Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Both Dundee and Dunfermline will be given permission (through resolution iii) to waive the usual two-year notice period for resignation from the SFL today, but neither will actually resign yet. On Monday, the SPL will vote on which of the two are to be invited, and then that club will resign.

What's this? Special treatment for certain clubs? But what about "sporting integrity"? ;)

Have we ruled out the possibility of newco being relegated in place of Dunfermline on Monday?

Dunfermline have already been relegated, that's why they're voting today.

Newco can't be relegated because they aren't in the SPL.

Whatever else happens, the reputation of football in Scotland has taken a bit of a battering - not IMO because of Rangers, but because of the various numpties who have been most prominent throughout this whole fiasco. Today will determine just how far Scottish football will fall in the worldwide view.

Regardless, Regan and Doncaster have to go!

Edited by ExiledSaint

How? Have they not got the same information as everyone else? Dundee should have been ready to vote anyway as the last interview with Longmuir did not rule out Dundee voting, only that they were getting advice on the matter. It is surely forward thinking like this that has us in this situation :wacko:

The clubs receive an email at the close of business the day before what could well be one of the most significant votes in Scottish football history, the outcome of which is likely to have a massive impact on every club.

Said clubs would wish to consider their position on the basis of having met at board level, and undertaking all other enquiries they deem relevant and necessary.

They are not afforded sufficient opportunity to make arrangments in respect of the above, and thus are left with little option but to request an adjournment of proceedings.

Nothing far-fetched about the above scenario, IMO.

Regardless of whether they would have formed a view in any event, it is an entirely different ball-game when they are suddenly required to formally vote after all.

This smacks of desperate 11th hour manipulation.

What's on record doesn't matter. Regan makes it up as he goes along, pissing on everyone from a great height.

A total f*cking w****r. I hope someone has rimmed his glass at the meeting.

I wish someone would glass his rim.

Edited by Happy Buddie

In fairness, earlier in the week Clyde FC made the very valid point that they had next to no information about this Sevco Scotland thing there were being asked to vote into the SFL. Given that Dundee FC's 'cop out' specifically stated that the Board were still free to 'debate' if not vote, then Dundee FC's position should have been clear sometime before now. I'm disappointed that we don't have a position sorted out, even if being permitted to vote happened at the last night. Given the circumstances of the situation, I don't think there's time for a postponement. A vote that says "No to Sevco, we don't have enough information" puts the ball back in the SFA/Sevco's court.

I don't know what has been placed in the hot little hands of the SFL clubs but there is a fair amount of information about the company now running Rangers even from Companies House plus public statements.

My view is this is a last desperate attempt to jeopardise proceedings.

Both Airdrie and Dundee know it will be suicide now to vote "yes". But to vote "no" leaves the door open for a potential legal challenge to the vote on the premise that they both have a conflict of interest (forget the fact, even if it is true, that so do Dunfermline technically who could potentially regain their SPL spot - and for that matter did Rangers during the SPL vote). Rangers have already shown they don't care about FIFA's prohibition on settling sporting matters in courts of law.

It wouldn't matter if the end vote saying "no" to I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Rangers (thanks for copying my joke today, Daily Telegraph!) was a massive majority so that two votes wouldn't count either way. It wouldn't matter that it would be a case that Rangers could never hope to win. It would allow that spiv Green to go to court and seek an injunction on the start of the SFL/Ramsdens Cup unless he got his own way, at massive cost to the clubs and buying Sevco 5088 more time, which right now is their biggest concern.

If that is the plan - and the Hampden beaks behaviour has been so disgracefully against the interests of the other clubs to date that I would not put this skulduggery past them - this could get even messier.

If that is the case, then they could avoid the issue by abstaining I guess.

Time is not on Sevco's side though.

Time is money.

My money is on the SFL rejecting Rangers in the First Division and the SPL then going with 11 teams next season thus allowing the SPL to bring Rangers back next season in an enlarged SPL.

This will also allow the SPL to retain their sponsors, TV money, etc for the following season on the basis that Rangers will only be missing for a season.

Supporters of all diddy clubs need to make sure that the pressure is kept on their clubs to vote no to Rangers in the SPL again next season.

By the start of next season the SPL clubs will be able to downsize, get shot of big money contracts, etc. They will then have no need for a Rangers in Scottish football.

This is probably more faith on my part than anything. If Rangers come back in any shape or form whatsoever then I will never ever set foot in a senior Scottish football ground ever again.

Edited by Captain_Sensible