Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

For me if Rangers are put into the 1st Division I aint going back no matter what Dougie Rae's position on the matter is. It's less of a boycott and just more of a "what's the fucking point?". I have no desire to watch football in a league that isn't a fair playing field.

Agreed.

In a technical sense Arbroath aren't represented... Board members are individuals, tasked with forwarding and safeguarding the objects of the league. For example a club can't mandate it's Board rep.

Ah, fair enough. To be honest, I don't know a lot about the make up of the individual authorities. Until a couple months ago, I didn't really see any need to learn all about SFL procedures!

Not sure where you got that info but I don't think it's quite as straightforward as you make it sound.

Chairman Alan Jardine gave his Powerpoint presentation, which, IMHO, was a rehash of the one provided by Cockwomble earlier in the week. Showed £18.3 Mill losses overall. This figure was dissected by P&B's keyboard warriors and LOL'd on here already so I'll leave it at that.

Mr Jardine's main worry was about the Sons of the Rock being cast into the wilderness should SPL 2 come along and bite our arse. Our stadium holds around the 2000 mark which falls short of the 3000 SPL2 criterion. He sees a glass ceiling stopping our progression/world domination of SFL, and as a result, debarrment from SPL 2.

I have to say, of the 150-200 who attended the EGM, they (IMO) were split in their opinion (the discussions ran from 11am to about 1245 and everyone who wanted to, got their say).

The Sons Board don't meet till later this week and there was no indication that they would follow the ballot results.

So, in summary, your statement is factually incorrect, but what you think was the result of the Dumbarton FC board might be close to the truth in the end.

FWIW, I voted Newco to Div 3 before his presentation began......f**k Sevco 5088. The Sons Board knew my feelings a week ago.

So blackmail?

Accept these proposals or forever be barred from the top two tiers of Scottish Football.

I hope the Sons don't give into blackmail.

Yes, can confirm that, vote apparantly 2:1 in favour of newco to first division

Told big play on the fact that Dumbarton could lose £90,000 this season (included £60,000 withdrawal of the SPL/Sky money which i'm told CAN'T be withdrawn).

Were you there? If so, WTF is a Morton fan doing in a closed-shop Dumbarton EGM?

You had to show yout ST, Share Certificate or SonsTrust card to get in.

Please do tell how you got in?????

Or did you rely on tweets?

Death or glory stuff now. The next week will be an all out war for us fans. Tens of thousands have spoken to say where a NewCo must be placed and yet still the governing bodies persist in trying to sneak this through and hope nothing happens. We're the lifeblood of the game, and yet they still disregard everything we're after. Fans have been more than reasonable to say they'd be content with a NewCo in division 3, they're a toxic, bigoted club who by all rights should be left to rot. Over the next week we must pull out all the stops to email the SFA, SFL, clubs and UEFA to let them know that this is simply intolerable.

Hopefully,with the articles by the BBC and Alex Thomson being released, we'll see someone like Hutton start a chain reaction with chairmen saying it should be the decision of clubs. Right now, I think frankly they should be punted into touch. It is tragic, Rovers have done everything perfect during this saga. They've been heralded for their approach and Turnbull's impassioned tellings. However, if Rangers go back in at SFL1 level I don't know if I could stomach paying so much money to go and watch a competition that is rigged towards one team. I'll go to Laurie Ellis's testimonial, as he has been a fantastic servant to the club during his time and giving us Rovers fans our first Scottish cup semi-final in 47 years. Ellis deserves the money that he will receive from the testimonial. But that might well be my last game watching the Rovers. The money can easily be saved and used elsewhere in life. I'd love to go travelling and as it stands I'd rather commit to that than go to watch a game governed by suits with no interest in the fans and only in commercial interest at the top level.

So blackmail?

Accept these proposals or forever be barred from the top two tiers of Scottish Football.

I hope the Sons don't give into blackmail.

So do I, mate. Sons fan/ST holder since 1967 - I was 5 y/o. I hope I can continue but we need to be strong and vote NO!

All of our resolve is being tested here.......

Off the top of their heads, does anyone have the relevant SFL email addresses (I know they've been put up on this thread somewhere but can't see them after a quick scan)? I know my email won't be read, but I haven't contacted them directly yet and I feel I should.

Technically anyone can apply to SFL anytime... just ask for the form, send a non-refundable £1,200 then wait.

(Obviously this would normally end with a "thanks for £1,200 but unfortunately we've no league vacancy currently").

That's still the case - SFL clubs are being asked to vote on the 3 parts resolution which involves allowing Dundee/Dunfermline to resign without notice, admitting Rangers and allowing Board to look at SFL1 if things are to their satisfaction. For now it's Rangers-specific.

Worth adding that there are non-league clubs more worthy of an SFL3 place than Sevco, too.

Apparently an EoS club, that had applied recently, have been advised "not to bother applying". Quelle surprise.

Death or glory stuff now. The next week will be an all out war for us fans. Tens of thousands have spoken to say where a NewCo must be placed and yet still the governing bodies persist in trying to sneak this through and hope nothing happens. We're the lifeblood of the game, and yet they still disregard everything we're after. Fans have been more than reasonable to say they'd be content with a NewCo in division 3, they're a toxic, bigoted club who by all rights should be left to rot. Over the next week we must pull out all the stops to email the SFA, SFL, clubs and UEFA to let them know that this is simply intolerable.

Hopefully,with the articles by the BBC and Alex Thomson being released, we'll see someone like Hutton start a chain reaction with chairmen saying it should be the decision of clubs. Right now, I think frankly they should be punted into touch. It is tragic, Rovers have done everything perfect during this saga. They've been heralded for their approach and Turnbull's impassioned tellings. However, if Rangers go back in at SFL1 level I don't know if I could stomach paying so much money to go and watch a competition that is rigged towards one team. I'll go to Laurie Ellis's testimonial, as he has been a fantastic servant to the club during his time and giving us Rovers fans our first Scottish cup semi-final in 47 years. Ellis deserves the money that he will receive from the testimonial. But that might well be my last game watching the Rovers. The money can easily be saved and used elsewhere in life. I'd love to go travelling and as it stands I'd rather commit to that than go to watch a game governed by suits with no interest in the fans and only in commercial interest at the top level.

hopefully this will appen,but if they are railroaded into div1, thas junior footy gettinmg another customer.But Me and my son will be at Starks Park for the friendly wi united ,which could be my last game

alex thomson@alextomoSFL Chief Exec saying it's time for all outside influences and pressures to stop. Stable David? Door David?

Why have their been outside influences? Because we have had years of weak leadership, becoming more obvious in the last few months, and sometimes no leadership at all from those at the head of the institutions who run the various aspects of football in Scotland.

It has been this vacuum that has created the need for people like the P&B brigade to speak up, campaign, and try their best to push for clear leadership, which would demonstrate honesty and integrity on behalf of the majority of football supporters.

Add to that the funny goings on. Duff & Duffer, the Rangers apologists, the leaders of the SFA and SPL in particular trying to bend, change or twist the rules that existed to suit one club and one club only.

And then we see the police becoming involved, court cases to pursue people, court cases trying to prevent the truth coming out, and enquiries being held on many aspects of what has been going on.

Left to the 'powers that be' we have allowed Scottish football to become a laughing stock. Demonstrably fundamentally corrupt.

If you don't like outside influences, open up and clean up this outrageous and deviant structure and organisations.

Failing that we will continue to speak. Out loud. Without fear or favour. Doing what we believe is best for all clubs and all supporters. biggrin.gif

STV suggesting that part of 'deal' on newco into first is further promotion/relegation spot. I feel I've said this a dozen times but that can only happen with agreement of SPL clubs. If they agree that they will have spat in the face of all the fans that trusted them over the NO vote. It's going to get messy.

STV suggesting that part of 'deal' on newco into first is further promotion/relegation spot. I feel I've said this a dozen times but that can only happen with agreement of SPL clubs. If they agree that they will have spat in the face of all the fans that trusted them over the NO vote. It's going to get messy.

Our chairman and other BOD members told 20 or so of us at 5.30pm on Tuesday of last week....

IF newco Rangers are greased into Div 1, then it should come with a move to a 16 team SPL, a 14 team second tier, two up and down, a fairer split of TV revenue, and the voting changed to 9-3.

- Then at least we would get a lot of stuff that many of us want anyway, perhaps not in the manner we would have wanted, but we can get it and see a brighter future for Scottish football.

The more I hear, the more I think Mr Gilmour and our BOD are being fed as much shite from the SPL, SFA, and SFL as we are as ordinary Joe supporters. I would not trust anyone as far as I could throw them. This stinks to high heaven of meetings in small groups behind closed doors, and nudges and winks between the SPL and SFA big-wigs. Makes me fcuking sick to my stomach.

Get in touch with your supporter groups and co-ordinate a protest. Getting bodies on the street works and you have the networks and the passion to get bodies on the street. The last protest failed because it was un-coordinated and short notice. You have the time to organize and the motivation to get rolling.

A great many Rangers fans can see what went on behind the scenes was illegal and wrong. There are many who feel that going to SFL3 is not only right on paper but a way for us to re-earn our place in Scottish football. This SFL1 bull is so damaging to Rangers as fans of the club because it treats us as nothing more than 45 000 wallets to be picked. And it also treats the rest of Scottish football as nothing more than consumers of entertainment (like WWF) not fans of sport.

I know I shouldn't look but I still do. Here is the latest from Rangers Media regarding Scotland. 'm finished with the National team. I couldnt stomach the thought of McCullough having a laugh around with mcgregor or naismith without wishing he would just drill his fist repeatedly into both their dirty, ***** ridden, faces'

1341697779[/url]' post='6409074']

No problem.

St Mirren's chairment Stewart Gilmour has said many times that NewCo must be in Div1 otherwise the game is bust.

Killie abstained in the SPL vote, didn't think much of sporting integrity in the first place and have stated they will be in Admin without Seveco

Well also released statements saying they could be going into Admin, although admittedly there stance hasn't been as clear cut as the rest.

I have no doubt many other SPL clubs, not least celtic, are behind this and if not actively involved then at least with tacit encouragement and agreement.

From afc's statements they are against this, and certainly that is what I've heard elsewhere, but it would be nice for them to publicly state so.

Neil Doncaster may be the face of this mess but don't be fooled into thinking he doesn't have the backing of a large majority of SPL Chairmen.

'Well released a statement to shareholders and 'Well Society members, who were being given a vote on what the club's stance would be. This had to be done so that we all knew what we were voting for, so that we all knew the possible consequenses could be when we voted Ranger's out. This cannot be used as an indication that we are involved on this sh!te.

Motherwell have confirmed (on steelmen online) that nobody from the club had anything to do with the stitch up proposal that was put to the SFL.

The club have also launched the "Steelmen Forever" campaign, the purpose of which is to try and make sure we do as much as possible to weather the financial fallout predicted if and when Rangers are booted to div 3.

There is no evidence Motherwell were involved in this stitch up and much evidence against the possibility.

We know Doncaster and Petrie were involved, and Gilmour has been very supportive of the idea from what we've heard. I would not bet against Lawwell being all over it.

Get in touch with your supporter groups and co-ordinate a protest. Getting bodies on the street works and you have the networks and the passion to get bodies on the street. The last protest failed because it was un-coordinated and short notice. You have the time to organize and the motivation to get rolling.

A great many Rangers fans can see what went on behind the scenes was illegal and wrong. There are many who feel that going to SFL3 is not only right on paper but a way for us to re-earn our place in Scottish football. This SFL1 bull is so damaging to Rangers as fans of the club because it treats us as nothing more than 45 000 wallets to be picked. And it also treats the rest of Scottish football as nothing more than consumers of entertainment (like WWF) not fans of sport.

Good post mate - and exactly what Rangers supporting mates of mine are saying to me. They are sick of the whole thing and want to see 'Rangers' in Div 3 and work their way back to respectablilty.

"How it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers FC shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during season 2012/13".

I heard they were being liquidated. Oh well, it must have been another team