Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Right then, the goalposts have moved. There were plenty of people who thought that the newco should at least be allowed to apply to SFL3, but that option is no longer available (as question 2 is worded in such a way as to make it heads-you-win, tails-you-lose). The only remaining option is to lean on chairmen to vote no to question 1, and have no Sevco at all in the league: that's the only way to bypass question 2. This is the respective boards' doing, and on their heads be it.

As a long term reader of this i am now incandescent with rage at the MSM and the utter idiots that run our game. Surely somebody has to stop this sorry saga from killing our game, how is it that Alex Thomson can ask the questions that none the current journalist think are relevant? Is it just me or do the SPL chairman not think this is totaly wrong to sit back and watch this stitch up,, if Rod Petrie thinks he can watch this happening and think, well I'm ok because I voted no then he is sadly mistaken. Anybody that reads into what the SFL,SFA are trying to do and thinks it is acceptable then I want no part of that club. Why are spl chairman not saying that what the lower division teams are having to deal with is a disgrace. Is it to much to ask that we have some feckin morals and sort this mess out,, put Dundee up or put back the pars, stick to the rules and put newco in the 3rd div, kick out all the blazers and start again with a new league setup, sfa give some punishment from the appeal board. We need some strong people to take the right decisions. This is doing my head in as most other fans I speak to really only get spoon fed the daily crap and they believe it, or chose to have no option at all !!!!! Away for a walk to calm doon...

Fans of SPL clubs are in no way to blame for this but does any SPL fan actually believe that if John Brown knew about this last week the SPL chairmen did not?

I believe this was all arranged before the SPL vote and held back.

Here's an idea; if they can't have a 'vote' per se. What about another method of reckoning? How about this:

Sevco get into the SFL if:

- Ally McCoist stays out of the papers for a week.

- Regan beats Turnbull Hutton in a 'shoot out' in an old warehouse

- Doncaster beats Alex Thomson in a 'square go' outside Hampden

- Dingwall beats Jim Spence in a 'dance off' in a multi-storey car park

- Bomber Brown beats Sandy Jardine in a duel with pistols at dawn (eveyones a winner here ;))

Edited by fozzie

1341692323[/url]' post='6408709']

Here's an idea; if they can't have a 'vote' per se. What about another method of reckoning? How about this:

Sevco get into the SFL if:

- Ally McCoist stays out of the papers for a week.

- Regan beats Turnbull Hutton in a 'shoot out' in an old warehouse

- Doncaster beats Alex Thomson in a 'square go' outside Hampden

- Dingwall beats Jim Spence in a 'dance off' in a multi-storey car park

- Bomber Brown beats Sandy Jardine in a duel with pistols at dawn (eveyones a winner here ;))

Better than the options proposed up to now!

Where the fcuk's all the baubles?

We the SFL fans are now being asked to accept Newco with nothing on the table about reconstruction, voting, finances etc.

You bunch of cheating, scheming, self serving b*****ds can get tae fcuk and take your Newco with you.

WE DON'T FUCKING TRUST YOU.

Edited by ayrmad

How many pages will this thread run to, and will it still be running on the first day of the season? I'm guessing well over 3000 and yes, especially if Plod's pending investigation into Murray and Whyte is covered under this thread.

So the SPL, SFA and SFL are all corrupt. Scottish Football really is in the grubber. These organisations needs a total clear-out of the likes of Regan, Doncaster, Longmuir and their backers.

How many pages will this thread run to, and will it still be running on the first day of the season? I'm guessing well over 3000 and yes, especially if Plod's pending investigation into Murray and Whyte is covered under this thread.

will have to change thread name to;

The big rangers administration/liquidation/hmrc investigation thread laugh.gif

Right then, the goalposts have moved. There were plenty of people who thought that the newco should at least be allowed to apply to SFL3, but that option is no longer available (as question 2 is worded in such a way as to make it heads-you-win, tails-you-lose). The only remaining option is to lean on chairmen to vote no to question 1, and have no Sevco at all in the league: that's the only way to bypass question 2. This is the respective boards' doing, and on their heads be it.

Heads I win, tails you lose.

I realise you are enraged

Keep calm and carry on :)

I knoiw some of you like to see it as a big, evil, pro-Rangers/OF conspiracy but the people in charge of our football authorities are clearly panicking about finances.

We know. However that doesn't legitimise or make conspiring in a pro Rangers fashion ok. In fact, it's exactly the reason everyones pissed off.

I knoiw some of you like to see it as a big, evil, pro-Rangers/OF conspiracy but the people in charge of our football authorities are clearly panicking about finances.

The governing bodies exist solely to represent the interests of their constituent clubs (who in turn exist because of the fans). If the clubs themselves are willing to directly accept the financial hit, then the governing bodies should not be conspiring in secret to overrule them (which is exactly what is happening).

The authorities believe that the game would bring in more revenue if it revolved entirely around the Old Firm. The clubs, for whatever reason, see the game as a competition, and are more interested in retaining the spirit of that than in maximising the numbers on the SFA's spreadsheets. The former are appointed by the latter. it's not their place to decide otherwise.

It wasn't too long ago that people were arguing that Scotttish football needed a shake up and the domination of the Glasgow giants needed to end. Now we have a chance to do that everybody is shouting no!

The point of this is not what league the Ibrox team play in but what happens when they get back to the SPL, we need to ensure that by that time voting rights and the split of sponshorship and tv money is fair.

We need to move on from what the old Rangers did and look to the, hopefuly brighter future for Scottish football

If the Queen can shake hands with scum like Martin McGuiness surely we can put up with the Ibrox club in Scottish football

Only my opinion feel free to disagree !!!

Bigot

will have to change thread name to;

The big rangers administration/liquidation/hmrc investigation thread laugh.gif

Call it the 'Big Ex-R*****s Clusterfuck: straight into the NSFW thread, far more appropriate!

Fair point, they are panicking, but what over?

Has anyone actually properly quantified the 'loss' from Rangers going into administration/liquidation?

Have the SPL used an accountant with a sharp enough pencil to calculate income steams?

I'd guess from Neil Lennon's recent statement that Celtic have.

So why hasn't Doncaster? And if he has, get the figures out there.

It wasn't too long ago that people were arguing that Scotttish football needed a shake up and the domination of the Glasgow giants needed to end. Now we have a chance to do that everybody is shouting no!

The point of this is not what league the Ibrox team play in but what happens when they get back to the SPL, we need to ensure that by that time voting rights and the split of sponshorship and tv money is fair.

We need to move on from what the old Rangers did and look to the, hopefuly brighter future for Scottish football

If the Queen can shake hands with scum like Martin McGuiness surely we can put up with the Ibrox club in Scottish football

Only my opinion feel free to disagree !!!

OK, I agree but lets wait 40 years :)