Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

OK so the vote tomorrow, is that the vote to bump them to Div 1 or the vote for SFL membership?

Is there any chance of Sevco not being voted into the SFL, is that even going to be an option on the ballot (or whatever)?

Ho ho ho

If that's the case then Division 1 is a no go.

To be fair. I read that a few weeks ago, it could be wrong... or the authorities could've moved the goalposts again.

was the vote not along the lines that a simple majority was needed simply to allow SFL assosciate membership, but that the amendment allowing for div 3, or division 1 subject to negotiations, needed a 2/3 majority? in that case, regardless of how the 1st vote goes, there is surely now no chance of division 1 being allowed? My understanding was that if that amendment failed, a new question would have to be put to the table, in order to even let them play in division 3.

However I fully expect major revelations in all red tops tomorrow and a last desperate attempt by doncaster and regan to bulldoze this through. My gut feeling is this will be further delayed, as will the start of the season, until it emerges Rangers can't put a team together and there will be 41 clubs when the season starts, and this will be swept away until next season.

After the SPL vote I was happily looking forward to the new season. More than I have for a while.

The whole 'sevco to SFL1' debacle then had me going in the opposite direction. Possibly turning my back on Scottish football for ever.

Now I am starting to feel optimistic again. Not quite as excited as I had been but getting there.

Just have a wee niggle about what crap will be tried next.

They were thrown out of the cup for scoring less goals than us - ridiculous punishment!

And apparently if you don't like Rangers that automatically makes you a Bigot :lol:

Leggo ©

Phil MacGiollaBhain@PmacgiollabhainThe mood is one of "bravado" inside Sevco this morning regarding entry to SFL1. They are V confident.

Expand

Whistling by the graveyard?

The Sevco fans want Division three, although I do believe that is more to do with them wanting to claim victory when they are dumped down there than actually wanting to do the right thing, but Sevco owners know that Division three means certain death to their brand new club.

All the threats from Doncaster et al smack of desperation to save Sevco, they are on their knees begging now offering everything that they can think of in order to bribe everyone into accepting their way.

What they seem to have forgotten is that when Sevco are decomposing in division three the power will have shifted and the other clubs will force through whatever changes to the running of the game they see fit.

Sevco may be buoyant about this vote but they have been buoyant about every decision that has been made to date and so far their only victory was overturning the player registration embargo, which they are now offering to accept as a bribe to be allowed into division one. Sevco are f*cked.

Phil MacGiollaBhain@PmacgiollabhainThe mood is one of "bravado" inside Sevco this morning regarding entry to SFL1. They are V confident.

Expand

Whistling by the graveyard?

Why are they very confident? By all accounts the vote is going to go massively against them. Could it possibly be that the outcome has already been decided DESPITE the vote. TBH I firmly believe that the decision for Div 1 (and much more besides) has already been made. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but the entire tactic so far by the SFA has been to drive a Chieftan Tank the wrong way up a one way street.