Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think Uefa and Fifa have had a look at the situation and decided that they dont want to get embroiled in it all as it is that fucked up.

Only if/when scottish football implodes will they maybe step in and deal with it. But I get the feeling that if Scotland was wiped off the map then Uefa/Fifa probably wouldnt notice or really care that much.

And I can't really blame them.

It be difficult to disagree with your perception PTJ. However, the fact that Rangers used players who had been given dual-contracts cheated several European clubs and not just Scottish clubs during a 12 year period may make UEFA think again, especially if any of those European clubs officially complain to UEFA. Rangers committed fraud to get to the UEFA Cup Final in 2008 and in all the Europen competitions that they played in during those 12 years. The money that Rangers collected in all the competitions that they played in during those 12 years using dual-contracted players totals scores of millions of pounds that should have been collected by other Scottish and European clubs. huh.gif

BBC Radio 5 live

On last night's Monday Night Club on 5 live, former Scotland international Pat Nevin feared that Rangers being demoted to Scottish Division Three would lead to TV companies withdrawing their backing of the Scottish game.

"If that happens not only does it, I'm going to choose my words carefully here, destroy some of the clubs in the upper reaches of the SPL, I'm thinking particularly of Kilmarnock, but the money from those deals trickles all the way down to the first, second and third division and it could put any of those teams into administration as well."

Their wee forum vote on who they'd like to see liquidated next had AFC and Dundee Utd way out front and Celtic not mentioned. Kinda cute really, fine line between love and hate and all that.

That's the kind of realism that Craigy Burley admires. Twa cheeks, wan erse.

Btw, if yir Team had won 9 in a row, using the same budget or less than every other team, that would indeed be an achievement.

By having more money than every Club put together means aw yir titles are meaningless.

I was thinking about this earlier. I reckon Rangers spent more money on Flo, than the rest of (non-OF) Scottish football teams combined, in the history of the game.

Big hand for the cheating shitebags!! What an achievement.

I was thinking about this earlier. I reckon Rangers spent more money on Flo, than the rest of (non-OF) Scottish football teams combined, in the history of the game.

Big hand for the cheating shitebags!! What an achievement.

The current Sky contract IIRC correctly is £65m over 5 season. So £13m a season. That is only slightly more than Rangers spent on Flo.

no one should get upset anymore .Whenever you hear,see or talk to anyone trying to justify any this Sevco pish, just try to imagine your the wee "I see dead people " boy from the " Sixth Sense " film and your having to listen to Bruce Willis spouting one pile of pish cos he doesn't realise he's deid.

You b*****d.

I was going to watch that tonight. :blink:

1 man doesn't automatically equate to the football club.

Was that not the argument Rangers fans made regarding Craig Whyte - an argument which was blown out of the water???

ETA - beaten to it by Sir Poz of Baird

Edited by ribzanelli

May get a bunch of reds for this but I don't see why the fact 1 director held 0.00047% of shares in a liquidating company which moved property/TUPE'd employees to another company that's applying to join SFL, should prevent Berwick Rangers voting on it.

Can anyone guess the Sevco5088 reaction if Turnbull Hutton or Dougie Rae are found out to have a 0.00047% share of Celtic?

Was that not the argument Rangers fans made regarding Craig Whyte - an argument which was blown out of the water???

As regards the club having a right to vote on a matter it would normally be entitled to participate in and which affects it? No, that wasn't the argument at all, but I'm glad we've been able to establish that.

alex thomson@alextomoBerwick voting D1- their director Brian Porteous has 516 "Rangers" shares. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

Why is this allowed? How can you get a vote when you have shares in the club you are voting about

This is rank, someone check on our board please.

Can anyone guess the Sevco5088 reaction if Turnbull Hutton or Dougie Rae are found out to have a 0.00047% share of Celtic?

No, but I'd kiss their fcuking arse for having an even bigger pair of balls than they've already shown.

Tbh, it's always going to be a losing battle... doesn't the bloke Rankine (involved at Livingston with McDougall) also have an interest in Dumbarton (memories hazy on that one), and a major stake-hold in East Fife is held by his schoolgirl niece?

He used to but I think he sold them. We were never his first team.

Where is this clause ?

In the TV contract ? In the SPL Handbook ? In the SPL Articles of Association ? In the SFA rules ?

You appear to be the only person saying that this clause exists.

According to the Telegraph article (saying it's source was Eric Drysdale - of Raith) it's outlined in the Annual Settlement that if SPL has less than £6M to hand-out then the Settlement could be reduced.