Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Gardiner (Dundee's CEO): We were told 10 days ago we were conflicted. We got an email at 4.55pm last night saying Dundee had to vote it is inexplicable. (4.51pm, sorry). We were told we had to vote. We want good, clear and honest leadership. I was sending emails at 1am & was still trying to get clarity at 6am. Perplexed. Time is running out. We need clarity today and then the same on Monday (at SPL vote). Isn't appropriate to say how Dundee will vote. Don't know full facts yet. We don't have enough info but told will get more today

I've obviously been info-overloaded. What's the SPL vote on Monday?

How about this scenario

1) SPL clubs vote 'no' to transfer SPL share from oldco to newco

2) SFL clubs vote 'no' to newco entering into division 1

3) oldco gives share back to SPL, pending liquidation

4) SPL has a unoccupied share

5) SPL clubs vote to give the share to newco

Far fetched?

Is it not on record that the SFA would veto any move to put Rangers in the SPL?

In all this I have always thought that Rangers (in some form) will be playing in the SPL next season. Nothing has happened that makes me doubt this. The fact Club 12 hasn't been decided upon adds to my feeling that this will be the case.

Interesting post given the Yorkston interview this morning on BBC Scotland where he mentioned that should the vote for the newco mean the third division then the SPL would step in, he wouldn't elaborate but it made me think there's mair shite to come.

If the above scenario did arise where the SPL relented and took the newco in then I can see that being a death knell for scottish football, because I and I am sure many others would shun their club.

According to Doncaster, Sky wont pay the current rates if there are no OF games for 3 years, they'll renegotiate, as will many (he probably said all) of the sponsors. His "Armageddon" scenario is that the SPL clubs cant afford to live on this renegotiated package.

Not according to the SFL rules. All clubs must vote at GMs

Interesting. This was discussed briefly before the SPL vote. Seems like the original plan was to relegate Rangers from the SPL before they voted on the share transfer. That way, the SPL clubs are spared a vote and newco is dumped into Division 1 without the SFL being able to do anything about it.

I guess, what we're seeing now is some desperate manoeuvring to try and achieve the same outcome.

That quantum is, as yet, undefined.

I read his profile a few weeks ago. It said something along the lines of he started in a fairly junior post but was quickly promoted to Director of something or other. That only happens to people exactly as you describe <_<

It hasnt. He's guessing, based on the interviews and announcements from the club and Chairman. There has been no official announcement either way of how Queens are going to vote.

Aye, our club were selling out this time yesterday according to a rumour, read Lachlan's piece and see how that rumour went.

Gardiner (Dundee's CEO): We were told 10 days ago we were conflicted. We got an email at 4.55pm last night saying Dundee had to vote it is inexplicable. (4.51pm, sorry). We were told we had to vote. We want good, clear and honest leadership. I was sending emails at 1am & was still trying to get clarity at 6am. Perplexed. Time is running out. We need clarity today and then the same on Monday (at SPL vote). Isn't appropriate to say how Dundee will vote. Don't know full facts yet. We don't have enough info but told will get more today

Anyone else smelling a rat here?

Is it just possible that this 11th hour development has been introduced in order to lend a degree of legitimacy to a proposal to delay the vote? Dundee could reasonably claim that they haven't been afforded sufficient opportunity to consider the resolutions prior to the vote. Perhaps I'm getting carried away on a wave of cynicism, but I wouldn't put anything past these characters.

There's something I still don't understand, and from my recollection hasn't been answered. The "doomsday" scenario perpetuated by Doncaster et al will apparently result from Rangers not being in the SPL. They want Rangers in the first division, hoping that they will only be out of the SPL for 1 year. May I ask what difference 3 years will make? I for one believe that Rangers will win successive promotions back to the SPL from the third division.

I may be in the minority here but I do not think it's a 'given' that Sevcowhatever will gain successive promotions.

They don't have a team at the moment and probably no backers to provide finance if they go to the 3rd.

The money from 50000 (?) orcs every fortnight will just pay their running costs.

Or am I missing something?

How about this scenario

1) SPL clubs vote 'no' to transfer SPL share from oldco to newco

2) SFL clubs vote 'no' to newco entering into division 1

3) oldco gives share back to SPL, pending liquidation

4) SPL has a unoccupied share

5) SPL clubs vote to give the share to newco

Far fetched?

Fucks sake, stop giving them ideas.

I find the fact that Dundee + Airdrie United were told they could (and thus HAD) to vote minutes before close-of-business yesterday, utterly astonishing.

Only surpassed in astonishing-ness by Regan's leaked E-mail and Petrie-Green briefing.

Indeed Regan and Doncaster cannot be allowed to retain their posts after this.

Is it just possible that this 11th hour development has been introduced in order to lend a degree of legitimacy to a proposal to delay the vote? Dundee could reasonably claim that they haven't been afforded sufficient opportunity to consider the resolutions prior to the vote. Perhaps I'm getting carried away on a wave of cynicism, but I wouldn't put anything past these characters.

This was the first thing I thought.

Is it not on record that the SFA would veto any move to put Rangers in the SPL?

What's on record doesn't matter. Regan makes it up as he goes along, pissing on everyone from a great height.

A total f*cking w****r. I hope someone has rimmed his glass at the meeting.

I may be in the minority here but I do not think it's a 'given' that Sevcowhatever will gain successive promotions.

They don't have a team at the moment and probably no backers to provide finance if they go to the 3rd.

The money from 50000 (?) orcs every fortnight will just pay their running costs.

Or am I missing something?

I agree with you, although I don't expect them to get capacity crowds in SFL3 or even SFL1. I think if newco start life in the bottom rung then they will experience great financial difficulty and we'll be having similar discussions over their viability this time next year, if not earlier.

How? Have they not got the same information as everyone else? Dundee should have been ready to vote anyway as the last interview with Longmuir did not rule out Dundee voting, only that they were getting advice on the matter. It is surely forward thinking like this that has us in this situation :wacko:

I find the fact that Dundee + Airdrie United were told they could (and thus HAD) to vote minutes before close-of-business yesterday, utterly astonishing.

Only surpassed in astonishing-ness by Regan's leaked E-mail and Petrie-Green briefing.

My view is this is a last desperate attempt to jeopardise proceedings.

Both Airdrie and Dundee know it will be suicide now to vote "yes". But to vote "no" leaves the door open for a potential legal challenge to the vote on the premise that they both have a conflict of interest (forget the fact, even if it is true, that so do Dunfermline technically who could potentially regain their SPL spot - and for that matter did Rangers during the SPL vote). Rangers have already shown they don't care about FIFA's prohibition on settling sporting matters in courts of law.

It wouldn't matter if the end vote saying "no" to I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Rangers (thanks for copying my joke today, Daily Telegraph!) was a massive majority so that two votes wouldn't count either way. It wouldn't matter that it would be a case that Rangers could never hope to win. It would allow that spiv Green to go to court and seek an injunction on the start of the SFL/Ramsdens Cup unless he got his own way, at massive cost to the clubs and buying Sevco 5088 more time, which right now is their biggest concern.

If that is the plan - and the Hampden beaks behaviour has been so disgracefully against the interests of the other clubs to date that I would not put this skulduggery past them - this could get even messier.