Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm even more astonished that anyone actually believes that the SPL chairmen don't know exactly how this was going to end up.

I said it over a week ago and got pelters here - this has been on the cards for the past month. It's a total carve up - and YOUR board is also responsible.

I will say it again, but only Aberdeen and Hearts (and possibly Dun Utd and Hibs) boards are truly against Newco being updrafted to division 1. The rest are very dubious or just fucking lying through their teeth.

Do you really believe a decision of this magnitude would be left to the SFL?

The SPL knew they couldn't vote Newco back in or there would be a total rebellion, therefore they decided to put the the blame on the SFL. However they didn't realise the SFL were so much against the idea either. So as a final resort the SFA and SPL had to reinvent the rules.

This is 90% SPL chairmen, 9% SFA and 1% SFL to blame. Guaranteed.

Well, if that is the case, then the alternative is so dire our chairman had to take such a drastic step. Which is of course assuming they concocted this whole thing - which I do severely doubt. People say things with such conviction and suddenly they become true, where is the evidence any SPL board was complicit, never mind instrumental, in the construction of this plan.

I don't know what people expect to happen here anyway. Rangers down in the third, this somehow passed on as the fair solution despite the fact it blatantly breaks the rules in their favour, and everyone lives happily ever after with fans desperate to go and see the new integrity driven Scottish football. The fans are far too mobilised here, far too demanding and far too quick to make extreme threats.

Let's boycott sponsors, lets boycott clubs who vote against what we want or abstain. FFS you sound exactly like Rangers fans.

People hate Rangers, I fully understand that and am very much of that mindset myself. The reason them going into the SPL was untenebale was because it wasn't an adequate deterrent, but people are reveling in this far too much and don't fully appreciate the damage it could still do.

What do I think will happen? Third division is still the most likely scenario, but I've already stated I'm not greatly opposed to them going into the first. The financial figures are being exaggerated, there is no doubt about that, chairman are extenuating the negative because they don't want to lose anything - and the sum they will lose will still be fairly significant. Clubs like Kilmarnock and Hearts will be very vunerable but as for the least of us? Time will tell. Can't help but feel this entire scenario will bring far more mourning than laughter for everyone involved.

It's astonished me the frank willingness people have to threaten abandonment of their clubs

Rangers obviously shouldn't have been allowed in the SPL, but SPL fans abandoning their club because Rangers are in the first? Not real fans IMO.

If I do stop going to the football because Rangers are put into the first it's not anything against MY club. It's just sick of the whole fucking league. The SPL carve up was a pile of w**k to start with. Look at the money St. Mirren wasted getting USH for one fucking year (and look at how much more it cost you by fucking up your drainage than it would have done to have a frosty pitch once or twice over the season) as they tried to make it a closed shop. There was always these little things that kept propping up. The Old Firm would whisper sweet nothings into the other SPL chairmen's ears: "Your team will get rich but ours will get richer.... f**k the rest of them" and the bigger diddy teams would happily get shafted as it kept them in their wee status quo and meant they got to shit on those below them.

Thing is you can almost accept that pish because that's been carried out by the chairmen of clubs. They're all obviously looking out for number one (no matter how short sighted it was). This is totally different. Now the very people who are supposed to be running our game, to keep it an even and balanced playing field, have decided "as long as it's not one of the big two". It's not me boycotting Morton. It's me boycotting a game that is so corrupt it's downright sickening.

And the best part is, for once, the chairmen aren't looking out for number one in the SFL. One season of Rangers in the 1st Division would go a long way to help Raith Rovers, Morton, Dunfermline, etc. financially but wouldn't help the teams in the 2nd or 3rd division much at all yet the chairmen of these clubs have held their heads up high and said it's not on. So the SPL fans don't want it. The SFL fans don't want it. The SFL clubs don't want it and the NewCo fans don't want it. Yet it's going to happen anyway? What's the point in going back? Really.

For morton aye rolleyes.gif.

sorry couldnae resist dying for a return to normal banter. Even though mines is pish

Appreciated. Ya twelve fingered, web toed freak.

This charade is being brought to the attention of Uefa/Fifa who are currently using "sporting integrity" as their buzz words, it's plastered all over their websites etc. anyway, does anyone think that they'll actually do anything in relation to the rigged, corrupt nature of the administration of the game here ?

I honestly think there's even more to come out in relation to the liquidation of Rangers but this nonsense is keeping it all in the background and it's all being hushed up until the SFL have accepted the poisened chalice that is Sevco into the first division.

There's a lot more going on than we are being made aware of, of that I'm sure and even more being swept under the carpet.

supporters@scotishfa.co.uk

info@scottishfa.co.uk

info@scottishfootballleague.com

Fill yer boots and get emailing (again :()

I just sent an email to some of the addresses on this thread and got a mailer-daemon notice from the supporters@scottishfa.co.uk one and also from the sandra.buchanan@scottishfa.com one.

Are these addreses correct or have they just set it up to bounce emails straight back?

Will Leish, who is on the SFL management committee and therefore a party to the drawing up of Friday's proposal, be resigning in the interests of sporting integrity?

And Gordon McDougall? another SFL management guy whose club has declared they'll vote no?

utopia.jpg

How about for the sake of "Sporting Integrity" and "Transparency" we get the meeting on Friday televised live(selling rights obviously to the highest bidder) and split the proceeds between all the clubs ? Must be worth a good few bob, enough at least if newco are not voted in the league, to cover the losses we will apparently have in that scenario anyway !!! :lol:

It's astonished me the frank willingness people have to threaten abandonment of their clubs

Rangers obviously shouldn't have been allowed in the SPL, but SPL fans abandoning their club because Rangers are in the first? Not real fans IMO.

Are you a troll or are you having difficulty in grasping what's actually been happening over the last 5 months ?

This charade is being brought to the attention of Uefa/Fifa who are currently using "sporting integrity" as their buzz words, it's plastered all over their websites etc. anyway, does anyone think that they'll actually do anything in relation to the rigged, corrupt nature of the administration of the game here ?

I honestly think there's even more to come out in relation to the liquidation of Rangers but this nonsense is keeping it all in the background and it's all being hushed up until the SFL have accepted the poisened chalice that is Sevco into the first division.

There's a lot more going on than we are being made aware of, of that I'm sure and even more being swept under the carpet.

That the whole point though. Decisions on Dual Contracts and the penalty from the Apellate Tribunal need to be decided before SFL clubs can decide whether to admit Sevco - nevermind at what level they should be admitted. If they are admitted to any league, fixtures need to be reshuffled. If the Apellate Tribunal THEN decides that a suspension or expulsion is appropriate then we have complete chaos again - and no time to reorganise.

Edited by p&b is a disgrace