Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I find the fact that Dundee + Airdrie United were told they could (and thus HAD) to vote minutes before close-of-business yesterday, utterly astonishing.

Only surpassed in astonishing-ness by Regan's leaked E-mail and Petrie-Green briefing.

After all thats happened, I don't!

Yep, as Tom English said last night (not someone I usually have any time for), this coming together of fans from all corners of Scotland has been both unprecedented and actually quite moving.

I'm proud of my fellow fans.

Correct, and if the blazers and their operators could remove their heads from their arses they might be able to see that bright new dawn shining brightly over in the corner.

Michael Johnston has been slipped a fiver to run in and set off the fire alarm in a couple of minutes time....

Just shows you how shit Doncaster is at his job - everyone else knows that MJ would have done if for £1 :D and may even have considered less...

There's something I still don't understand, and from my recollection hasn't been answered. The "doomsday" scenario perpetuated by Doncaster et al will apparently result from Rangers not being in the SPL. They want Rangers in the first division, hoping that they will only be out of the SPL for 1 year. May I ask what difference 3 years will make? I for one believe that Rangers will win successive promotions back to the SPL from the third division.

Are the suits trying to tell us that each and every sponsor, the whole Sky deal, will collapse as a result of Rangers not being in the top flight for 3 years? It's not like they're gone forever. Are they honestly trying to tell us that all the sponsors will pull out for those 3 years, and when Rangers eventually do reach the SPL they'll all return again? Why is it beyond the realms of possibility that a slightly reduced package can be negotiated in the interim period, with Sky etc fully aware that they WILL get Rangers back in a relatively short period of time. Then perhaps league reconstruction can take place with this whole sorry mess resolved.

Why is that such a hard thing to grasp? Or am I just naive?

According to Doncaster, Sky wont pay the current rates if there are no OF games for 3 years, they'll renegotiate, as will many (he probably said all) of the sponsors. His "Armageddon" scenario is that the SPL clubs cant afford to live on this renegotiated package.

Agreed.

One of the most puzzling things about this is why Dundee haven't been confirmed as Club 12 yet. They were told they couldn't vote today, which made no sense as Rangers are already out of the SPL. Unless the SFA are worried about a legal challenge from the Pars. Now I'm reading today that all 30 clubs have to vote, no abstentions. Again, that can't be right, clubs can abstain, unless they're trying to drum up as many Yes votes as possible. We know where Ballantyne's sympathies lie.

Once the SFL vote is confirmed that Rangers go to the Third Division, I can only see two scenarios:

SPL2 immediately, with Dundee, Dunfermline and Falkirk up; Rangers in SPL2. Which would explain the above delay. "Fixtures meltdown". That would be staggering at such short notice.

Rangers suspended for a year, which would neatly take in the SFA punishment on the disrepute charge, and give them time to sort out SPL1&2 for next season.

Staggering again, as suddenly plans for SPFL, and a great future for the Scottish game, are abandoned for something completely different, with the SFL shafted. AGAIN.

God, all this is down to one club. Let's hope some good comes out of it. I genuinely believe that the SFA fear for the top flight, and don't just want to save Rangers. They are terrified, in fact.

Not according to the SFL rules. All clubs must vote at GMs

Can anybody shed any light on this?

[/url]

Interesting. This was discussed briefly before the SPL vote. Seems like the original plan was to relegate Rangers from the SPL before they voted on the share transfer. That way, the SPL clubs are spared a vote and newco is dumped into Division 1 without the SFL being able to do anything about it.

I guess, what we're seeing now is some desperate manoeuvring to try and achieve the same outcome.

That quantum is, as yet, undefined.

I read his profile a few weeks ago. It said something along the lines of he started in a fairly junior post but was quickly promoted to Director of something or other. That only happens to people exactly as you describe <_<

It hasnt. He's guessing, based on the interviews and announcements from the club and Chairman. There has been no official announcement either way of how Queens are going to vote.

Embdy else considered the fact that newco just might not get enough votes "to enter the SFL"?

Is that possible?Then they'd become the Govan Globetrotters.

I have always assumed that an outright "no" to league football for sevco would just result in an existing league club being bought over and rebranded as "Rangers" ASAP - surely nothing to stop that happening?

I have always assumed that an outright "no" to league football for sevco would just result in an existing league club being bought over and rebranded as "Rangers" ASAP - surely nothing to stop that happening?

The fact they have no money might be a stumbling block.

Interesting. This was discussed briefly before the SPL vote. Seems like the original plan was to relegate Rangers from the SPL before they voted on the share transfer. That way, the SPL clubs are spared a vote and newco is dumped into Division 1 without the SFL being able to do anything about it.

As far as I know, this wouldn't have worked anyway because the SFL rules don't allow newcos.

So as soon as the oldco was liquidated, the Newco would have had to apply for an SFL vacancy.

I think SFL rules prevent that now.

HENRY McLEISH ON NEWCO RANGERS "My view is that Rangers in SFL 1 would be the best and most serious option. One, to find a home for Rangers and let them find their feet in Scottish football.

"But, the most important point, this will allow us to move on to much bigger issues in Scottish football than the future of Rangers newco.

"In the last season, 28% of all the people going through the turnstiles in Scotland were because of Rangers.

"If you add Celtic figures into that, 60% of all the fan base in Scotland is the Old Firm."

My view on Henry McLeish - You're a cock who has made the change from being a slimy c**t of a politician to being a slimy c**t of an advisor seamlessly.

Can't be arsed going over all the figures, bu,t I've no doubt he consulted the same person that decided to include the night time temperatures when calculating the average temperature in Qatar.

Would they be buying the history to go along with their own and then how do you square the circle?

Seriously though, still needs approval from the leagues.

Embdy else considered the fact that newco just might not get enough votes "to enter the SFL"?

Is that possible?Then they'd become the Govan Globetrotters.

In all this I have always thought that Rangers (in some form) will be playing in the SPL next season. Nothing has happened that makes me doubt this. The fact Club 12 hasn't been decided upon adds to my feeling that this will be the case.

How about this scenario

1) SPL clubs vote 'no' to transfer SPL share from oldco to newco

2) SFL clubs vote 'no' to newco entering into division 1

3) oldco gives share back to SPL, pending liquidation

4) SPL has a unoccupied share

5) SPL clubs vote to give the share to newco

Far fetched?

Pretty sure rules were put in place post-Clydebank to either prevent that outright or require a readmission vote from the SFL. Regardless, it's irrelevant: the only club to even hint at an outright "no" are Clyde, and presumably the matter of who actually owns Sevco and where they're going to get the money to stick it out for a whole season will be on the agenda at this very minute.