Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wouldn't bother reading it - at the bottom it said that it wasn't legally binding so in effect it was worthless.

So it was basically another carrot for the SFL clubs.

Do these fucking idiots not realise that they cant publish their idea of a brave new world for Scottish football, then withdraw it if the vote doesn't go their way. That would make them look even more incompetent and corrupt than they already are.

Surely if the vote goes against div 1 they shouldn't automatically get div 3? Don't Spartans etc get a chance to apply for the upcoming vacant spot?

FWIW, I don't think it'll matter. Spartans et al will get their chances next season when Sevco goes tits up.

I genuinely hate Jim Traynor.

"They are little more than unambitious social clubs within their communities and while nothing much will change for them it could be desperate at the other end."

What are these new league proposals that have been offered? I am just back from a week away with the brats, so need to catch up.

Something similar to your good lady suggesting/promising to wear the nice lingerie followed by a few minutes of jiggy jiggy, as you will know, an "I've got a headache" or" I'm too tired" can pop up anytime after this promise/suggestion.

Unless you get her to sign a binding agreement of course.

Edited by ayrmad

Yippee ....AND? What's the point of that?.

Last season the Scottish Leagues saw around 3,613,294 though turnstiles.

(going on 3,190,414 figure for SPL 2011-12 and 452,880 for SFL 2010-11 figure)

Rangers were 28% of this = 1,011,722

If 'loyal' ex Rangers support choose to back the NewCo team then how does this change anything except some of our smaller clubs get a boost ( 1 year for most ) at the expense of the SPL clubs, who frankly have being paying silly wages to many very average players?

45,000 x 18 NewCo home games = 810,000 (very likely another 100,000 if they got 2 or 3 home cup ties in the 3 cups they'd be in)

Even if no old Rangers fans went to any NewCo away games that 810,000 is a drop in attendance figures of just over 5%

Proves they were a big club and that's hardly news.

Even the claim that 28% went through tunstyles because of Rangers is hopelessly flawed.

They went through those turnstyles because Rangers were PLAYING SOMEONE.

That's where the diddies come in. If there weren't others, no Cups could be won and there'd be no leagues to finish at the top of. Even these priceless OF games only matter in the context of bigger competitions. People Like McLeish need to be challenged on such dishonest distortions.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

"They are little more than unambitious social clubs within their communities and while nothing much will change for them it could be desperate at the other end."

Disgraceful. And he has the gall to call himself a journalist.

Even the claim that 28% went through tunstyles because of Rangers is hopelessly flawed.

They went through those turnstyles because Rangers were PLAYING SOMEONE.

That's where the diddies come in. If there weren't others, no Cups could be won and there'd be no leagues to finish at the top of. Even these priceless OF games only matter in the contxt of bigger competitions. People Like McLeish need to be challenged on such dishonest distortions.

Indeed. Ibrox was pretty empty the weeks there were no games on.

Proud of my club's stance against Rangers, just have to hope that the other SFL clubs don't bottle this and tell Rangers that they need to apply for a membership and if accepted, start from the 3rd Division.

However, you can just sense that there's going to be an incoming screwjob, if the clubs reject Rangers going into the First.

Having had a few moments to think...

Maybe Green and Sally are there to provide all the info about Sevco that Doncaster and Regan werre unable to provide (as per the Clyde FC statement).

Hope they get asked some really awkward questions..

Proud of my club's stance against Rangers, just have to hope that the other SFL clubs don't bottle this and tell Rangers that they need to apply for a membership and if accepted, start from the 3rd Division.

However, you can just sense that there's going to be an incoming screwjob, if the clubs reject Rangers going into the First.

No offence, but a large number of people still calling them Rangers.

Seriously, they aren't.

FWIW, I don't think it'll matter. Spartans et al will get their chances next season when Sevco goes tits up.

Sounds like you and I are the only ones who think this is going to end with the good guys winning.

He plagiarised that from Craig Burley.

Grant Russell@STVGrantSTV understands Rangers' Charles Green and Ally McCoist are currently addressing SFL chairmen ahead of their vote.

Expand Collapse

WTF?

Can understand that the owner of a newco applying for admission to the league might be given a chance to say his piece before the SFL clubs vote but McCoist????

Like you say, WTF?