Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Arghhh nooo. They can't axe any staff that tupe over they are legally obliged to pay salaries benefits and pensions. Mp had no sale value as such.closing stands will not save business rates maintenance costs and most other fixed costs!! Police will not just waive fees cos of a funny handshake especially when budgets are being cut and nor will other suppliers ffs. Qp dont fund hampden it's subsidized by the sfa!!! The staff there are paid by the sfa. Don't want to be shouty but your being quite dense here. There is no technical way of carrying on at a loss if your bank wont give you credit!!!they are skint and can't pay a fraction of their costs in sfl three...ffs now my wine is warm

Och well, I'm no expert...

Calm down eh :) It's late, and anyway, as I said, if you go back to my original post; I do think they're f**ked too. I was just chucking a few ideas about.

Do you reckon there's a chance of someone picking up highlights of the SFL with Sevco being there? Or is this pure delusion on my part?

Sky show all sorts. I'm a golfer and their coverage of the big events is top drawer these days. They also show some events in the tour below the proper tour, where the players are unknowns, and are pulling their clubs on trolleys themselves!

All I'm suggesting is that I don't find it that far-fetched to think that Sky would be interested in offering the SFL a bob or two to show Sevco away games.

In this saga, since Feb 14, it's far from the craziest thing I've ever heard! I don't see Sky 'walking away'.

You've just pointed to the vast elephant standing in the corner! Who's to say SKY won't walk away altogether? No OF games and no prospect of Sevco in the top tier for 3 years. SKY have been very very quiet with the only noises coming from their pishy attempts at reporting this story on SSN. Do SKY do walking away? Nows the time to find out.

After all the phone hacking police bribery stuff the last thing they want is to be seen publicly kick Scottish football in the nuts and then have another broadcaster come in and play the white Knight saviour. The current deal is peanuts to sky's budget and it would be great PR for them to be seen to support our game ...regan and doncaster talking us down was s disgrace given that actually ratings wise even without of sky have a very good deal in place

Sky show all sorts. I'm a golfer and their coverage of the big events is top drawer these days. They also show some events in the tour below the proper tour, where the players are unknowns, and are pulling their clubs on trolleys themselves!

All I'm suggesting is that I don't find it that far-fetched to think that Sky would be interested in offering the SFL a bob or two to show Sevco away games.

In this saga, since Feb 14, it's far from the craziest thing I've ever heard! I don't see Sky 'walking away'.

True. Given that their current SPL deal is an absolute pittance compared to other European deals, it's not beyond the realms of possibility for them to throw in a few more shillings for the scavenging gypsies.

With Stenny saying they went "No", does that make Quisling Count:

* Hamilton

* QotS

* Brechin

* Dumbarton (nope, they voted no)

* East Stirlingshire

?

<_<

Surprised at you - you're normally on the ball.......

Och well, I'm no expert...

Calm down eh :) It's late, and anyway, as I said, if you go back to my original post; I do think they're f**ked too. I was just chucking a few ideas about.

Not your fault I've just been saying this for guts of a thousand pages lol. Gets annoying repeating yourself after a while lol I'm good tho ten mins in freezer wine is good again

Real real sorry but just back in (half cut)! honestly just cracked open a bottle of champagne that my sister wanted kept for her wedding later this year! So a big fat Charlie for the the first person to tell me who the 5 yes's were? I am absolutely ecstatic but this thread has moved on >80 pages since I last checked can't be arsed checkin :blink: 'mon the diddies :D:D:D Oh and I will be visiting both Clyde & Raith at least once this season to show my support for the way their respective boards have shown the way on this issue, much respect is due! So when does the campaign to have Stu Cosgrove as head of SFA or single body begin? I would support that 100% as would (I suspect) many other diddy fans.

Peace out!!!8)

Cringe

I would imagine that would be very much dependant on what kind of squad they have. If they are trashing every club in the 3rd by 6, 7, 8 nil every week I'd imagine the Homo Erectus mob would buy it.

Then again, if Charlie's squad is decimated by TUPE, they might find themselves in a dogfight, literally, every other week. Make no mistake, there'll be a fair few 3rd Div. players out to take a scalp or two.

Minty Regan is now proposing that instead of a £160k fine, that Newgers get a bye into the final of the cups, and every club they play pays them a sweetener for turning up.

You know it makes sense...after all, it's Armageddon otherwise!

Edited by MK Col

You've just pointed to the vast elephant standing in the corner! Who's to say SKY won't walk away altogether? No OF games and no prospect of Sevco in the top tier for 3 years. SKY have been very very quiet with the only noises coming from their pishy attempts at reporting this story on SSN. Do SKY do walking away? Nows the time to find out.

um... common sense...

sky have been quiet coz cockwomble and ronald reagan have been trying to do their bidding. however the rebels won.

reasons why sky wont pull out........

1. scottish football is cheap tv to them. a whole season for the cost of blackpool v wigan

2. there are what, a million subscribers in scotland (feel free to correct this) , all paying an average of 50 quid a month for tv, internet etc..... thats 600 million a year. saving 18 million to risk huge amounts of that going to bt internet, or god forbid, freesat....bonkers

3. given that sky will be paying for scottish football, it doesnt make sense to pay too little.

4. already sky pay a low amount compared to other nationalities.

5. if they dont BT will.

645000 sky subscribers in Scotland according to the Herald.

But how many of them get the sports package?