Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If everything goes the way the majority of us want (Sevco start the season in Div 3), I hope people are prepared to really get behind their clubs. Attend more games, buy more merchandise, etc. If you happen to have a spare fiver at the end of the month, send it to your club. If you buy the rags that have spouted such pish throughout this saga, ditch them. Put the money into your club.

After all the talk of impending doom and armageddon we have to try our best not to allow Scottish football to get to the position where cockface, regan etc can say 'told you so'.

I said earlier that I have not done many away trips in the past ten years but I intend to put the effort in with the clubs who declared their voting intentions early in the SPL and I am going to make a special effort to get down to Raith, Clyde and Alloa this season too. We don't just need to do it for our own clubs, if we can we need to support the whole of the Scottish game.

ETA before some smarterse pulls me up, my father is a Fifer so I am well aware there is not a place called Raith.

Edited by stonedsailor

There's something I still don't understand, and from my recollection hasn't been answered. The "doomsday" scenario perpetuated by Doncaster et al will apparently result from Rangers not being in the SPL. They want Rangers in the first division, hoping that they will only be out of the SPL for 1 year. May I ask what difference 3 years will make? I for one believe that Rangers will win successive promotions back to the SPL from the third division.

Are the suits trying to tell us that each and every sponsor, the whole Sky deal, will collapse as a result of Rangers not being in the top flight for 3 years? It's not like they're gone forever. Are they honestly trying to tell us that all the sponsors will pull out for those 3 years, and when Rangers eventually do reach the SPL they'll all return again? Why is it beyond the realms of possibility that a slightly reduced package can be negotiated in the interim period, with Sky etc fully aware that they WILL get Rangers back in a relatively short period of time. Then perhaps league reconstruction can take place with this whole sorry mess resolved.

Why is that such a hard thing to grasp? Or am I just naive?

Colin Paterson@CP_acadvertiserI have spoken to Ann Marie Ballantyne. The club received information at 5.30pm that both they and Dundee will need to vote this morning.

Retweeted by Graeme MacphersonExpand

• is this Regan's doing to gerrymander some more votes in favour??

ph34r.gif

lone protester, which P&B'er is it??

https://twitter.com/STVGrant/status/223703658875985922

Edited by rustyarabnuts

SFL votes no to newco or even yes to newco in SFL3.

Bun fight in the room, voting strategically (i.e. intentionally) suspended.

No vote therefore on SPL slot to Dundee/Dunf.

SPL recovene Monday and vote yes to SFA proposal for sevco to be Club 12.

Wouldn't count it out. At least it would bring the whole "rewrite the rule book for rangers" up for public view.

That's my problem. The SPL clubs won't do that. Well, Kilmarnock would, but the rest wouldn't dare.

Spot on. The spl fans on here who think their clubs have shown integrity by voting Rangers out of the spl are deluding themselves. It is their clubs who have caused this. And now the whole sorry mess lands at the door of the sfl clubs who have nothing to do with it. I don't know how today's vote will go but I don't want to see any sanctimonious spl fans coming on here blaming the sfl if it doesnt go the way they want it to.

And what would you have had the SPL chairman do? Vote them back in? They broke the rules. As someone else said had it been Motherwell or ICT it would all be done and dusted already! I'm sick of this! Reason says that they should be in the 3rd, bribery and intimidation (allegedly) means that 3 possibilities are still likely!

I said earlier that I have not done many away trips in the past ten years but I intend to put the effort in with the clubs who declared their voting intentions early in the SPL and I am going to make a special effort to get down to Raith, Clyde and Alloa this season too. We don't just need to do it for our own clubs, if we can we need to support the whole of the Scottish game.

I said yesterday I will go to Clyde next season. I will also go to Ayr. AND I will go back to Stark's Park. This is a measure of how much I respect Turnbull's position. It is very much a journey of forgiveness as Kirkcaldy is the only place I have ever been subject to football violence, having been assaulted by a group of neds leaving the park with my wee brother when the Saints beat RR 3-2? in the late 70s to gain promotion and RR were relegated, so I have never been back since.

And what would you have had the SPL chairman do? Vote them back in? They broke the rules. As someone else said had it been Motherwell or ICT it would all be done and dusted already! I'm sick of this! Reason says that they should be in the 3rd, bribery and intimidation (allegedly) means that 3 possibilities are still likely!

Not humour them by having it go to a vote in the first place, and tell them to apply to Division 3 like any other club would have had to do.

There's something I still don't understand, and from my recollection hasn't been answered. The "doomsday" scenario perpetuated by Doncaster et al will apparently result from Rangers not being in the SPL. They want Rangers in the first division, hoping that they will only be out of the SPL for 1 year. May I ask what difference 3 years will make? I for one believe that Rangers will win successive promotions back to the SPL from the third division.

Are the suits trying to tell us that each and every sponsor, the whole Sky deal, will collapse as a result of Rangers not being in the top flight for 3 years? It's not like they're gone forever. Are they honestly trying to tell us that all the sponsors will pull out for those 3 years, and when Rangers eventually do reach the SPL they'll all return again? Why is it beyond the realms of possibility that a slightly reduced package can be negotiated in the interim period, with Sky etc fully aware that they WILL get Rangers back in a relatively short period of time. Then perhaps league reconstruction can take place with this whole sorry mess resolved.

Rangers are not coming back.....ever....

I cannto see any club that has previously indicated they will vote no changing that stance. To do so would absolutely kill that club IMO. From a Thistle point of view its been obvious for as long as David Beattie has been involved in the club he has wanted a SPL2 or greater promotion but to vote for ZombieRangers into SFL1 would result in so many of us walking away that it would be commercial suicide for the club so he will vote NO to newco in SFL1

just my thoughts on it but surely these so called businessmen can see the way the SPL vote went , can take into account the great statements issued by Clyde, Morton, Ayr and many others are realise the mood in Scottish football is changing , fans have found something to unite us and enable us to put aside rivalries and get stuck into the people ruining the game and we are all trying to get them to look to the future and make the changes we need to return our game to where it should be.

The vote today has to be no to newco, whether thats putting them into SFL3 or denying them membership altogether I dont really care

Good point Stagmaster. Only occasionally buy a tabloid these days, but at 40p or whatever it soon adds up. After the amount of unadulterated propaganda they`ve come out with during this sordid affair i`d rather spend it on my team, or another wee trip at one of the good guys down the ladder!

August 11th -ideal opportunity-

Raith v Hamilton, biggrin.gif

although United have got Raith next saturdaybiggrin.gif

mibbee united should adopt raith as their "wee team"laugh.gif

I said yesterday I will go to Clyde next season. I will also go to Ayr. AND I will go back to Stark's Park. This is a measure of how much I respect Turnbull's position. It is very much a journey of forgiveness as Kirkcaldy is the only place I have ever been subject to football violence, having been assaulted by a group of neds leaving the park with my wee brother when the Saints beat RR 3-2? in the late 70s to gain promotion and RR were relegated, so I have never been back since.

3-1 HB , John Mowat PK clinched it ! :)

Anyone else feeling genuinely nervous about the vote?

Football's been a huge, huge part of my life for over 25 years now and, with a kid on the way, something I was hoping to take him / her along to. Now it all comes down to today and I'm genuinely feeling worried about the whole thing.

There's something I still don't understand, and from my recollection hasn't been answered. The "douomsday" scenario perpetuated by Doncaster et al will apparently result from Rangers not being in the SPL. They want Rangers in the first division, hoping that they will only be out of the SPL for 1 year. May I ask what difference 3 years will make? I for one believe that Rangers will win successive promotions back to the SPL from the third division.

Yes your being naive!!! As has been shown conclusively earlier on here on many many many occasions newco cannot survive for three years on sfl income. It's unlikely they can manage one certainly not three. The suits know this which is why they're trying to push them up the pyramid by any means necessary.

Well exactly... which is why some of them want to change the voting proposals and/or add amendments. They are not stupid enough to vote on a set of proposals that hand the decision making to their Chief Execs which is an interesting place for a board to be! They are entitled to ask for clarity, this is a vote not a court case.

But they can't add amendments without giving 14 days notice

Not humour them by having it go to a vote in the first place, and tell them to apply to Division 3 like any other club would have had to do.

So exactly the same as the SFL are doing, given that today has nothing to do with the normal application process.

The only outcome possible from today is Newco in Div 3.

After that, we will see what happens. I still think it's very unlikely that NewRangers will start next season in Division 3.

Agreed.

One of the most puzzling things about this is why Dundee haven't been confirmed as Club 12 yet. They were told they couldn't vote today, which made no sense as Rangers are already out of the SPL. Unless the SFA are worried about a legal challenge from the Pars. Now I'm reading today that all 30 clubs have to vote, no abstentions. Again, that can't be right, clubs can abstain, unless they're trying to drum up as many Yes votes as possible. We know where Ballantyne's sympathies lie.

Once the SFL vote is confirmed that Rangers go to the Third Division, I can only see two scenarios:

SPL2 immediately, with Dundee, Dunfermline and Falkirk up; Rangers in SPL2. Which would explain the above delay. "Fixtures meltdown". That would be staggering at such short notice.

Rangers suspended for a year, which would neatly take in the SFA punishment on the disrepute charge, and give them time to sort out SPL1&2 for next season.

Staggering again, as suddenly plans for SPFL, and a great future for the Scottish game, are abandoned for something completely different, with the SFL shafted. AGAIN.

God, all this is down to one club. Let's hope some good comes out of it. I genuinely believe that the SFA fear for the top flight, and don't just want to save Rangers. They are terrified, in fact.

Anyone else feeling genuinely nervous about the vote?

Football's been a huge, huge part of my life for over 25 years now and, with a kid on the way, something I was hoping to take him / her along to. Now it all comes down to today and I'm genuinely feeling worried about the whole thing.

I feel exactly the same way Gaz. I don't want to have to walk away from Scottish Football but there's a chance I might have too.

Old Rangers asked for their SPL share to be transferred to newco. Who would you like to have taken this decision? Cockwomble? The 6 man SPL board? The fact is the SPL HAD to consider this request, they did and 10 of them voted against it.