Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I read your original post carefully, and while there were some sensible points, I couldn't get past one line that is constantly trotted out by Rangers fans.

"We have been punished enough".

Please explain how.

A ten point penalty for going into admin. A fine which has effectively been written off due to the impending liquidation. Those are the only actual penalties which have (so far) been imposed.

Is this a suitable punishment for a club which has stolen nearly £100m from the public purse? I chose the word "stolen" deliberately - there was no effort ever made to pay that money, and with impending liquidation, there never will be.

Is it a suitable punishment for a club which ignored the rules of the competition by using second contracts? Contracts which made payments from the pool of stolen tax?

Even if we ignore those crimes, there are precedents for liquidated clubs. When Airdrieonians and Gretna went bust, neither of them were allowed to dictate where they re-entered. In fact, neither of them were allowed back in at all. Airdrie circumvented this with the frankly disgusting destruction of another club, but that is another matter.

I have been consistent in my feelings on this. If you feel that there should be no more "punishment", then you have to accept that this is a brand new club and should be treated as such, applying to SFL3 and starting with no history. Many fans would have no problem with this scenario.

If this club is still Rangers in any form, there is no way the cheating over the EBT years, and the refusal to pay tax in season 2011/2012 can be ignored. There must be further sanctions.

Rangers fans go on about the potential sanctions as other clubs having their cake and eating it - well, please tell me how you would describe a debt-free Rangers continuing having only received a 10 point penalty?

Agree with all this apart from you not mentioning that this ten point penalty did not affect them at all. SPL was finished for them anyway so any 'punishments ' handed down by the league have not made any iota of difference to them. 160 k fine etc that will not be paid either

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I already stated it, SPL fans have sat back and allowed their chaimen to instruct Doncaster to issue threats and blackmail to SFL teams. Not one SPLChairman has come out and said this is wrong and not one Spl supporters group have come out and said it is wrong. Therefore you must condone it.

Hibs fans have quite categorically denounced any attempted bullying of the SFL clubs into pressurising them into letting Sevco2012 into SFL1.

And well done to them, spot on and I'm sure the majority of the other SPL clubs supporter trusts feel the same, only have not made any specific statement.

However, I would encourage them all to do so, and if the old Rangers supporters have an ounce of decency, which I'm sure they do, they would also issue a statement further backing up there stance on SFL3 being the only respectful entry point. That of course assumes a fair and democratic assessment and vote on any other league applications.

Join the other supporters from your club who have said they will boycott us for not voting the way they want (which hasn't actually happened yet) new order in scottish football my arse just the same different bullies.

I said a Dumbarton fan was getting on my tits. I didn't say it was you.

I hope Sevco kick your arse in 2014/15. Mon' the Sevco Works XI.

If the SPL cut off the payment to the SFL if Rangers are in Division 3, surely there would be a TV deal of some sort for SFL coverage which would be worth at least £60k to each club?

That's the thing. The SFL should just say "stick yer annual settlement up yer arse ya bunch of bawbags" and proceed to sign a three year TV deal worth > £2million per year.

If the SPL cut off the payment to the SFL if Rangers are in Division 3, surely there would be a TV deal of some sort for SFL coverage which would be worth at least £60k to each club?

No. If the SFL clubs decline to put Rangers in SFL1, then the SFA is going to create a new "SPL2" (containing Sevco, Stenny, Dumbarton and whatever other dregs are left), install this below the SPL, cut off promotion between SPL and SFL, and tear up the settlement deal. Any alteration of the TV deal would be to stretch it over "SPL2".

Hilariously, at least two BoDs in the league actually think this is likely to happen.

That's the thing. The SFL should just say "stick yer annual settlement up yer arse ya bunch of bawbags" and proceed to sign a three year TV deal worth > £2million per year.

No, they should take as much of the annual settlement as they're entitled to AND sign a 3 year TV deal for what it's worth.

Did you bother reading what the Hibs Supporters Association said? Better directing your anger at things at your own fans and Board I'd have thought............or else get your travel plans together for your pre-season game away at the other sheister Club Stenhousemuir.

Have they threatened to boycott their club and return their Season Tickets or will they boycott clubs that have succumbed to the blackmail and bullying.

Does anyone find it strange that 99% of the people who are scaremongering in regards to 'money' are the media pundits who make their living from Rangers or/& Live TV!?, most of them retired players, poor excuses for journalists or ex-Rangers men!?

How did they survive a few years ago when there was no income from SPL via TV income!?, If they managed back then they could do it again...easily, if they had to do it.

When was this?

Not that long ago. Less than 20 years ago no league matches in Scotland were televised LIVE at all...ever! Highlights were shown on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon/evening. Not even last day league deciders were shown LIVE when they occurred (which was often). Only Scottish Cup Finals were televised LIVE. Clubs didn't face administration or liquidation and the Scottish International team rarely ever failed to qualify for World Cup Finals. This proves that Scottish football back then without TV income was of a much higher quality than it is today. dry.gif It is only since the advent of LIVE television and signing too many foreign players that Scottish clubs have found themselves debt-laden and in financial trouble! The rot began very soon after David Murray took over Rangers.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Have they threatened to boycott their club and return their Season Tickets or will they boycott clubs that have succumbed to the blackmail and bullying.

If you're what passes for a super hero in Dumbarton I'll have to move there. I would be treated as a god. Have to overcome my aversion to ugly people first. And people that talk shite. And spineless football club chairmen.

Please direct me to the numerous press statements from the Dumbarton board regarding EBT payments, dual contracts, tax evasion, match fixing, invading Iraq, cutting down the rain forests, etc.

If you haven't come out and said it's wrong, you must condone it.

It's your club chairman that is doing it, along with the SPL Clubs.

Last time I checked EBT payments, dual contracts, tax evasion, match fixing, invading Iraq, cutting down the rain forests had nothing to do with Dumbarton FC.