Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I just dont get how the clubs could vote for Sevco to join the SFL at all given that they have no accounts and there were no simple details (chairmen, ground etc.) for them.

If Spartans had applied to the 3rd with as little details theyd have been told to f**k right off (and rightly so)

To me they were between a rock and a hard place, by denying them entry there would have been an easier chance of introducing an spl 2 and being accused of being vindictive and denying future revenue. I think the sfl have voted strongly enough to smoke any chance of Regan trying to pull the spl2 .rabbit. A good few chairmen have shown common sense whilst pundits went berserk. Well done to all clubs who done the right thing. Bring on the moderns.

Fair points. Their turnover will be more than the rest of the division put together, so they should be able to put together a side that can win it. They'll of-load any high earners at knockdown prices during the transfer window too. The asset will be the surviving club, not the material assets. If there is reconstruction, they could be back in the top flight and selling out every week within 2 years. Not that it'll be turning in a profit, but there will be enough bluenosed investors about to put a deal together. Plus, the 'club' will also have a certain amount of sentimental value. That deal will look a whole lot less attractive when their in admin again with a huge points penalty and a pile of football debt hanging over them.

Ffs their fixed costs will be many many times their revenue!!! With Cl crowds Cl TV money spl crowds spl TV money and sponsorship built on spl and Cl they were losing more than a million a month and went bust!!! Now they will have few thousand bigots at best paying twelve quid a pop they have no chance. Losing some players wont counteract hundred odd non playing staff business rates gas leccy water pitch management maintenance etc. Its called fixed costs for a reason! Anyone thinking newco could survive in sfl is totally utterly deluded

Guest Flash

I'm confused. My understanding is the 1st proposal involved the SFL entry - this was passed 29:1 in favour. The 2nd proposal involved placing them in Div1 or Div3 - this was passed 25:5 in favour of Div 3, with presumeably the 5 voting Div1 as there were only two options tabled(?). Correct me if I'm wrong of course. This is why I'm curious as to which 5 voted for Div1.

QoS voted for Div 1 it is on their OS

My link

Over the past few weeks I've been critical of the naysayers who were only to keen to tell us that newco would not be liquidated/would get into the SPL/would get into division 1. They've all been proven wrong.

Now we have moaning faced c***s saying it's not good enough, that they've still been given preferential treatment. Maybe they have but that completely ignores what would have happened had it not been for the concerted actions of ordinary supporters. What the Scottish football fans have done through pressure and determination is immense and I'm pissed off at people shitting all over it.

Grab anothers Werther's out of that bowl over by the radiogram and chill, y'auld bugger.

Everthing will be fine, at least until Monday.

Fair points. Their turnover will be more than the rest of the division put together, so they should be able to put together a side that can win it. They'll of-load any high earners at knockdown prices during the transfer window too. The asset will be the surviving club, not the material assets. If there is reconstruction, they could be back in the top flight and selling out every week within 2 years. Not that it'll be turning in a profit, but there will be enough bluenosed investors about to put a deal together. Plus, the 'club' will also have a certain amount of sentimental value. That deal will look a whole lot less attractive when their in admin again with a huge points penalty and a pile of football debt hanging over them.

Remember, their running costs will dwarf those of every other club in SFL3. They have to make around £1M per month just to pay their Ibrox running costs. On top of that they have players' salaries, ground staff's wages , policing costs, Sally's pie bill etc. At £12 per ticket, twice a month...

They are absolutely, totally, completely, undeniably, utterly.. fecked. Seriously.

If it wasn't for Ibrox, they might have a fighting chance.

To me they were between a rock and a hard place, by denying them entry there would have been an easier chance of introducing an spl 2 and being accused of being vindictive and denying future revenue. I think the sfl have voted strongly enough to smoke any chance of Regan trying to pull the spl2 .rabbit. A good few chairmen have shown common sense whilst pundits went berserk. Well done to all clubs who done the right thing. Bring on the moderns.

Indeed the clubs have given newco the rope to hang itself. Best possible result in circumstances

Alex Thomson has one less reason to spout utter shite, which is another reason to rejoice today.

Ive actually liked his tweets/columns/blogs etc during all this. Hes been one of the few who seemed to have looked at it without bias or a sense of self preservation.

Alex Thomson has one less reason to spout utter shite, which is another reason to rejoice today.

Ah diddums, did your big team get relegated to the third division today.

To get the SFA to grant them membership, is it a case of;

1. You want to keep the history, then you will have to accept any punishments arising from EBT's, dual contracts and disrepute charges.

or

2. You start as a new club, no history, no punishments.

Thommo for President!

And he's having his tea,

I sense my work in Glasgow may be nearing an end. So a quiet meal for one of, yes, flavoursome young sheep.

AxtgZ6ZCAAACy6T.jpg

Fucking class big man, fucking class :lol::D

Goodbye Traynor, you have been shown up for the talentless prat you are.

They still dont get it.England dont want you.

Mike Bee: "Rangers should use the opportunity to join the English Football League."

Nothing to do with England not wanting them. Newco can't officially join the English FA while Scotland (their home country) has a professional football association. It's just the way it is.

You appeared to imply that the SPL was going to backtrack or that the SFA was going to do something to negate the SFL decision. This is a myth that has been peddled for some weeks now without challenge to its veracity and it pisses me off.

If I've upset you you should invite me on an expenses paid journey to you're part of the world and I will (sort of) aplogise in person. :)

I understand your attitude to doom mongers and nay-sayers but even

Alex Thomson thinks it's not over and he is closer to the action than I am.

I sincerely hope you are right Granny.

It's not ALL champagne and cheese over here. Our little one donkey village lost it's café bar last year.

I love coming back to Glasgow on visits in the winter, when the weather is FUCKING PREDICTABLE,

and going to pubs and restos and occasional match.

There is no Utopia. Except Firhill in 5 years time when the Jags retain the CL trophy.

There ye go, fitba' hyperbole, that's what we want.

Excuse my ramblings, bit pished.