Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just emailed my club wishing them good luck and to do the right thight tommorrow.

Its been fun watching the near melt down of the Daily Old Firm Record the last couple of days. Poor old jorno's must have had hard time trying to keep up retyping out all of the PR guff that was being phoned in by SPL/Charles Green people. As of tommorrow they might actually have to write about the scottish game properly, a few of them might actually start trying to cultivate the wider audience and have whole articles that dont mention "Old Firm" at all. I hope that after tommorrow we can all get behind our game, that the media will do its best to encourage people to get back to their clubs and go to games. If they dont their papers will shrivel even more.

After tommorrow lets all get positive about our game.

They shouldn't even be voting on this shit, was there a vote to admit Annan into the league or was that based purely on the strength of their application?

Annan were one of 5 clubs who applied for the vacancy when Gretna fell off the edge. There were a couple of voting rounds (ditching the losers) until Annan got a majority

^^^^^^^^^ this..........maybe a wee bit hard on Santa, though I caught the b*****d kissing ma mum.

Yeh sorry about that.just had to empty my sacks ! tongue.gif

hope you liked the bike though cool.gif

All the points you make about "punishments" are good ones, but this last part is a revisionist view of how many observers looked on (and you only need to examine the early pages of this thread to see it). Any attempt to shoehorn the newco into the SPL, even if McCoist came out and said, "sorry guys, our bad", would have been resisted by fans.

There's no way at all the newco would or should have been admitted to the SPL, even with a massive dose of humility - and this is fair, just, and entirely correct.

Aye, it would have been resisted by fans, but probably we'd have been ignored. Sally and Wullie Pullar's continued allegations, threats, demands for special treatment and general railing against the unfairness of it all wasn't the best PR extravaganza you'll see mind. And as for the Powerpoint presentation to the SPL clubs (that back page) - talk about misjudging your audience laugh.giflaugh.gif

According to STV Elgin City have joined Peterhead & Aberdeen in the North-East Says NO camp :D

In more shocking news as well as Rangers being banned from Europe would everybody please note that I have been banned from the Olympic 100m event. The fact it would take me about 197seconds including breather and Stella stop half way down the track to complete the 100m meaning that I do not meet the qualifying standards of the IOC & the British Olympic team is irrelevant.

They may claim I cannot compete as I do not qualify as being unfit to be in the competition(and generally unfit) I see it as a ban and a punishment - Its a chonspiracy I say.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Elgin can be added to the list of heroes.

http://www.elgincity.com/

The Directors of Elgin City Football Club have continued to discuss the present crisis facing Scottish Football and have carefully weighed up all the possible scenarios and their outcomes both for Scottish Football and Elgin City FC as a viable club.

The club have reached the decision that it cannot support the proposal for Rangers Newco to be directly admitted to Division 1 but will support entry to SFL Division 3 in season 2012 / 2013. The Board thanks the supporters and other interested parties who took time to express their views to the Club during this testing time for the future of our game.

Arbroath, Peterhead, Elgin all one-after-the-other this morning. A pre-coordinated volley, perchance?

Why is the word "revolt" used in that article?

That's usually a word associated with the situation when you decide you DON'T want to abide by the rules as they are already written. To my mind, it's the SFL Board's proposal that is actually the revolting (see what I did there? ) position.

Aye, that's a good point as well, it's like when the majority of clubs opposed to 10-team SPL were labelled "rebels" :lol:.

If you're advocating the status quo, and you're in the majority, how on earth can you be "rebels" or "revolting"? Beggars belief.

Elgin statement

"The Directors of Elgin City Football Club have continued to discuss the present crisis facing Scottish Football and have carefully weighed up all the possible scenarios and their outcomes both for Scottish Football and Elgin City FC as a viable club.

The club have reached the decision that it cannot support the proposal for Rangers Newco to be directly admitted to Division 1 but will support entry to SFL Division 3 in season 2012 / 2013. The Board thanks the supporters and other interested parties who took time to express their views to the Club during this testing time for the future of our game."

Re the Dundee situation.

Surely they have to vote on this matter. What happens if they don't vote, Dunfermline vote Newco for the 3rd and then Dunfermline are asked to re-join the SPL or even worse the Newco are admitted into the SPL. Dundee would rightly feel agrieved at not voting AND getting shafted.

All clubs stand to lose or gain by this according the the proposals, so therefore all clubs should be voting.

http://www.elgincity.com/

Arbroath, Peterhead, Elgin all one-after-the-other this morning. A pre-coordinated volley, perchance?

Aye, that's a good point as well, it's like when the majority of clubs opposed to 10-team SPL were labelled "rebels" :lol:.

If you're advocating the status quo, and you're in the majority, how on earth can you be "rebels" or "revolting"? Beggars belief.

The confusion arises from the use of Scottish media English rather than actual English.

Majority view would normally mean the view held by the most - in SME, it means "Celtic and/or Rangers".

HTH

Does anybody know the amount of votes Sevco need to get into Division 1? Is it just 51%?

I thought they needed 75% for div 1 and 50% (up against other applicants) for 3rd div.

Re the Dundee situation.

Surely they have to vote on this matter. What happens if they don't vote, Dunfermline vote Newco for the 3rd and then Dunfermline are asked to re-join the SPL or even worse the Newco are admitted into the SPL. Dundee would rightly feel agrieved at not voting AND getting shafted.

All clubs stand to lose or gain by this according the the proposals, so therefore all clubs should be voting.

About the only concession Longmuir gave in an interview yesterday (see STV website) was that "arguably all 30 clubs have an interest in what happens" or something like that. Perhaps all 30 will vote.