Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm not so sure. It'll be cat and mouse. Sevco will be looking to get out, that's for sure, but if they let the thing fold again, they leave at a loss. Keep it running at a loss, but just enough to win the 3rd Division (which'll cost hee-haw in terms of their, still large, turnover) and they still have a saleable asset which they can recoup a few millions on.

On the other hand, anyone wanting to buy will know that the longer they wait, the more desperate Green & co. will be to sell and the cheaper it'll get, but on the other hand their upping the chances of the whole thing going tits-up again.

A combination of a fan with deep pockets and league reconstruction could help them immensely, but without these, they'll wind up in admin again or hit the top flight crippled by debt again.

They're bank wont allow them to run at a loss for a year and for a whole Season the shortfall could be anywhere from ten to twenty million depending on how few gloryhunters turn up at twelve quid a pop.selling the real estate is the best way to realise a profit. The fact is in sfl three they have a tiny turnover and massive overheads

Edited by Highland Dogma

Not true as far as I've seen.

No set term exists.. If changes are attempted it all comes down to legal/union argument.

One case was won, by employee, after two years.

Indeed. The effect of TUPE is that terms and conditions are protected despite the transfer and any dismissal because of the transfer is automatically unfair. Timing is irrelevant.

Thing is they struggled to even get a corporate account...they wont be able to run at a loss for any length of time. Hughie and the invisible investors gambled on transfer fees and st sales to provide working capital and also that they could waltz back to spl...and he was massively wrong on all counts...I will be surprised if newco kicks a ball in anger.

Fingers crossed for the SPL meeting next week... unsure.gif

Matt bairn, you are right about the rules not being followed correctly but with all the secret meetings, the forgotten ally outbursts, the rev I am jolly msm coverage and the lack of punishment for the years of cheating. I thought a stitch up was a cert. At the start sevco in div 3 was a result I was happy to accept now after years of wayward spending will these chancers really survive frugality

I might be stupid with this one but wasn't the vote today an agreement in principle? Isn't it now open to other clubs to apply for entry, or is there simply not a vacancy?

It simply has to be ratified by the SFL and SFA committees - a foregone conclusion (I take it you read the leaked e-mails). There's no rule obliging them to invite applicants.

1342210077[/url]' post='6427765']

I might be stupid with this one but wasn't the vote today an agreement in principle? Isn't it now open to other clubs to apply for entry, or is there simply not a vacancy?

That's how I read it, but it's being reported as a done deal.

I'd expect that the sevco business plan and finances still need to be scrutinised. This ain't over yet.

Matt bairn, you are right about the rules not being followed correctly but with all the secret meetings, the forgotten ally outbursts, the rev I am jolly msm coverage and the lack of punishment for the years of cheating. I thought a stitch up was a cert. At the start sevco in div 3 was a result I was happy to accept now after years of wayward spending will these chancers really survive frugality

I just dont get how the clubs could vote for Sevco to join the SFL at all given that they have no accounts and there were no simple details (chairmen, ground etc.) for them.

If Spartans had applied to the 3rd with as little details theyd have been told to f**k right off (and rightly so)

That's how I read it, but it's being reported as a done deal.

I'd expect that the sevco business plan and finances still need to be scrutinised. This ain't over yet.

Unfortunately, a lot of the checks that are in place seem to be 'discretionary' and the committees who need to ratify it are bent as f**k and have already decided. It's a foregone conclusion I'm afraid.

Edited by fozzie

Over the past few weeks I've been critical of the naysayers who were only to keen to tell us that newco would not be liquidated/would get into the SPL/would get into division 1. They've all been proven wrong.

Now we have moaning faced c***s saying it's not good enough, that they've still been given preferential treatment. Maybe they have but that completely ignores what would have happened had it not been for the concerted actions of ordinary supporters. What the Scottish football fans have done through pressure and determination is immense and I'm pissed off at people shitting all over it.

I'm confused. My understanding is the 1st proposal involved the SFL entry - this was passed 29:1 in favour. The 2nd proposal involved placing them in Div1 or Div3 - this was passed 25:5 in favour of Div 3, with presumeably the 5 voting Div1 as there were only two options tabled(?). Correct me if I'm wrong of course. This is why I'm curious as to which 5 voted for Div1.

My bad. Certainly looks like 5 voted for Div 1 then.

If that is the case then thats fair enough. As far as Ive heard/read it was Sevco actually voted straight into Div 3.

If Im wrong Ill be over the moon.

I'm not so sure. It'll be cat and mouse. Sevco will be looking to get out, that's for sure, but if they let the thing fold again, they leave at a loss. Keep it running at a loss, but just enough to win the 3rd Division (which'll cost hee-haw in terms of their, still large, turnover) and they still have a saleable asset which they can recoup a few millions on.

On the other hand, anyone wanting to buy will know that the longer they wait, the more desperate Green & co. will be to sell and the cheaper it'll get, but on the other hand their upping the chances of the whole thing going tits-up again.

A combination of a fan with deep pockets and league reconstruction could help them immensely, but without these, they'll wind up in admin again or hit the top flight crippled by debt again.

What large turnover? From the thousands queuing up to watch Berwick or Elgin?

What saleable assets? Ibrox etc. may be "worth" millions in theory but the reality is that Green was the only buyer willing to pay anything for them.

I just dont get how the clubs could vote for Sevco to join the SFL at all given that they have no accounts and there were no simple details (chairmen, ground etc.) for them.

If Spartans had applied to the 3rd with as little details theyd have been told to f**k right off (and rightly so)

A combination of factors:

1) The board forcing the agenda

2) The clubs only being able to force amendments

3) The clock running down fast

4) Everyone being p***ed of with the whole thing dragging on

5) A sense of self-preservation

6) Remaining open to the doomsday scenario

7) A sense of 'they've suffered enough' (in some quarters)

Add all that up and everyone just thinks "F**k this! Let's move on."

Over the past few weeks I've been critical of the naysayers who were only to keen to tell us that newco would not be liquidated/would get into the SPL/would get into division 1. They've all been proven wrong.

Now we have moaning faced c***s saying it's not good enough, that they've still been given preferential treatment. Maybe they have but that completely ignores what would have happened had it not been for the concerted actions of ordinary supporters. What the Scottish football fans have done through pressure and determination is immense and I'm pissed off at people shitting all over it.

I agree that newco are very fortunate indeed to got sfl three...but realistically in Feb no one would have believed we could be where we are right now. This is huge progress that will see newco fold and no doubt four or five horrific junior teams trying to outbigot each other and maybe see the return of Scottish football walk a bit taller next season

What large turnover? From the thousands queuing up to watch Berwick or Elgin?

What saleable assets? Ibrox etc. may be "worth" millions in theory but the reality is that Green was the only buyer willing to pay anything for them.

Fair points. Their turnover will be more than the rest of the division put together, so they should be able to put together a side that can win it. They'll of-load any high earners at knockdown prices during the transfer window too. The asset will be the surviving club, not the material assets. If there is reconstruction, they could be back in the top flight and selling out every week within 2 years. Not that it'll be turning in a profit, but there will be enough bluenosed investors about to put a deal together. Plus, the 'club' will also have a certain amount of sentimental value. That deal will look a whole lot less attractive when their in admin again with a huge points penalty and a pile of football debt hanging over them.