!

It's called a palimpsest. Second bottle of Black Stump is going down well.................................... 8)

Latest from Brechin:

To keep all our supporters in the picture we have decided to release the following brief statement : -

Following a detailed and informative meeting of all 30 SFL clubs at Hampden today, we voted as follows ;

On Resolution 1 which allowed Rangers to join the SFL we voted Yes.

On Resolution 2 which would have allowed Rangers to be parachuted into Division 1 we voted No.

As we agreed with our members at our AGM on Wednesday, we decided that we would only agree to Rangers joining Division 1 if we were completely satisfied that the reconstruction and merging of the leagues as well as the other conditions outlined in the heads of terms could be guaranteed. As such an undertaking could not be given, we felt unable to support Resolution 2.

As with all other SFL clubs, we now await with interest and a certain amount of trepidation, the repercussions of today's decision.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Clyde report now online

We reported this morning prior to the vote of all clubs that "Sevco Scotland Ltd will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season". Nothing heard today altered that opinion, in fact, it strengthened it.

They don't seem convinced.....

Thinly veiled attack and proof, if any more were needed, that Regan and Cockwomble must go!

Clyde's statements have been poetic prose.

They've been very pleasing, and this one's no less scathing. Basically, the thundercunts at the SFA and SPL will now try and shoe-horn in an SPL2 before the start of the season and invite Rangers to join.

Encouragingly, the 10 member clubs in the First Division seem to have pledged not to f**k over the rest of us by accepting the proposals.

Looks like there's still plenty to emerge from this shambles

Clyde's summary of today's meeting:

These parts of the Clyde statement fill me with dread. As someone mentioned earlier it is like a bad horror movie where the monster keeps coming back to life.

Can the SFA not see. The numerous votes have been counted and the results are in. It is over.

Let's get on and start looking forward to the new season instead of talking about this pish non stop. It is becoming tedious now.

Been at work (twitter and P&B mainly TBH) for the the last 12 hours. Anyone fancy giving me a brief precis of this afternoons events?

Only joking, I did f**k all today apart form refresh twitter on me b-berry.

Scottish teams, your chairmen, your boards and your fans. Well done. Barring a few ingratiate traitorous b*****d scum (who we can all witch hunt to our hearts content at a later date) we have done well and earned ourselves a historic victory. You all deserve champagne scooshing, back slapping celebratory hooting praise and a well deserved dawning of a new age in Scottish football. I know it's blue sky thinking but i really feel we've turned a corner here. The cheats have been told fairly and squarely there is no special treatment because you are the peeple :barf. You can't just stamp your feet and hold your breath until we acquiesce to your illegitimate demands. We shall not go quietly into the night. As I said before, you cheated, you lied, you stole. Now take your fucking medicine.

Mon the diddies, no to newco, FTOF, Aberdeen are and remain the only Scottich Football team ever to win 2 European trophies, I may have gone to the pub after work but I only had 1 gin and bitter lemon. Honest.

I've not read all the 50 pages that have appeared since I was last on here 8 hours ago (although I am trying) so apologies if any of this is going over old ground. But today ladies and gentleman was a good day and I for one am a happy little sheep-shagger.

F*ck, you had me going there but I baulked when I got to "gin and bitter lemon".

I thought you feckers drank the blood of Slochy quines for recreation..............?