Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes, call a person a p***k over what is likely a bullshit rumour.

A rumour that Leishman is on the board? Or a rumour that the document is real, from one of the few sources consistently on the money throughout this whole fiasco (a source who happens to be an internationally-renowned war correspondent)?

Dunfermline have been openly against newco in Division 1.

And Hibs were prominent favours of sporting integrity. Petrie then personally coached Green on how to get back into the SPL.

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly:

'We don't want to be in Division One with sanctions imposed to satisfy other people,' Kerr said.

'It is not a palatable solution at all. In any other football league organisation, you would join it at the bottom.'

'But what can we do? Reject the invitation to join the SFL? Not join a league at all?'

'It is a huge dilemma and it is of huge concern. And why should it be the case that there could be sanctions? Aren't the punishments we have had not been severe enough?'

'We were deducted points last season in SPL. We were fined, we are out of Europe and will be for three seasons.'

'We have lost the vast majority of our first-team squad. I don't know what else they can do?'

Mail Online

As has been said, the only "punishment" has been the 10 point deduction, which meant nothing in the end.

Newco should have no sanctions if they join the 3rd. NEWCO.

'We don't want to be in Division One with sanctions imposed to satisfy other people,' Kerr said.

'It is not a palatable solution at all. In any other football league organisation, you would join it at the bottom.'

'But what can we do? Reject the invitation to join the SFL? Not join a league at all?'

'It is a huge dilemma and it is of huge concern. And why should it be the case that there could be sanctions? Aren't the punishments we have had not been severe enough?'

'We were deducted points last season in SPL. We were fined, we are out of Europe and will be for three seasons.'

'We have lost the vast majority of our first-team squad. I don't know what else they can do?'

Mail Online

why dont they get it the only punishments they had was the fine and the 10 points, the rest were consequences of going into administration and forming a newcomad.gif

No problem.

St Mirren's chairment Stewart Gilmour has said many times that NewCo must be in Div1 otherwise the game is bust.

Killie abstained in the SPL vote, didn't think much of sporting integrity in the first place and have stated they will be in Admin without Seveco

Well also released statements saying they could be going into Admin, although admittedly there stance hasn't been as clear cut as the rest.

I have no doubt many other SPL clubs, not least celtic, are behind this and if not actively involved then at least with tacit encouragement and agreement.

From afc's statements they are against this, and certainly that is what I've heard elsewhere, but it would be nice for them to publicly state so.

Neil Doncaster may be the face of this mess but don't be fooled into thinking he doesn't have the backing of a large majority of SPL Chairmen.

Cheers.

Can't see it, but fair enough.

Mail Online

What's that Andy? Deducted 10pts fined about £200k and ineligible for Europe for 3yrs? I can think of plenty else they can do :lol:!!

Also why would SFL3 mean no sanctions - unless you're a new club?

I'd be delighted if Dundee withdrew their SPL application and ecstatic if Dunfermline followed suit.

That would sort this lot out. Oh, and Dunfermline's undignified scrambling to be admitted is starting to piss me off a bit.

There's greater precedence in the SPL period for a club getting to stay up rather than there is for 2 up.

The get Dundee up campaign isn't dignified either.

There's greater precedence in the SPL period for a club getting to stay up rather than there is for 2 up.

The get Dundee up campaign isn't dignified either.

I would expect my board to do all they can to compete at the highest level of Scottish football, provided it's within the rules of course.

A rumour that Leishman is on the board? Or a rumour that the document is real, from one of the few sources consistently on the money throughout this whole fiasco (a source who happens to be an internationally-renowned war correspondent)?

And Hibs were prominent favours of sporting integrity. Petrie then personally coached Green on how to get back into the SPL.

I've not seen anything official which says Leishman is on the board. Maybe he was in the past, and even if he is, who is to day that he agreed to the proposal? He will be representing Dunfermline Athletic FC and its interests, which has been very vocal in its opposition to newco in Division 1.

Oh, and we're not Hibs.

That`s it for me. The fact is that we should`nt have to fight for this. Now they introduce a fixed vote which they`ll have their sycophants telling us whilst not the best solution is the best result for Scottish football.

That`s it for me. I`ve emailed Firhill and informed them the ST won`t be renewed. I`ve also cancelled the D/D for the Centenary Gold membership.

If it does`nt matter what we as fans do or say what`s the point in trying to use finance to sway the decisions of our boards? They`ll just wring their hands and say they did their best but that it was a done deal.

I think Lochburn may be a bit busy next season.

I'm confused now. Is this meeting due just about Rangers? Isn't it an open place? Can't Spartans, Cove Rangers, etc. apply for the vacant position after Dunfermline/Dundee go up?

Why leave it at Spartans or Cove? If there is a place to be filled in Division 1 then surely all the Division 2 and three clubs are as eligible to apply as anyone else?

Well the point is there is a space in the SFL up for grabs. 2nd and 3rd division sides are already members...

The point is that Sevco are being touted for joining the SFL at Division one level and, as you have rightly said, there are members of the SFL who have more rights to the Division one place than a brand new team.

I'm confused now. Is this meeting due just about Rangers? Isn't it an open place? Can't Spartans, Cove Rangers, etc. apply for the vacant position after Dunfermline/Dundee go up?

Technically anyone can apply to SFL anytime... just ask for the form, send a non-refundable £1,200 then wait.

(Obviously this would normally end with a "thanks for £1,200 but unfortunately we've no league vacancy currently").

That's still the case - SFL clubs are being asked to vote on the 3 parts resolution which involves allowing Dundee/Dunfermline to resign without notice, admitting Rangers and allowing Board to look at SFL1 if things are to their satisfaction. For now it's Rangers-specific.

The point is that Sevco are being touted for joining the SFL at Division one level and, as you have rightly said, there are members of the SFL who have more rights to the Division one place than a brand new team.

Worth adding that there are non-league clubs more worthy of an SFL3 place than Sevco, too.

Edited by HibeeJibee

What are the players' views on this? Playing in a set up that is openly rigged? Will they not be looking for moves out of Scottish Football?

Players are interested in the £'s, nowt else.

Not saying that's wrong but their voice means nowt.

First stumbling block to that is that I read on SevcoMedia earlier that they reckon the EGM of Dumbarton's Board this morning resolved to support Cevco FC for placement in Division 1 (Dunno if we have anyone who can confirm that???)

Not sure where you got that info but I don't think it's quite as straightforward as you make it sound.

Chairman Alan Jardine gave his Powerpoint presentation, which, IMHO, was a rehash of the one provided by Cockwomble earlier in the week. Showed £18.3 Mill losses overall. This figure was dissected by P&B's keyboard warriors and LOL'd on here already so I'll leave it at that.

Mr Jardine's main worry was about the Sons of the Rock being cast into the wilderness should SPL 2 come along and bite our arse. Our stadium holds around the 2000 mark which falls short of the 3000 SPL2 criterion. He sees a glass ceiling stopping our progression/world domination of SFL, and as a result, debarrment from SPL 2.

I have to say, of the 150-200 who attended the EGM, they (IMO) were split in their opinion (the discussions ran from 11am to about 1245 and everyone who wanted to, got their say).

The Sons Board don't meet till later this week and there was no indication that they would follow the ballot results.

So, in summary, your statement is factually incorrect, but what you think was the result of the Dumbarton FC board might be close to the truth in the end.

FWIW, I voted Newco to Div 3 before his presentation began......f**k Sevco 5088. The Sons Board knew my feelings a week ago.