Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think we're all seriously overlooking the massive Elephant in the room which is Giovanni Di Stefano and his bid to transfer the Rangers corpse to England.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-813377

The Rangers Football (PLC) can play and is eligible to play in England subject to the admission by either the Premier League or the Football League

By OnlinePubCo | Posted 9 minutes ago | UK

Yet another twist in the Rangers never ending story.

“The Rangers Football (PLC) can play and is eligible to play in England subject to the admission by either the Premier League or the Football League,” said the Devil’s Advocate Giovanni Di Stefano after a telephone conversation with the English Football association.

Di Stefano has contended that since 1885 The Rangers Football Club then an un-incorporated was admitted into membership of the English Football Association. In order to ascertain exactly the current position Di Stefano took the unusual step of writing to David Bernstein the FA Chairman.

But in a telephone conversation to the Football association today Di Stefano obtained the answer he was expecting.

Di Stefano contends that The Rangers Football Club PLC is still a company “capable of being acquired and still retains the inherent rights of admission either to the SPL/the SFL or even better probably the English Football Association league structure.”

Di Stefano contends that since the assets of The Rangers Football Club PLC were acquired by millionaire businessman Charles Green and his company Sevco 5088 Ltd that left The Rangers Football Club PLC a “a simple corporate shell.”

At a meeting of creditors (CVA) the main creditor HMRC rejected any deal on accepting a lesser amount for the £80 million plus the tax authorities’ claim is owed. Di Stefano however, contends that the liabilities of The Rangers Football Club PLC are either “contingent” or “possible annulled because HMRC rejected the CVA,” he said.

“Whichever, looking at this objectively you have a corporate shell that may, just may, be deemed solvent because it has no assets but also only contingent liabilities at worst or no liabilities at best,” he said.

The question of admission to the English League is now a matter that rests upon decisions taken by the Premier League or the Football League.

“My aim has always been to give Rangers an alternative. I have offered to acquire The Rangers Football Club PLC in order to turn the company over to its supporters if they form some kind of legal vehicle. I cannot stand idle by and watch the history of football wither away and be erased because a few silly people made steps longer than their legs. The Rangers Football Club PLC is only in administration and a unique situation has now occurred. I have no problems buying the shell company it is actually worth on paper zero but with the new option of playing in the English Premier League or the Football League may well be something the supporters approve,” said Di Stefano.

Di Stefano has made clear he would neither accept or seek any kind of role in the day to day activities of The Rangers Football Club PLC if it were permitted Premier League, Football League or SPL/SFA because “I am a Dundee man and in any case I do not even know the offside rule and thus cannot consider myself remotely eligible for the day to day adventures of football. After my illness in 2010 I doubt I could give physically my all to this kind of venture but that does not mean I cannot identify a fantastic deal and take it to its conclusion,” he said.

The option is now threefold. The Receivers can apply to the Premier League or the Football League in England; Sevco 5088 Ltd can possible apply but that options seems unlikely since the company that has the right to apply to the Premier League and Football League is only The Rangers Football Club PLC or anyone that acquired the shell company can apply.

The magical mystery tour of options seems never ending and with only days remaining prior to the SFL voting on Sevco 5088 Ltd being granted Div.1 status without sanctions time is now of the essence.

:lol:

Not that long ago. Less than 20 years ago no league matches in Scotland were televised LIVE at all...ever! Highlights were shown on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon/evening. Not even last day league deciders were shown LIVE when they occurred (which was often). Only Scottish Cup Finals were televised LIVE. Clubs didn't face administration or liquidation and the Scottish International team rarely ever failed to qualify for World Cup Finals. This proves that Scottish football back then without TV income was of a much higher quality than it is today. dry.gif It is only since the advent of LIVE television and signing too many foreign players that Scottish clubs have found themselves debt-laden and in financial trouble!The rot began when David Murray took over Rangers.

Correctamundo. Back in the good old days of Jim Farry and Ernie Walker, if Lumphinan Violet were playing Young Boys of Cardenden in the Deepest Darkest Fife League Div.3 on a Wednesday night, it meant we couldn't get to see Dundee Yinitit / Aberdeen v. Some Euro Crap on TV.

Them were the days.

Have they threatened to boycott their club and return their Season Tickets or will they boycott clubs that have succumbed to the blackmail and bullying.

Seems to me that matters have yet to run their course so that seems premature to expect of an SPL Club's Association - seems to me Friday looks far from a defeat for the diddys as yet, with most people seeing through the empty threats and only two sheister Clubs and their fans running in fear of SPL2 which has no chance of happening.

I can't get over your tirade against others in here. If I was a Dumbarton or Stenhousemuir fan this week I'd be hiding my head in shame of my Club's position.

I've only ever been to Dumbarton once. Don't remember much about the game but theDumbarton supporters were the ugliest bunch of fans I have ever seen. I also read that Dumbarton has the highest incidence of male impotence in the world. Maybe that's why you're such a cretinous little man.

Whats wrong don't you like it when your made to be the bad guys when you have done nothing wrong. Maybe you should review what you have said about Dumbarton FC and its supporters. Time for reflection I think.

It's your club chairman that is doing it, along with the SPL Clubs.

Last time I checked EBT payments, dual contracts, tax evasion, match fixing, invading Iraq, cutting down the rain forests had nothing to do with Dumbarton FC.

CLUB STATEMENT 07 July 2012

Dundee United would like to acknowledge with sincere thanks the considerable backing the Club has received from supporters, sponsors and other loyal customers during the recent period of unprecedented turmoil in Scottish football.

Following this week's vote against Rangers newco being admitted into the SPL, it is the Board's belief that the SFA and the SFL should now be left to decide where the Rangers newco should play next season. It is important that these bodies are allowed to make this decision without any pressure from the SPL or its member clubs. Dundee United will respect their decision and look forward to now concentrating on our own football ambitions for the season ahead.

Chairman Stephen Thompson said "The relationship between the United fans and the Club has always been extremely close but this recent situation has helped us to develop an even stronger bond and, with over 4,000 season ticket sales to date, the signs of belief and support amongst our fans are hugely encouraging and very welcome".

"This coming season will undoubtedly be financially challenging but we all want to continue making progress both on and off the field. Thank you for your wonderful support, particularly during the last few weeks, and please continue to play your part by backing the Club in every way you can."

I take it you missed this. Or ignored it since it doesn't fit your point of view?

Last time I checked EBT payments, dual contracts, tax evasion, match fixing, invading Iraq, cutting down the rain forests had nothing to do with Dumbarton FC.

Is it not only the We Are The People crowd who involve themselves in and condone such activities? dry.gif If i am wrong, feel free to correct me and post some evidence to back it up...preferably some credible evidence.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Presumably there's a moral conflict of interest, if not a legal one. People don't buy shares in football clubs to make money - I have shares in Falkirk (I admit there is a difference as they're not publicly traded) but it's for sentimentality and a way of giving some more cash to the club. It's therefore not unreasonable to assume that there is quite the likelihood that this director bought shares in Rangers because he's a fan.

If you have to ask if there is a conflict of interest, then there is one. Should be the basis of any decisions in this area.

As you say people don't buy shares in a football club to make money. So why did this Berwick director buy them? Not to do with how much or how many, but why?

Whats wrong don't you like it when your made to be the bad guys when you have done nothing wrong. Maybe you should review what you have said about Dumbarton FC and its supporters. Time for reflection I think.

Is it true that everyone in Dumbarton plays the banjo and that the local currency is the groat?

It's your club chairman that is doing it, along with the SPL Clubs.

St Mirren statement. Are you telling me outright that our chairman is a liar?

As you will now be aware St Mirren Football Club today voted against the application by the Rangers NewCo to be admitted to the SPL. This vote was part of an overwhelming rejection of the application by the SPL member clubs. It will now be left for the SFA and SFL collectively to decide where the Rangers NewCo will play its football next season.

Those organisations will make their decision in due course without any pressure from the SPL or its member clubs and we will fully respect whatever decision they make.

We now hope that the St Mirren support will get fully behind the Club and team as we prepare for the new season and start once again to focus on football matters.

Stewart Gilmour

Chairman

If the SPL cut off the payment to the SFL due to Rangers being in Division 3, then surely there would be a TV deal of some sort for SFL coverage which would be worth at least £60k to each club?

Another bluff by Doncaster. The payment made annually to the SFL is not termed the "Perpetual Agreement" for nothing. It is legally binding on the SPL. If SPL plc say they can no longer afford to pay it, then it is obvious their outgoings must be exceeding their incomings - ie they are effectively insolvent - and the SFL should apply to the CoS to place the company (the SPL) into administration. How sweet would that be? :lol: :lol:

Edited by Mabawsa_Ritchie

Correctamundo. Back in the good old days of Jim Farry and Ernie Walker, if Lumphinan Violet were playing Young Boys of Cardenden in the Deepest Darkest Fife League Div.3 on a Wednesday night, it meant we couldn't get to see Dundee Yinitit / Aberdeen v. Some Euro Crap on TV.

Them were the days.

laugh.gif

I remember them well good sir.

I can't really figure out what's going on (due to being too lazy/busy to read everything really).

At the moment what devision are the 'New Rangers' likely to be in next season? Also, when will it actually be decided?

Apologies if those are really silly questions.

I take it you missed this. Or ignored it since it doesn't fit your point of view?

He is on the SPL Board whose proposal was presented to the SFL by Doncaster actions speak louder than words. Who is being niave here Dumbarton for beleiving the threats or SPL Fans for believing their clubs have nothing to do with it. Both I would say.

I can't really figure out what's going on (due to being too lazy/busy to read everything really).

At the moment what devision are the 'New Rangers' likely to be in next season? Also, when will it actually be decided?

Apologies if those are really silly questions.

Rangers are being admitted to La Liga on condition all their fans become fluent in Catalan by the start of the season.

St Mirren statement. Are you telling me outright that our chairman is a liar?

As you will now be aware St Mirren Football Club today voted against the application by the Rangers NewCo to be admitted to the SPL. This vote was part of an overwhelming rejection of the application by the SPL member clubs. It will now be left for the SFA and SFL collectively to decide where the Rangers NewCo will play its football next season.

Those organisations will make their decision in due course without any pressure from the SPL or its member clubs and we will fully respect whatever decision they make.

We now hope that the St Mirren support will get fully behind the Club and team as we prepare for the new season and start once again to focus on football matters.

Stewart Gilmour

Chairman

What's Doncaster doing in their meetings then? That's the bit that doesn't quite stack-up for me. If SPL clubs really are sitting idly by and not wanting to frighten SFL, why are't they reining their CEO in?