Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Doncaster, Regan and Longmuir have changed the face of Scottish football forever. But not in the way they wanted.

Whatever happens today, things will never be the same again. The fans have stood shoulder to shoulder, most of the clubs have stood shoulder to shoulder, and Alex Thomson has done a fantastic job representing us all in the media.

I now have real pride in our game for the first time in decades. I'm proud of the fans, proud of Turnbull Hutton, proud of clubs like Ayr and Annan and I'm especially proud of Diddy power.

We've hit a milestone in Scottish football. We have proved that the diddy clubs DO matter and the decades of bullying and being treated like shit are over. We're not prepared to be dictated to anymore and there's no turning back.

There is a momentum going now and I don't think it (or us) can be stopped. Diddy power is back on the agenda and it's not going away.

HENRY McLEISH ON NEWCO RANGERS "In the last season, 28% of all the people going through the turnstiles in Scotland were because of Rangers

Yippee ....AND? What's the point of that?.

Last season the Scottish Leagues saw around 3,613,294 though turnstiles.

(going on 3,190,414 figure for SPL 2011-12 and 452,880 for SFL 2010-11 figure)

Rangers were 28% of this = 1,011,722

If 'loyal' ex Rangers support choose to back the NewCo team then how does this change anything except some of our smaller clubs get a boost ( 1 year for most ) at the expense of the SPL clubs, who frankly have being paying silly wages to many very average players?

45,000 x 18 NewCo home games = 810,000 (very likely another 100,000 if they got 2 or 3 home cup ties in the 3 cups they'd be in)

Even if no old Rangers fans went to any NewCo away games that 810,000 is a drop in attendance figures of just over 5%

Proves they were a big club and that's hardly news. 

Word on the street is that the sandwich selection today is:

Tuna Mayo

Ham

Chicken Tikka

Cheese and Pickle

Anyone got any news on chicken drumsticks or sausage rolls? Could be a big factor in todays procedings

No jelly and ice cream :(

Aye right - and the SPL clubs will be have multiple orgasms over the thought of match free Saturdays.

They voted to a man (apart from Killie's chairman, who has shares in Rangers) to kick Rangers out, why the hell would they stay 11 clubs for a season in the hope that Sevco5088 gets its s**t together in time for season 2013/14 and hasn't in the meantime gone to the wall and its assets sold by Green? Pretty massive gamble to take.

No, they booted out Rangers because they realised they were more trouble than they were worth, and all the financial predictions of doom didn't cut it, least of all from a Cockwomble with a history of exaggeration and hyperbolic "armageddon for all clubs" scenarios from his time at Norwich City when the subject of TV packages and football were concerned.

If our chairman had shares in Rangers, don't you think that someone would have found out by now? Don't forget that he didn't actually vote for them, instead he abstained for some inexplicable reason.

I think SFL rules prevent that now.

Rule 13

13. MEMBERSHIP NOT TRANSFERRABLE

Membership of the League (whether full or associate) shall not be

transferrable, save that (a) a Member wishing to change its legal form

(whether from unincorporated association to corporate body or otherwise

where the ownership and control of both bodies are or will be substantially

identical); or (b) a transfer within the same administrative group for the

purposes of a solvent reconstruction only; may be permitted by the Board

upon prior written application for consent and giving such details of the

proposed transfer as the Board may reasonably request for the purpose of

considering such transfer. The Board may refuse such application or grant

same upon such terms and conditions as it shall think fit.

The relegation fix is off the table. SPL rules are apparently unbendable in that regard. Regan apparently furious when this was pointed out.

I think the idea of "relegation" has become something of a myth, based on pathetically bad journalism. Rangers were refused their SPL membership, therefore they no longer exist within either the SPL or the SFL. The SFL are essentially voting as to whether they should be admitted, promoted, accepted or invited into either the first division or the third. Relegation and demotion is not involved. I'm astonished at how many journalists don't get this. Not remotely surprised that Craig Burley et al don't, mind you.

I'm with Granny Danger on this one, there's quite a lot of bollocks being talked about the resolutions. A yes vote for resolution two does not mean the SFL board will decide where Rangers go.

Ross County are not voting as they have been promoted in place of Dunfermline. The settlement agreement only provides for a single promotion/relegation

Yup. And we voted the right way. I'm sure Dunfermline will do likewise.

The following will happen. The SFL clubs, minus a couple of cretins who are likely to be out of a job before the year is out anyway, will resoundingly vote that Rangers will play in division three next season. As a result, everyone, with the exception of the aforementioned cretins will be placated. Regan and Doncaster will be forced to tender their resignations forthwith, sales of the Daily Record will continue to plummet, and nobody will die as a result of this. Restructuring will no doubt happen at the beginning of next season, in at which stage Rangers may well be playing in the lower tier of the SPL. God knows whether Dundee or Dunfermline will be promoted, but either way, one of them's going to get relegated from the SPL for no fault of their own.

If our chairman had shares in Rangers, don't you think that someone would have found out by now? Don't forget that he didn't actually vote for them, instead he abstained for some inexplicable reason.

This was brought up earlier, hence the abstention over the conflict of interest (although it could equally be argued that Rangers had the biggest conflict of interest of all being allowed to vote on having their share transferred to Sevco 5088 in the first place). However logic has never exactly gone hand in hand with any of this pantomime since the start.

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

Annan Chairman on Hampden steps calling for SFA and SPL chiefs to go

This sounds quite dramatic! Is he wielding a pitchfork?

Borys

Charles Green says it is time for 'vilification and persecution' to end: http://sport.stv.tv/..._medium=twitter

Charles Green has called for clarity over where Rangers newco will play this season.

[/left]

Charles Green is accusing people of vilifying and persecuting "Rangers"? a club who along with many members of its supporters vilified and persecuted everyone who is not and was not one of them for most of its history!

dry.gif Accusing everyone else of doing what "Rangers" do ... this man is as funny as Craig Whyte and David Murray were! laugh.gif

But not on the level of funnyness as Bomber or Di Stefano...................please tell me these are 'tic wind-ups and not really serious.

Traynor's tear-stained, scaremongering verdict in the daily retard today

Will be very surprised if he is employed by any newspaper after all this. He has made the Daily Record's sports section an unignorable laughing stock comparable with the Daily Sport with his fantasy after fantasy on a par with Comical Ali.

I only lasted a few sentences but you can read ithere if you want

His imminent boycott of Airdrie games will seriously affect Airdrie, I don't see how they can survive the loss of £45.