Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'll take February. After the transfer window and all ;)

Who exactly will be left to sell at that point :D

Edited by wunfellaff

"From what i've seen, the MLS is a higher standard than the Scotch Premier League..."

He's obviously a kunt of the highest magnitude. I also live in the US and can tell you the MLS is utter amateur guff. Most of them cant dribble for shit and haven't a clue what to do when they get inside the box and sky the ball over the bar. Its painful viewing.

What is WWE????? :unsure: A WWF offshoot? Plus he is called 'Wade' :lol:

"From what i've seen, the MLS is a higher standard than the Scotch Premier League..."

He's obviously a kunt of the highest magnitude. I also live in the US and can tell you the MLS is utter amateur guff. Most of them cant dribble for shit and haven't a clue what to do when they get inside the box and sky the ball over the bar. Its painful viewing.

The best game I was at last season was Vancouver Whitecaps against Columbus crew, the standard was way better than most SPL games I attended last year and I would doubt if any of our team would get a game in the MLS.

Yes the Whitecaps games were a joke a few years ago but not now.

He seems like a pretty good guy to me.

And he's not wrong. The MLS is a higher standard than the SPL, I don't think there's really any question of that. But read what he's saying, he's winding up morons.

It isn't especially bad for Scottish football it would however be terminal for newco..and fairly quickly too. Regan doncaster etc seem to think it's more important to save newco than do their actual jobs

Thanks. Now I feel justified in wishing nothing but failure on the SFA/SPL. In fact, they are coming out of this worse than Rangers now.

I think Rangers would bounce back, eventually, so what's the big deal? Maybe in the minority here, but I'd be happy for them to be humbled in the Third Division. I don't want to see them vanish altogether. That would be too swift. Years of suffering is much more fun.

SAINTS skipper Jim Goodwin last night urged lower league clubs to help save Scottish football from financial meltdown ... by voting the newco Rangers into the First Division.

The 30 clubs that make up the Scottish Football League are due to meet at Hampden tomorrow to vote on proposals that could either parachute the stricken Ibrox outfit into the second tier or send them tumbling all the way down to the Third Division.

There have been warnings that the doomsday scenario of banishing the Light Blues to the Third Division would have a huge financial impact – not just on SPL clubs such as St Mirren but also on Scottish football as a whole.

Multi-million pound deals with the likes of broadcasters Sky would be at risk if Rangers faced at least three years out of the top flight.

Now midfielder Goodwin is hoping the SFL clubs will decide that demotion to the First Division is punishment enough for the Ibrox club.

He told Express Sports: “There’s no getting away from the fact there has been mismanagement at Rangers and you can’t just brush it under the carpet.

“They have to be punished – and I’d say the same thing if it was Celtic who were involved – but do we send them to the Third Division? I’m not so sure.

“If we do that, the game could be in serious financial bother. What sells our game across the world are the Old Firm fixtures and, if we lose them for years on end, we will have lost a big selling point.

“No matter what way you look at it, the Scottish game needs a Celtic and a Rangers, so maybe putting Rangers into the First Division may not be a bad thing.

“There’s talk of league reconstruction too and, in my opinion, the best option might be to put Rangers in Division One and see how we go from there.”

Goodwin also admits that he’ll miss having the chance to take on Rangers next season as he has relished his visits to Ibrox in the past.

He added: “It’s a real shame that St Mirren won’t be playing Rangers next season because the games against the Old Firm clubs are the first ones you look for when the league fixtures come out.”

The Irish midfielder reckons the demise of Rangers will also be a disappointment for St Mirren’s new recruits.

He said: “Players like Lewis Guy and Jon Robertson will have been looking forward to playing against Rangers but now, through no fault of their own, that chance has been taken away from them, which is a real shame.

“I just hope that the powers-that-be can reach some sort of consensus to allow Scottish football to move forward.”

<_<

One thing I don't understand... If the 'Armageddon' scenario is nonsense; fabricated and without substance (and I for one am willing to believe it is a gross exaggeration and that those who are promulgating this know it), then WHY rip the very fabric of Scottish Football to install Newco? If this is a fabrication then money can't be the true root cause. It can't be 'the betterment of the game' because the game becomes a sham and everybody knows it. To prevent social disorder? To preserve The Quo and keep the balcony bouncing? To save face? To preserve MI5 deep-cover agents? To fulfill a plan that started even before administration? This needs a good interrogative book and i for one will pay my 17/6 when it comes out (subject to Home Office and MOD granting its clearance).

I watched about 30 minutes of a MLS game the other day - think it was New England Revolution - NY Red Bull. The quality of football was not dissimilar to SPL football from the last season.

I've caught a few matches over the last few seasons and can't say there was much in it. It certainly wasn't any worse from what I've seen.

So Jimbo Goodwin is demanding that Rangers be placed in the 1st division, the guy has a bloody cheek.

Will nobody think of the sporting integrity? WE MUST UPHOLD THE INTEGRITY AT ALL COSTS!!!!

The World Wildlife Fund sued them a few years back and they had to change the name.

:blink: I was not aware of that, but then again I don't follow vaudeville..........

ps, re Goodwin , yer right. knobber!