Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Are you hinting with your 8) that Brown is placing himself firmly in the "f**k Sevco" corner?

secretly he admires themcool.gif

but i was pointing out the journos habits of making htings up as they go along.

all he said in the article, was that he sees united as strong challengers to cellick and St Johnstone have a strong squad as well, never actuall said the saintees were title contenders laugh.gif

I've seen a few places saying Queen's Park are a definite no... Have I missed a statement? I've not seen anything about their intentions at all?

I was wondering this too, is there any source for this?

"Promoted Dumbarton, who previously announced that a poll of members and supporters showed a majority in favour of Rangers joining them in Division One, now say they will not necessarily be bound by that."

wtf?? ohmy.gifohmy.gif

It was based on a poll at an open meeting, however the big scary argument presented to the meeting (SPL can withold Settlement) was then debunked, and a poll of the Trust members was against?

However, they're not "No's", either.

East Stirlingshire have decided - but not announcing decision.

http://www.eaststirlingshirefc.com/2012/07/12/sfl-special-general-meeting/

The board of directors of East Stirlingshire Football Club understands and appreciates the interest in the Special General Meeting of the SFL from our own fans, the wider football community and from the media.We have listened to the views of our own loyal supporters where they have been expressed and have taken them on board and we wish to thank them for their contributions.

The board would also like to thank those supporters of other teams who have taken the time to send e-mails with their thoughts on the situation. Everyone who has done so can be assured their comments have been read and noted.

The club also appreciates the interest from the written and broadcast media.

We are now in a position where we will have to decide how to cast our votes. However, we will not be disclosing any information on how the board may vote in this matter prior to the meeting.

Once all the votes have been cast and all the issues have been settled the board will issue a full statement via this website explaining its position and how its decisions were arrived at.

Until then there will be no further comment.

No-one's actually come out and broken down in financial terms how Rangers in the Third Division is bad for Scottish football, unless I've missed it. Not that £16m loss shite, take it or leave it.

Am I being naive here. If the fans were given more information on the financial implications, we might trust the SFA/SPL a bit more. But no, it's all up in the clouds somewhere, like rain. It may fall, it may not.

Assuming it's the TV money, because surely any loss at the gate cannot be that huge.

Not Sevco related, but WWE wrestler Wade Barrett is doing a glorious job of trolling Celtic fans on Twitter right now. :lol:

https://twitter.com/WadeBarrett

"From what i've seen, the MLS is a higher standard than the Scotch Premier League..."

He's obviously a kunt of the highest magnitude. I also live in the US and can tell you the MLS is utter amateur guff. Most of them cant dribble for shit and haven't a clue what to do when they get inside the box and sky the ball over the bar. Its painful viewing.

snapback.pngKyle, on 12 July 2012 - 15:55, said:

I've seen a few places saying Queen's Park are a definite no... Have I missed a statement? I've not seen anything about their intentions at all?

<br style="font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.600000381469727px; background-color: rgb(253, 253, 253); ">

I was wondering this too, is there any source for this?

Queen's Park made their statement 145 years ago. It would be a betrayal of their entire history if they were to assist a professional team to buy their way into a position in the SFL which they have not earned.

rolleyes.gif

Granny you are quite right. Once Houston gets his MBA like you and me ( and Cockwomble) he can run Scottish Football!

I am sure he is only speaking as a Rangers fan, not the manager of your lot. And of course he couldn't be speaking as another over earning Scottish football personality who doesnt want to have his earnings reduced on a new contract to levels consistent with any new financial reality that United have to embrace. Could he?

We'll just give him a decent boo and some offensive insults from the main stand at Dens on Saturday!

That's a pity because I'm sure if it wasn't for the newco comments you would be cheering and applauding him as a successful SPL manager who has led the team to win the Scottish cup, achieve high placed league positions, led us into Europe........ :P

Edited by Granny Danger

No-one's actually come out and broken down in financial terms how Rangers in the Third Division is bad for Scottisgh football, unless I've missed it. Not that £16m loss shite, take it or leave it.

Am I being naive here. If the fans were given more information on the financial implications, we might trust the SFA/SPL a bit more. But no, it's all up in the clouds somewhere, like rain. It may fall, it may not.

Assuming it's the TV money, because surely any loss at the gate cannot be that huge.

It isn't especially bad for Scottish football it would however be terminal for newco..and fairly quickly too. Regan doncaster etc seem to think it's more important to save newco than do their actual jobs

Meanwhile at Vichy Rangers HQ - Firhill- NOTHING BUT SILENCE. God its eerie in here!!

Well they better get their NO statement in soon, as Firhill will be quite a fair few away fans less (myself included) next season if they don't

Dumbarton is already off the list, but it looks like they might have a change of heart after all (wise move if you ask me)