Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not that I heard. The first I heard of it was on here. Then I saw the Jane Lewis article on BBC website.

However, it was made clear to us that, in previous discussions last week, either Regan or Doncaster - I can't remember which - had said to the SFL meeting that Rangers to Div 1 will happen. So we knew that much, as we were told this at the meeting. Bully boy tactics IMO.

As I said earlier - the slide shown was based on the "benefits" of having Sevco 2012 in Div 1, but if it was Div 3, all the "benefits" were off the table, but no mention of the layout of the motions as presented on here. Mr Jardine and the others all made it clear that they (the SFL) were working very hard toward getting an even better package of "benefits" before next Friday.

That might have been as close as we got to a hint about the motions that are now being presented. But nothing at all was said about "if you don't vote the way we want you to, we'll vote for you" Definitely not a word mentioned.Gilbert Lawrie, one of the named Committee bunch, was one of our speakers.

Divide and conquer at it's worst..

Cheers for that, it's what I thought. I'd say the Sons fans have been well and truly duped (now there's a word).

The most important fact of all hidden from the fans - Why on earth was that ? I sure as hell bet they were scared to reveal that for fear that the fans would reject 'newco' altogether.

What a play by Mr Lawrie & co - ply the fans with the fear factor of lost revenue and threat of SPL 2 elimination for Dumbarton and you get the result you want. An absolute disgrace.

Do these guys not know the long-term damage that it will do to Dumbarton F.C. to be involved in this stitch-up. They must surely have discussed it prior to the EGM.and decided to go down the scare factor route.

This is now the time for your Trust to stand up - they more or less run the club anyway- please stand up and be counted for the long-term good of Dumbarton Football Club and for the good of Scottish Football.

You can either go with the bad guys or go with the good guys.

Your choice.

Whatever you think of the whole situation if Rangers don't get into the first all 3 must be considering their position

All 3 should be considering their position now.

Govan Rovers are going to be too big to keep out of the league for any length of time, so entry into SFL3 is probably the best option for everyone.

Most clubs would agree with this, most fans (if they have to let let them in at some level) would agree with this and even the majority of Rangers fans seem to agree. It's a compromise that wouldn't make everyone happy but would probably make the best of a bad lot.

Yet in the background, these 3 diddies are scaremongering, threatening and bullying to get Sevco into Div1. And lets face it, who the f*ck are they anyway? They're corporate climbers who don't give a shit about football and would be off like a shot if they could get another leg up the corporate ladder.

What really f*cks me off is that SFL chairman are being blackmailed and bullied by that clown Longmuir, and he's actually their employee. He should be kicked out on his arse at the first opportunity.

These corporate tossers were brought into Scottish football to allegedly bring up standards, increase revenue and raise our profile. They have failed miserably on two counts, and the only reason our profile has been raised is because they've turned our game an international laughing stock.

Now that the fans are gaining some power back, it would be good to see it carry on to get someone we want running our football again. Turnbull Hutton obviously springs to mind, but there are plenty of other decent people with passion and integrity who could do a far better job than the current trio of tubes we have at the moment.

Do folks think the vote (or ballot) of the SFL Clubs will be a private/anonymous one? I was just thinking that with 30 instead of 12 they'll not all just be sitting round one boardroom table taking turns to say 'yeah' or 'nae'.

It's specified in rules that it must be a secret ballot.

(It's not that long ago they wouldn't even announce the figures!!).

Whatever you think of the whole situation if Rangers don't get into the first all 3 must be considering their position but might be able to divert the pressure elsewhere.

Doncaster can say the SPL made its decision and he put forward the best case he could for Rangers in SFL 1 but ultimately the dcision was out of his hands.

Longmuir can run with the line that the SPL made an offer and he was compelled to listen and let his members speak.

Regan put his name solidly on this with his press briefing that Rangers can only play in Division 1. But would he be a great loss. He has overseen a referees strike, the Hugh Dallas saga, backing Levein and now this shambles along with the on going tribunal/court appeal/general f**k up of the discipline rules. His only success has been a partial implementation of the McLeish report (which was commissioned before he was appointed) and even then there are landmark parts of the report he has failed to put through. He is miles behind Doncaster in the public perception of where the blame lies so might be able to slink away quietly.

Also I don't know how old Longmuir is... and he came in from brewing and will be on a lot less than his fellow musketeers... but Regan + Doncaster are middle-aged blokes who clearly want to forge a career in sports goverance. If they aren't doing this on their own initiative, you wonder how quiet they'd stay if they get bulleted as metaphorical human shields.

It's astonished me the frank willingness people have to threaten abandonment of their clubs

Rangers obviously shouldn't have been allowed in the SPL, but SPL fans abandoning their club because Rangers are in the first? Not real fans IMO.

In essence it's a commentary on what most SPL fans, or fans associations think of the whole stinking mess that's been perpetuated by 3 foolish corrupt lunatics who we have the misfortune to be at the head of our football associations.

All 3 should be considering their position now.

in the background, these 3 diddies are scaremongering, threatening and bullying to get Sevco into Div1. And lets face it, who the f*ck are they anyway? They're corporate climbers who don't give a shit about football and would be off like a shot if they could get another leg up the corporate ladder.

What really f*cks me off is that SFL chairman are being blackmailed and bullied by that clown Longmuir, and he's actually their employee. He should be kicked out on his arse at the first opportunity.

Tbh - are we sure they're acting independently? Not directed by some clubs, or their Boards?

1341789113[/url]' post='6411792']

Whatever you think of the whole situation if Rangers don't get into the first all 3 must be considering their position but might be able to divert the pressure elsewhere.

Doncaster can say the SPL made its decision and he put forward the best case he could for Rangers in SFL 1 but ultimately the dcision was out of his hands.

Longmuir can run with the line that the SPL made an offer and he was compelled to listen and let his members speak.

Regan put his name solidly on this with his press briefing that Rangers can only play in Division 1. But would he be a great loss. He has overseen a referees strike, the Hugh Dallas saga, backing Levein and now this shambles along with the on going tribunal/court appeal/general f**k up of the discipline rules. His only success has been a partial implementation of the McLeish report (which was commissioned before he was appointed) and even then there are landmark parts of the report he has failed to put through. He is miles behind Doncaster in the public perception of where the blame lies so might be able to slink away quietly.

If the SPL clubs, or some of them, have been covertly complicit with Doncaster in this latest attempt to save the cheats, then Doncaster IMO is absolutely safe. The SPL clubs who supported this latest farce, and I think there must be a significant group who secretly undermined the whole process here, will be to blame for this clown keeping his job because they can't sack him and he is too brass necked to walk. Should go but will survive IMO.

Longmuir has about turned on a clear statement he made on or about 28th June.(see my sig) He is now bullying his own members on behalf of Newco and the SPL. If he loses that vote, I'd be astonished if he remained in post.

Regan. Played a blinder right up until Rangers went the court of session. I'd be very interested to know how he was turned from throwing the book at them to burying the whole disciplinary process and supporting them for DIV 1. He's been got at IMO and either way he has presided over the farce this has become and not only that, has made it ten times worse. Position untenable no matter what happens on Friday.

1341792228[/url]' post='6411834']

Tbh - are we sure they're acting independently? Not directed by some clubs, or their Boards?

A question for your Mr Petrie perhaps ?

The only SPL club who has commented officially on the SFL document was Motherwell and they were quite clear that they hadn't seen it and didn't contribute to it

Edited by Only A Game !

It's astonished me the frank willingness people have to threaten abandonment of their clubs

Rangers obviously shouldn't have been allowed in the SPL, but SPL fans abandoning their club because Rangers are in the first? Not real fans IMO.

I'm even more astonished that anyone actually believes that the SPL chairmen don't know exactly how this was going to end up.

I said it over a week ago and got pelters here - this has been on the cards for the past month. It's a total carve up - and YOUR board is also responsible.

I will say it again, but only Aberdeen and Hearts (and possibly Dun Utd and Hibs) boards are truly against Newco being updrafted to division 1. The rest are very dubious or just fucking lying through their teeth.

Do you really believe a decision of this magnitude would be left to the SFL?

The SPL knew they couldn't vote Newco back in or there would be a total rebellion, therefore they decided to put the the blame on the SFL. However they didn't realise the SFL were so much against the idea either. So as a final resort the SFA and SPL had to reinvent the rules.

This is 90% SPL chairmen, 9% SFA and 1% SFL to blame. Guaranteed.

Edited by KillieJimbo

Sorry Dumbarton fans but I now wont be attending our pre-season friendly with you. If we lose the vote on Friday the game is fucked and I wont be back anyway. If the vote is won then it has been made a hell of a lot more difficult due to the cowardice of DFC. Doncaster and Regan talk pish. Dont listen to their lies. Stand up to them vote No to Newco. But already too late for DFC it seems......

To be fair is there much difference to Dumbarton fans giving a show of hands to Sevco in D1 when the majority of our fans did the same at the meeting with Gilmour?

What's the odds on next season being a complete & utter shambles from start to......................... whenever ?

For morton aye rolleyes.gif.

sorry couldnae resist dying for a return to normal banter. Even though mines is pish

When are we going to get the appellate tribunal to reconvene?

I remember FIFA saying at the time they wanted this sorted quickly.

I'm assuming its now a fix with only the cup ban being a "suitable" option for sevco seen as suspension or expulsion will mean the death of every club up here and probably half of England too.

1341792625[/url]' post='6411840']

The SPL knew they couldn't vote Newco back in or there would be a total rebellion, therefore they decided to put the the blame on the SFL. However they didn't realise the SFL were so much against the idea either. So as a final resort the SFA and SPL had to reinvent the rules.

This is 90% SPL chairmen, 9% SFA and 1% SFL to blame. Guaranteed.

They, ( Scottish football's administrators) have called it wrong at almost every twist and turn in this process. They underestimated the depth of feeling and the passion. And what's more they have done it yet again.

THERE IS NO WAY ON GODS GOOD EARTH THAT THE SFL CLUBS WILL VOTE NEWCO INTO THE FIRST DIVISION.

Take that to the bank.

Edited by Only A Game !

They, ( Scottish football's administrators) have called it wrong at almost every twist and turn in this process. They underestimated the depth of feeling and the passion. And what's more they have done it yet again.

THERE IS NO WAY ON GODS GOOD EARTH THAT THE SFL CLUBS WILL VOTE NEWCO INTO THE FIRST DIVISION.

Take that to the bank.

Well thank f**k, a positive post before I go to sleep.

I just can't see how those 30 SFL chairmen will allow these chancers into the 1st.

The meeting on Friday I reckon wlll get pretty heated due to the depth of feeling about sevco skipping 2 leagues and the authorities bricking it about sevco being out the SPL so long.

1341794289[/url]' post='6411867']

Well thank f**k, a positive post before I go to sleep.

I just can't see how those 30 SFL chairmen will allow these chancers into the 1st.

The meeting on Friday I reckon wlll get pretty heated due to the depth of feeling about sevco skipping 2 leagues and the authorities bricking it about sevco being out the SPL so long.

It will be like the SPL vote. The outcome will be known before they step into that room on Friday and it will be a resounding NO. In fact I am leaning towards Newco specifically asking to go into Div 3 before the vote. Doncaster,Regan and longmuir have cut themselves adrift here. Even Newco are embarrassed by it and that takes some doing. Don't worry, justice and common sense and integrity will prevail.

Edited by Only A Game !

Right guys, Monday morning, wee reminder, get sending those e-mails

RAITH (RAGE) AGAINST THE MACHINE

Okay chaps, time for the final push.

Obviously carry on the discussions here, but now is the time to up the ante right up until the vote on Friday, everyone everywhere e-mail your own clubs showing your disgust to the stitch-up and request your club register a 'NO' vote to Sevco. Find the time to do this. Any football phone-in programmes - get on the phone. Show your disgust and air your views to the media. Let's get the corruption stopped.

Most importantly, e-mail UEFA or FIFA. (can someone please put a link thanks)

There is absolutely no point in e-mailing the SPL, SFA or SFL - do not waste your time

Kick corruption out of the Scottish game

Raith (Rage) Against the Machine

http://www.fifa.com/contact/form.html

http://www.uefa.com/...uefa/index.html

Worst case scenario and somehow the warped and corrupt powers that be shoe horn the newco into the 1st ,could the SFL Div 1 teams who appear to be almost unanimously against them being there not get together? Refusing to play them would result in fines and ultimately even expulsion but if they were all to agree to turn up every week, home and away, against the newco and basically just fanny around let them win, they would allow them back up - which is going to happen by hook or by crook (and mainly by crook) but make their promotion so pointless and hollow. TV coverage of the games would be somewhat pointless too. It will mean newco fans eventually don't turn up at home and away games and while other fans wouldn't attend their games would hurt the teams at home (twice over the season) it would hurt newco so much more.

I just can't believe what is happening. The cries from the newco of "let us start in the 3rd" is so hollow too. They hope they will take others down with them. Generous to a fault.

Not only that.

Comments along the lines of "No Rangers would bring about social unrest" are basically a dressed-up, roundabout way of saying "No Rangers would bring about social unrest because the majority of their fans can't be trusted to act as responsible citizens, and without Rangers and the reflected glory they bring to the social inadequates that make up the bulk of their support we would see scenes in Scotland similar to those of the Uefa Cup Final in Manchester a few years back"

Would Chelsea fans get the blame again? :lol: