Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cheers.

Genuine question for all Quisling fans:

Would you rather things turned out as they did - ie Your club did the wrong thing, but the right decision was reached overall,

OR

Your club behaved, but the overall vote went the other way?

I think I'd take what happened today, but I wish I could be celebrating both parts.

I feel like Nick Faldo celebrating the 1985 Ryder Cup win, having not contributed a point of his own - although obviously I'm not quite such a dick.

This isn't finished, if everything ends up fine I will not hold any club responsible.

Unfortunately lots of boards contain fans of the arse cheeks, we're fortunate our chairman has the say and he's Scottish American.

Then again, we've not announced our decision yet, so who knows.

Edited by ayrmad

I'm not saying I'm finished with queens, but I can't see me spending as much time and effort with the club. The board clearly have no interest in listening to the fans, something they have made that abundantly clear with this decision

I need clarification. I noticed from a post a couple of pages back that the official nomenclature for TCFKAR is now Sevco Scotland Ltd. I'm sorry, that's too much of a mouthful for an auld cnut like me wae falsers to say. I like Spivco personally. There's always The Phlegms.

What's the concensus from the proletariat ?

To all the braindead morons clawing their clumped fists to their keypads and keyboards

Scotland football will not die because Newco are in Division 3. The game will change, clubs will have to adapt, some may fold (sadly), more youth will have to come thru, sky might piss off with ESPN, Regan might do something helpful for once and build the game up, but Scottish Football will not die. :angry:

I know it's hard being objective about this but I think anyone looking at this from the outside and basing their judgement on the MSM would have come to the conclusion that Scottish football without Rangers in the SPL, or at least in SFL1, has no commercial value.

Neil Doncaster you are to blame for that perception.

To all the braindead morons clawing their clumped fists to their keypads and keyboards

Scotland football will not die because Newco are in Division 3. The game will change, clubs will have to adapt, some may fold (sadly), more youth will have to come thru, sky might piss off with ESPN, Regan might do something helpful for once and build the game up, but Scottish Football will not die. :angry:

The only helpful thing Regan can do now is get himself to fuck. Right now, preferably <_<

You've gotta laugh at the Holier-Than-Thou fans stating they won't be attending games at the 'Yes' voters' grounds next season - I'm sure if one of those games happened to be a title/relegation decider they'd quickly lose their 'morals'. It's an absolute irrelevance to me who voted what as long as the majority did the right thing. I believe we were in the NO camp in the end but I really couldn't care in all honesty. I just want Rangers to suffer.

This isn't finished, if everything ends up fine I will not hold any club responsible.

Unfortunately lots of boards contain fans of the arse cheeks, we're fortunate our chairman has the say and he's Scottish American.

Then again, we've not announced our decision yet, so who knows.

See the Chairman's blog for how we instructed our rep to vote. Damning comment on SPL from Lachlan. Always liked the guy.

The Twitter rumours about ICT panicking have turned out to be true :(

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/News/ICT-chairman-blasts-newco-decision-a-sad-day-for-Scottish-football-13072012.htm

INVERNESS Caledonian Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron says the decision to place the 'Newco' Rangers into the third division next season could "spell the end of football as we know it."

Scottish Football League clubs met at Hampden Park this morning to come to a decision on where Charles Green's newco Ibrox club would play,and 25 of the 30 clubs voted the club into the bottom tier.

Cameron has said the club's directors are set for an emergency meeting this weekend to discuss the financial implications of the decision.

In a statement, Mr Cameron said today was saddening for Scottish clubs, and that no club would escape the consequences.

The statement, in full, reads as follows: "There will now inevitably be serious consequences for the game in Scotland.

"We have all, as clubs, accepted the views of our stakeholders in making the initial judgement to uphold sporting integrity.

"All clubs will now have to live with the repercussions of this decision. Scottish football was at a crossroads today in terms of what was on the table for all clubs regarding reorganisation, financial distribution and a road map that would have taken the game forward.

"But this has now been thrown in to disarray by this decision. This is a sad day for all clubs in Scotland."

Mr Cameron added: "None of us will escape the financial fallout from this. There was an opportunity on the table, in terms of the joint agreement tabled at today’s meeting for us all to come together and a genuine willingness to improve the game substantially over the coming years.

"But it now looks as though this will once again be kicked back in to the long grass. A once in a lifetime opportunity to bring forward change may well have been lost.

"The directors of ICTFC are fully aware of the financial implications of this latest decision on Newco. The loss of either our fans or our sponsors was never going to leave any of the clubs in Scotland in a healthy financial position and for some this could spell the end of football as we know it.

"Certain clubs in the SFL have perceived the financial information they were receiving as a 'big stick' to beat them into accepting Newco in the First Division. This was definitely not the case, as far as I am concerned. What they were being told was the reality of the situation."

The chairman concluded: "We will be convening an emergency board meeting over the weekend to discuss the very serious financial implications for us as a club going forward."

The Glasgow club was forced to apply to the SFL after a meeting of SPL clubs last week voted against the newco joining the top tier.

Rangers went into administration on February 14 owing over £130 million to creditors.

The club will be liquidated, meaning its registration with the Scottish Football Association and SPL ended. A Green-led consortium bought Gers' assests for £5.5 million and created the Rangers newco.

A number of the Glasgow club's first-team players have signed with other clubs, rather than play for the newco in a lower division, but manager Ally McCoist has stayed.

A decision of whether to let Dunfermline, who were relegated from the SPL last season, or Dundee, who finished second to Ross County in the first division, is imminent.

I know it's hard being objective about this but I think anyone looking at this from the outside and basing their judgement on the MSM would have come to the conclusion that Scottish football without Rangers in the SPL, or at least in SFL1, has no commercial value.

Neil Doncaster you are to blame for that perception.

Correct.

Surely a sacking offence, if ever there was one?

From BBC updates: Mark in London: "I'm not sure that people have fully grasped what has happened. As far as I was aware the SFL have voted to allow Sevco Scotland Ltd to play in Div 3. However, they don't currently have a licence with the SFA. If they wish to get that licence then they need to agree to be punished for the indiscretions of the now dead Rangers. What's happened so far is the rules. The punishment is still to come!"

Is Mark correct? I think he is. laugh.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme