Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can someone like HJ tell us who all the SFL board members are.

SFL board apparently: Gordon MacDougall (Livingston), Jim Ballantyne (Airdrie), Ewan Cameron (Alloa),

Anne McKeown (Arbroath), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), Malky Mackay (Queens Park), Ken Ferguson (Brechin),

Jim Leishman (Dunfermline).

Boycotting just makes me think that we're being as cuntish as the Rangers! I didn't renew my ST and I tried my damnest to spread the message amongst fellow arabs that this was our only option. It wasn't a boycott in reality - more like showing how many fans would likely be at Tannadice next season if our chairman fcuked us over.

I'd never stop supporting Scotland because of some suited p***ks working inside Hampden.

All we can hope now is that the SFL fans make their clubs aware that Rangers in SFL1 is endgame for Scottish fitba, and hopefully this pressure will pay off.

It'd be good to see Hampden surrounded by fans next Friday chanting NO, NO, NO however :rolleyes:

SFL board apparently: Gordon MacDougall (Livingston), Jim Ballantyne (Airdrie), Ewan Cameron (Alloa),

Anne McKeown (Arbroath), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), Malky Mackay (Queens Park), Ken Ferguson (Brechin),

Jim Leishman (Dunfermline).

We're fcuked.

If the end result is Newco in DIV1 what are the fans REALLY going to do about it?

We do not really want to punish our clubs, it's not their fault that they ended

up in this shitty position.

So, what other options?

Boycott Scotland games at Hampden? I would say that's a goer.

Boycott Olympic football at Hampden? Already happening!

Boycott all events at Hampden? Too many non fitba fans.

Any other suggestions?

The problem is that this is really the only option that might have a significant impact. There's no way to effectively get at the SFL, SPL, SFA directly as far as I can tell - it has to come through the member clubs. Without the support of the clubs, these organisations fall; without paying support, the clubs fall.

This crisis is all about money. Therefore the solution necessarily must originate from withholding it. Make no mistake, if season book sales weren't at stake this would have been done and dusted weeks ago.

I doubt very much that the participants of this thread are representative of the footballing public at large, so the question is: if Rangers end up in SFL 1, are enough people willing to take action? Do you risk seeing your own club go under for the betterment of the Scottish game? I honestly doubt it, and I think the authorities are banking on this being the case.

Edited by Huistrinho

Can you explain why you've singled out just those three SPL clubs?

No problem.

St Mirren's chairment Stewart Gilmour has said many times that NewCo must be in Div1 otherwise the game is bust.

Killie abstained in the SPL vote, didn't think much of sporting integrity in the first place and have stated they will be in Admin without Seveco

Well also released statements saying they could be going into Admin, although admittedly there stance hasn't been as clear cut as the rest.

I have no doubt many other SPL clubs, not least celtic, are behind this and if not actively involved then at least with tacit encouragement and agreement.

From afc's statements they are against this, and certainly that is what I've heard elsewhere, but it would be nice for them to publicly state so.

Neil Doncaster may be the face of this mess but don't be fooled into thinking he doesn't have the backing of a large majority of SPL Chairmen.

You're forgetting the SPL clubs. Despite our dislike for cockwomble he's not driving this by himself. A number of SPL clubs are behind this, infact I understand almost all of them are with the occasional respectable exception. It's not hard to see that at the very least St Mirren, Motherwell and Killie will be pushing for this. The SPL, SFA and SFL board have put the SFL Clubs in an invidious position and are absolute disgrace to the game.

They bullishly talked about sporting integrity while concocting this plan. How can this plan, which prevents the clubs from having any real say in the matter, and creates a situation that requires Seveco to be promoted regardless of their success or otherwise on the pitch be in any way consistent with any integrity what so ever.

Disgusting.

You're right. Some of them have undoubtedly wriggled out of this rather conveniently. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were others involved too (Yes, you Mr. Lawell.)The 3 you mentioned don't have enough weight to force this kind of thing on their own.

Edited by fozzie

Reported in the Record on June 21st:

The SFL board held an emergency two-hour meeting at Alloa yesterday morning, as revealed by Record Sport, and reached a broad agreement on the principle of accepting newco Rangers into the second tier of the game.

But in return, they want guarantees going forward on voting rights, fairer financial distribution and easier access to the top flight for First Division clubs, most likely via a play-off system.

And to appease Sky TV chiefs it is understood the Glasgow Cup could be revived to ensure there will still be Old Firm clashes.

SFL chief executive David Longmuir was tight-lipped as he left Recreation Park yesterday lunchtime after talks with Ewen Cameron (Alloa), Kenny Ferguson (Brechin), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), Anne McKeown (Arbroath) and Jim Leishman (Dunfermline).

Boycotting just makes me think that we're being as cuntish as the Rangers! I didn't renew my ST and I tried my damnest to spread the message amongst fellow arabs that this was our only option. It wasn't a boycott in reality - more like showing how many fans would likely be at Tannadice next season if our chairman fcuked us over.

I'd never stop supporting Scotland because of some suited p***ks working inside Hampden.

All we can hope now is that the SFL fans make their clubs aware that Rangers in SFL1 is endgame for Scottish fitba, and hopefully this pressure will pay off.

It'd be good to see Hampden surrounded by fans next Friday chanting NO, NO, NO however :rolleyes:

I see your point but I did ask for any other suggestions.

It may have seemed they had to be boycotts but I would prefer something

more drastic with a quicker result.

The ring of fans sounds good but after the protest fiasco I don't see it happening.

I live in France and feel powerless but I still feel involved.

When I visit Glasgow I want to go and see a game that means something.:(

Reported in the Record on June 21st:

The SFL board held an emergency two-hour meeting at Alloa yesterday morning, as revealed by Record Sport, and reached a broad agreement on the principle of accepting newco Rangers into the second tier of the game.

But in return, they want guarantees going forward on voting rights, fairer financial distribution and easier access to the top flight for First Division clubs, most likely via a play-off system.

And to appease Sky TV chiefs it is understood the Glasgow Cup could be revived to ensure there will still be Old Firm clashes.

SFL chief executive David Longmuir was tight-lipped as he left Recreation Park yesterday lunchtime after talks with Ewen Cameron (Alloa), Kenny Ferguson (Brechin), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), Anne McKeown (Arbroath) and Jim Leishman (Dunfermline).

ohmy.gifcanny believe Lieshman was party to this, I used to like that guy but if this is true and he has agreed to this then fck him hes a p***k and doesnt deserve to be in officemad.gif

You're right. Some of them have undoubtedly wriggled out of this rather conveniently. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were others involved too (Yes, you Mr. Lawell.)The 3 you mentioned don't have enough weight to force this kind of thing on their own.

Undoubtedly, I suppose they have at least publicly stated positions consistent with the SPL, SFA, SFL scam unlike the rest who are hiding behind a wall of silence and the misdirection of their SPL No vote.

The problem is that this is really the only option that might have a significant impact. There's no way to effectively get at the SFL, SPL, SFA directly as far as I can tell - it has to come through the member clubs. Without the support of the clubs, these organisations fall; without paying support, the clubs fall.

This crisis is all about money. Therefore the solution necessarily must originate from withholding it. Make no mistake, if season book sales weren't at stake this would have been done and dusted weeks ago.

I doubt very much that the participants of this thread are representative of the footballing public at large, so the question is: if Rangers end up in SFL 1, are enough people willing to take action? Do you risk seeing your own club go under for the betterment of the Scottish game? I honestly doubt it, and I think the authorities are banking on this being the case.

Blackmail again from these corrupt c***s. Well I for one will not be back and the SFA can stick their season ticket up their arse. On Monday I will be demanding a refund of my SSC membership. Fuckin raging.

That`s it for me. The fact is that we should`nt have to fight for this. Now they introduce a fixed vote which they`ll have their sycophants telling us whilst not the best solution is the best result for Scottish football.

That`s it for me. I`ve emailed Firhill and informed them the ST won`t be renewed. I`ve also cancelled the D/D for the Centenary Gold membership.

If it does`nt matter what we as fans do or say what`s the point in trying to use finance to sway the decisions of our boards? They`ll just wring their hands and say they did their best but that it was a done deal.

Not yet mate. This isn't over, not by a long shot. Know exactly how you feel, but there's time yet and lots more to come I suspect.

Right now I'm absolutely sickened by what's going on.

I'm 59 years old, I've attended Firhill since I was about 5. My father & grandfather followed the Jags. My grandmother, my mother and her sister, and my next door neighbour all worked at Firhill. Thistle have been in my blood since I first knew what football was but it's over I think.

I'm not particularly proud of how the Thistle BOD have behaved throughout all of this, but that's not wha'ts done it. I just can't stomach what's being put together here.

It'll be the juniors for me next season. I love the sport, but the "business" has totally ruined it all for me and I can't see any way of fixing it.

A sad day indeed.

ohmy.gifcanny believe Lieshman was party to this, I used to like that guy but if this is true and he has agreed to this then fck him hes a p***k and doesnt deserve to be in officemad.gif

Yes, call a person a p***k over what is likely a bullshit rumour. And even if it is true, it may not have been a unanimous decision. Dunfermline have been openly against newco in Division 1.

For me if Rangers are put into the 1st Division I aint going back no matter what Dougie Rae's position on the matter is. It's less of a boycott and just more of a "what's the fucking point?". I have no desire to watch football in a league that isn't a fair playing field.

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly:

'We don't want to be in Division One with sanctions imposed to satisfy other people,' Kerr said.

'It is not a palatable solution at all. In any other football league organisation, you would join it at the bottom.'

'But what can we do? Reject the invitation to join the SFL? Not join a league at all?'

'It is a huge dilemma and it is of huge concern. And why should it be the case that there could be sanctions? Aren't the punishments we have had not been severe enough?'

'We were deducted points last season in SPL. We were fined, we are out of Europe and will be for three seasons.'

'We have lost the vast majority of our first-team squad. I don't know what else they can do?'

Mail Online

Edited by Ned Nederlander