Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Now, i'm not advocating Sevco being placed into SFL1 (don't boycott my posts!) but in theory it could be a good move. Let me expand, they would probably win Div3 and Div2 at a canter and by the time they enter Div1 their finances will have grown to the extent they can effectively buy the league. Then, the following season they enter the SPL much stronger than many current SPL sides. If, however, they enter Div1 next season in their current state I honestly couldn't see them making second place.

If you were looking to do this as a 'punishment' in order to disadvantage them, then this may be a fair strategy. However if you're looking to implement a procedure that is in line with sporting integrity then it is a nonsense. Rangers newco should be treated exactly the same as any other club who find thenselves in this position.

Now, i'm not advocating Sevco being placed into SFL1 (don't boycott my posts!) but in theory it could be a good move. Let me expand, they would probably win Div3 and Div2 at a canter and by the time they enter Div1 their finances will have grown to the extent they can effectively buy the league. Then, the following season they enter the SPL much stronger than many current SPL sides. If, however, they enter Div1 next season in their current state I honestly couldn't see them making second place.

ETA: I will be at Starks Park tomorrow night, popping some funds into Turnbull's Raith. Would be great to see a full house.

You forget that the SPL teams will be loaning them a whole team to make sure they get back up.

Having spent time catching up on this thread, one thing seesm to have slipped under the radar. Mr Green's "offer" to allow a fan involvement by share purchase looks like scam to raise operating funds in place of the mission millions from ST sales. By any definition, that ain't investment, that's working capital. And he values the company at £55m, he's offering shares to the fans to the value of half the company value, so he's hoping to get in excess of £25m when SDM got what?, £5m? Dream on. As I've said before, I just can't see them lasting 6 months with the obviously very poor cash flows they seem to be "generating". Putting them into Div 1 would be causing more chaos when Sevco go into admin in February 2013.

Edited by Happy Buddie

What is this nonsense about fifa etc getting involved. What rules have been broken? Have they got involved previously when clubs in other countries have newcoed in at levels above the bottom tier? People are getting far too carried away here.

Boycott this, boycott that. We actually have people cancelling their sky subscriptions because sky don't treat the spl as a charity case ffs

While I agree with some of what you are saying, the issue for a lot of people isn't the Newco being parachuted in, it's the fact that taking such a step would be against the precedents set in the past. Every club has to be treated the same way.

If the SFL rules said that newcos could enter at the 2nd tier, and it had happened before then we'd all say it was a bit shit and get on with it. But that isn't what happened with Airdrie or Gretna, the only two recent SFL clubs to form newcos.

Dont know if this has been done before..........

Have any current players commented on any of this?

My guess is that the SFA would treat this as disrepute and hand out some fines, but with an understanding chairman or two to pick up the bill it could cause a bit of a stir. Not sure how other FA's would react, maybe worth giving Joey Barton a prod and see if we can get him on the Pie and Bovril diet

I can't imagine the feelings of the players differ too much from the average fan

1341799105[/url]' post='6411912']

Clubs like Kilmarnock and Hearts will be very vunerable but as for the least of us?

Hearts are in no way more vulnerable because of the absence of Rangers. All Hearts debt is to the parent company and as there is no insolvency process that relieves that debt

we are not vulnerable to going under. If anything, assuming the SPL settle the Wallace transfer fee direct to us from OLdco's prize money, which the rules state they must, then Hearts could actually emerge from this financially stronger in time.

Romanov's raison d'être is to make the club attractive to a buyer in the mid term so he can get it off his hands. If voting against Newco impacted on that in any way he would not have done it IMO.

ETA: I will be at Starks Park tomorrow night, popping some funds into Turnbull's Raith. Would be great to see a full house.

Arghhhhhh how many times???? They can't survive financially in division three!!! Please will people take on board that without TENS OF MILLIONS of working capital that shortfall between income from div three and the vasts costs of ibrox and mp make it impossible hence the suits pushing them as high as possible up the pyramid! It isn't to protect other teams or TV deals etc (the oldco has died as have the days of full houses trophies and Cl meaning newco isn't the draw that oldco was )its because newco will die if entered to division three. I aologise if I sound like a broken record but people keep missing the blindingly obvious here.

Scotland on Sunday has obtained a copy of the latest proposals by the Professional Game Board of the Scottish Football Association.

The plan is to create a league company with 16 £1 A ordinary shares and 30 £1 B ordinary shares. The new SPFL would have a Premier League and three lower divisions as at present. At present the SPL has 16 shares in its company but only 12 are issued, and in the new league these SPL clubs would have the A shares. The other 30 clubs would get the B shares, with clubs exchanging B for A shares when they are promoted to the Premier League.

The document states: "The A ordinary shares and B ordinary shares would have different class voting rights. As at present, proposals for Amendments to the Articles of Association and to section C of the rules (financial and commercial matters) as well as other strategic matters, which are defined as Qualified Resolutions, would require to be supported by not less than 11 clubs holding A ordinary shares."

Didn't notice any mention of this on the forum yesterday (might have missed it) but I thought that the "proposal" to allow Newco FC into SFL1 came with new voting and financial distribution rules.

From the above article it would seem that Reagan is not only trying to safeguard the "Oldco" he also wants to ensure they, and their partners, still have a block on any real changes.

How will Sevco die if placed in Div3? I'm being serious. I just can't see how running costs can't be met if they, unrealistically I know have 50,000 orcs at each home game.

Not calling you out HD but could you explain without sounding like a broken record?

ETA: stupid phone and thick fingers posted the post mid-post!

Edited by Stagmaster

Having spent time catching up on this thread, one thing seesm to have slipped under the radar. Mr Green's "offer" to allow a fan involvement by share bpurchase looks like scam to raise operating funds in place of the mission millions from ST sales. By any definition, that ain't investment, that's working capital. And he values the company at £55m, he's offering shares to the fans to the value of half the company value, so he's hoping to get in excess of £25m when SDM got what?, £5m? Dream on. As I've said before, I just can't see them lasting 6 months with the obviously very poor cash flows they seem to be "generating". Putting them into Div 1 would be causing more chaos when Sevco go into admin in February 2013.

Indeed division one I'd a final gamble that newco can get promoted before money runs out. The suits realised that spl was impossible due to fan power so see this as next best solution...perhaps they even thought fans would settle for this...showing how out of touch they are.newco was relying on st sales and transfer fees for working capital which hasn't happened so Burley traynor and the rest of the msm who sneer about sporting integrity should accept that newco cannot be admitted to any league without proper proof of working capital transperancy of investors and cast iron proof that fixtures can be fulfilled. The MSN has largely ignored these questions though ...wonder why hmmm

I really am getting tired of rankers and the orcs saying thye should be playing in the 3rd division and that's where they want to go.

It's a fucking punishment!!!!!!! You don't get to tell the people that decide your fate where you want to go just because you want to punish the people that are sending you there.

Last week we had Green and Sally turning up with proposals for the punishments and sactions they would accept if they were allowed into the SPL.

They are still trying to dictate, with the help of sections of the media, scottish football. And it needs to end now!!!

With all the vitriol and bile we have seen and heard over the past few weeks about how much they hate everyone else that they feel are victimising them, what is it going to be like in 3 or 4 years if/when they get into the SPL and we have all this hatred spilling out onto our streets again like we have been all to used to in Glasgow over the years. I've been in an A&E after an OF game and the sights there alone should forever ban these two teams from playing each other.

My vote - Death Penalty.

Arghhhhhh how many times???? They can't survive financially in division three!!! Please will people take on board that without TENS OF MILLIONS of working capital that shortfall between income from div three and the vasts costs of ibrox and mp make it impossible hence the suits pushing them as high as possible up the pyramid! It isn't to protect other teams or TV deals etc (the oldco has died as have the days of full houses trophies and Cl meaning newco isn't the draw that oldco was )its because newco will die if entered to division three. I aologise if I sound like a broken record but people keep missing the blindingly obvious here.

And the thousands of Ayr, Morton, etc etc descending on Ibrox every fortnight will cover the cost :unsure:

Given that the Leishman Twitter profile says "f@cking love dunfermline" I can pretty safely suggest that he is not the real Jim Leishman.

You saying Jim doesn't love dunfermline?

It's a fucking punishment!!!!!!! You don't get to tell the people that decide your fate where you want to go just because you want to punish the people that are sending you there.

It's not a punishment. It's a new team with no league to play in applying for a place in the SFL.

Scotland on Sunday has obtained a copy of the latest proposals by the Professional Game Board of the Scottish Football Association.

The plan is to create a league company with 16 £1 A ordinary shares and 30 £1 B ordinary shares. The new SPFL would have a Premier League and three lower divisions as at present. At present the SPL has 16 shares in its company but only 12 are issued, and in the new league these SPL clubs would have the A shares. The other 30 clubs would get the B shares, with clubs exchanging B for A shares when they are promoted to the Premier League.

The document states: "The A ordinary shares and B ordinary shares would have different class voting rights. As at present, proposals for Amendments to the Articles of Association and to section C of the rules (financial and commercial matters) as well as other strategic matters, which are defined as Qualified Resolutions, would require to be supported by not less than 11 clubs holding A ordinary shares."

Didn't notice any mention of this on the forum yesterday (might have missed it) but I thought that the "proposal" to allow Newco FC into SFL1 came with new voting and financial distribution rules.

From the above article it would seem that Reagan is not only trying to safeguard the "Oldco" he also wants to ensure they, and their partners, still have a block on any real changes.

So it wont be called the SPL, but it will have 12 teams in it - made up of the 12 SPL teams - and an identical voting structure. Yeah, I can see the clubs really going for that one :blink:

What happens if the vote to allow the SFL board to decide is defeated ?

Can a motion to a SFL meeting be amended and still legally stand without a new meeting having to be called. So an amendment to the motion removing Part 2 could be carried by a majority of clubs before a final vote takes place.

I hope HJ or someone might be able to answer it