Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Regan / Doncaster "Aw pleeease let Newco into the 1st Division. Aw puuuleeeeasse, aw go on, go on, will ye will ye? Look, here's some nice shiney things we might give you. You like them dont you? Yes *nods* we thought that, you'd like them a lot wouldnt you. If you dont you'll be in big twubble....Aw go on, pleeeeeeeeeeease let them in, aw please aw pretty pleee...

SFL "Haw.....Gonnae no dae that"

Regan / Doncaster "How?"

SFL "Jist......gonnae no"

Is there some kind of secret competition going on to see who can sink the lowest?

We've gone from lies to bribes to threats and we're now looking at lets just not vote because we're going to lose. Its utterly shambolic and disgraceful

Aye, it's sunk towards debauched political shenanagins.

Ah, Mr McLeish, welcome.

You can split the camps into two:

1. People who put money into Scottish football - the club chairmen/owners and us, the fans. I do not include the commercail sponsors because they are only funding something that they are getting a return from, their is nothing altruistic in their actions and they have no loyalty.

2. People who take money out of Scottish football - the 'pundits', players, managers, administrators, newpaper publishers and 'journalists' - self interest is their motivating factor.

Whilst I recognise the club chairmen and owners are under a great deal of pressure I am convinced, if left to their own devices, they would do the right thing. I believe they understand the sporting integrity issue and agree with it. The view of the overwhelming majority of the fans is well known.

So the people who take money out of the game are trying to dictate to the people who put money into the game, then criticise and belittle them when they won't dance to their tune.

Excellent way to view who is who, and their motivations.

Of course club owners/chairmen fall into 2 camps those who put money in (the vast majority) and those who take money out like David Murray and others of that ilk.

The elephant in the room not mentioned are the agents. They do self interest in spades. A couple of them appear on the Rangers creditors list (check the amounts! ohmy.gif) and then there is Willie McKay. The agent with long established good professional working relationships with Walter, Ally, Souness and D Murray.

A couple of years ago agents took around £20million out of Scottish clubs.

I would happily pay wee Chic a few grand to organise a football match against the agents, as long as he is playing and is in killer mode. ohmy.giflaugh.gif

While on the role of agents, I was having lunch with an agent last year during the close season. (yes I do mix with some strange people). And no it wasn't succulent lamb, more like a steak bake from Greggs.

He received a phone call from a well kent journalist from a Scottish red top.

'Any stories for me?'

'Nope, there's nothing happening'.

Then a discussion about deals being negotiated but these were going to be signings for the diddy clubs, so he wasn't interested.

Then the 'journalist' said 'Can't you make something up for me (but it had to be about someone going to or moving on from Celtic or Rangers)'. He confirmed it was a slow news day!

Everytime I read a redtop and 'rumours' about someone signing or leaving I always think if this is another story after such a telephone conversation.

To be fair to the agent he didn't play the game, despite my attempts to feed him nonsense stories biggrin.gif

While on the role of agents, I was having lunch with an agent last year during the close season. (yes I do mix with some strange people). And no it wasn't succulent lamb, more like a steak bake from Greggs.

He received a phone call from a well kent journalist from a Scottish red top.

'Any stories for me?'

'Nope, there's nothing happening'.

Then a discussion about deals being negotiated but these were going to be signings for the diddy clubs, so he wasn't interested.

Then the 'journalist' said 'Can't you make something up for me (but it had to be about someone going to or moving on from Celtic or Rangers)'. He confirmed it was a slow news day!

Everytime I read a redtop and 'rumours' about someone signing or leaving I always think if this is another story after such a telephone conversation.

To be fair to the agent he didn't play the game, despite my attempts to feed him nonsense stories biggrin.gif

Golfing buddy (ex-heid honcho at STV in the days of Scotsport and an amazing contact book) was very friendly with Gerry McNee.

McNee would start his day, every day, with an early morning round of phone calls to managers, asst. managers, owners, players, agents and administrators. I would assume this still goes on but maybe not to the same extent, given new media.

It's just the way these guys work.

As for Willie McKay, don't get me started................................... :angry:

if as the vast majority of us get what we want and the ex-Rangers/Sevco 5088/Sevco Scotland/ The Green Rangers or whatever they are called end in SFL3 I hope every fan of every club in the SPL, SFL2 & SFL 2 has the tagline 'look out below' added to every comment for next season

If you said Servco FC in Division 1 then we're ALL out......for good, Theo !

something akin to Gerard Ratner saying they sell shite and being surprised that £500m was written off their share price as a result !

Ther was an article in Abmad agreed with your analogy:

""At an Institute of Directors dinner in 1991 Gerald Ratner said this of his extremely successful Jeweller's business:

"We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap."

His business collapsed almost overnight and PR faux pas have been labelled "Ratner moments" ever since. The point is that, in playing to his audience, he was oblivious to his customer's self esteem and indeed their aspiration to be the type of person who might own Ratner style jewellery products (what else can we call them) and he just didn't see that this would turn his customers away. Fast forward to June 2012 and the "business" of Scottish football.""

One of the shameful aspects of Doncaster, Regan and the MSM is their continual badmouthing of game.

Edited by Fasda

HibeeJibee

R.e. last nights queries about Brechin, looks like they're voting Yes, easily convinced by vague restructuring "promises".

More fool them mad.gif

Hopefully the promises last longer than Doncaster and Regan in their jobs. huh.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

and wait untill enough chairmen toe the SPL/SFA party line? why not? everything is possible to bring about their vision.

SFL1 winners 2012-2013 Rangers 2012 FC

But they'll need to bite the bullet and have a vote at some point, in the very near future, as the league seasons start in three-four weeks time, so delaying just makes our desired outcome more likely, as the SFL chairman will get more and more determined as they are being more and more pissed off.

Ther was an article in Abmad agreed with your analogy:

""At an Institute of Directors dinner in 1991 Gerald Ratner said this of his extremely successful Jeweller's business:

"We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap."

His business collapsed almost overnight and PR faux pas have been labelled "Ratner moments" ever since. The point is that, in playing to his audience, he was oblivious to his customer's self esteem and indeed their aspiration to be the type of person who might own Ratner style jewellery products (what else can we call them) and he just didn't see that this would turn his customers away. Fast forward to June 2012 and the "business" of Scottish football.""

One of the shameful aspects of Doncaster, Regan and the MSM is their continual badmouthing of game.

I worked for H Samuel Jewellers (then part of the Ratners group) at the time and the business just melted away. It was horrible. I met Ratner a few times when he toured the troops and the guy was extremely energising. he would leave feeling great about yourself. Unfortunately a jike that backfired spectacularly. As foe Newco, they have people who have a vested interest in keeping corruption going.

Back in the UK for a few weeks, so I thought I'd buy the Record. Aside from McLeish's rather vague ramblings, the article on Page 8 by Mark McGivern seems to struggle with the idea that nobidy's going to pay full value for Rangers when they've got £148 billion of debts. It's basically 1000 words on "how come nobody paid £110 million for Carlos Bocanegra?".

In other news, Andy Murray went to see Mock the Week, and a policewoman sent a text. Great paper IMO.