Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No-one's objecting to SevCo 5088 being in Scottish football.

People are objecting to what is effectively a new club being parachuted in at least two divisions higher than where they should have to start.

Yes but what I mean is that sometimes we need to see the bigger picture and you need to do things that may be unpalatable but need to be done for the long term good. If the Ibrox club are in division 1 then it must be for sound financial long term reasons for all clubs not because of threats of armageddon or social unrest.

I agree a new club being parachuted in at least two divisions higher than where they should have to start is not what I would like to see but if it improves Scottish football's future and breaks the reliance on the Glasgow giants then that is a result to celebrate surely

I would hate to see in four years time that we were back to square one and the only clubs to have suffered were the ones who had played by the rules and did nothing wrong.

Yes but what I mean is that sometimes we need to see the bigger picture and you need to do things that may be unpalatable but need to be done for the long term good. If the Ibrox club are in division 1 then it must be for sound financial long term reasons for all clubs not because of threats of armageddon or social unrest.

I agree a new club being parachuted in at least two divisions higher than where they should have to start is not what I would like to see but if it improves Scottish football's future and breaks the reliance on the Glasgow giants then that is a result to celebrate surely

I would hate to see in four years time that we were back to square one and the only clubs to have suffered were the ones who had played by the rules and did nothing wrong.

Yep, allowing a club to rack up huge debts, go into administration, liquidate themselves, form a new club and return with a one-season punishment is a great precedent to set.

I am totally against this entity being voted into SFL1, especially with the way they are going about it.

Are there any concessions however that we could get from the SPL/SFA to make it worth our while? Are there any concessions you would accept or is it a case of nothing is more important than sporting integrity?

Free lapdances for all spectators at the first home game of each month?

I want rangers to die, completely now, no 3rd, no juniors, no anything....this has gone beyond corrupt now.

Why are the majority of the Newco apologists also Motherwell fans....

motherwell-nazi-fans-image-1-275190609.jpg

I just answered my own question.

As a long term reader of this i am now incandescent with rage at the MSM and the utter idiots that run our game. Surely somebody has to stop this sorry saga from killing our game, how is it that Alex Thomson can ask the questions that none the current journalist think are relevant? Is it just me or do the SPL chairman not think this is totaly wrong to sit back and watch this stitch up,, if Rod Petrie thinks he can watch this happening and think, well I'm ok because I voted no then he is sadly mistaken. Anybody that reads into what the SFL,SFA are trying to do and thinks it is acceptable then I want no part of that club. Why are spl chairman not saying that what the lower division teams are having to deal with is a disgrace. Is it to much to ask that we have some feckin morals and sort this mess out,, put Dundee up or put back the pars, stick to the rules and put newco in the 3rd div, kick out all the blazers and start again with a new league setup, sfa give some punishment from the appeal board. We need some strong people to take the right decisions. This is doing my head in as most other fans I speak to really only get spoon fed the daily crap and they believe it, or chose to have no option at all !!!!! Away for a walk to calm doon...

Does anyone know the situation regarding any "Vote of No Confidence" or similar for the SFL? How likely is it is Longmuir could be ousted with immediate effect on Friday?

ETA: In fact, what are the procedures for Longmuir, Regan and Doncaster to all get the "Vote of No Confidence"?

Edited by Spain

[qbjuote name=stuart.' timestamp='1341690408' post='6408606]

I am totally against this entity being voted into SFL1, especially with the way they are going about it.

Are there any concessions however that we could get from the SPL/SFA to make it worth our while? Are there any concessions you would accept or is it a case of nothing is more important than sporting integrity?

None the whole point of a league is that it be a meritocracy not that you jump two or three levels cos of corruption or intimidation. We compromise now the whole brand of Scottish football is toxic for decades. We stand firm now we suffer some (nowhere near as much as MSN or bigot apologists say) short term pain but in ten fifteen twenty years we get youngsters following local teams not gloryhunting or following the religious imperative

I'm not saying it's what I want but a top 16, more money distribution and a change in voting rights is popular.

put Dundee up or put back the pars, stick to the rules and put newco in the 3rd div, kick out all the blazers and start again with a new league setup, sfa give some punishment from the appeal board. We need some strong people to take the right decisions.

well said

Does anyone know the situation regarding any "Vote of No Confidence" or similar for the SFL? How likely is it is Longmuir could be ousted with immediate effect on Friday?

ETA: In fact, what are the procedures for Longmuir, Regan and Doncaster to all get the "Vote of No Confidence"?

... couple of pages back. No provision for a confidence vote in the SFL. Not sure about the SFA. Doncaster's a paid employee.

Why are the majority of the Newco apologists also Motherwell fans....

motherwell-nazi-fans-image-1-275190609.jpg

I just answered my own question.

Sorry I thought we were allowed to have different opinions without being accused of crap like that.

Just because I din't agree with you doesnt mean I dont have anything but contempt for both sides of the old firm.

It wasn't too long ago that people were arguing that Scotttish football needed a shake up and the domination of the Glasgow giants needed to end. Now we have a chance to do that everybody is shouting no!

The point of this is not what league the Ibrox team play in but what happens when they get back to the SPL, we need to ensure that by that time voting rights and the split of sponshorship and tv money is fair.

We need to move on from what the old Rangers did and look to the, hopefuly brighter future for Scottish football

If the Queen can shake hands with scum like Martin McGuiness surely we can put up with the Ibrox club in Scottish football

Only my opinion feel free to disagree !!!

I want that shake up. But i want it to be properly debated and thought out. Not rushed through to faciltate a new club and to appease the Bully Boys.

In addition, any new club entering the league set up should apply to join at the entry level. This would happen with any other club and Newco are no different.

I want a shake up, but I dont want rules bent to accommodate one club........and I really dont want my club being forced to spend 10's of thousands of pounds policing that mob next year. Its far too soon after the firebomb threats etc

Edited due to my fuddled, gin fucked fingers.

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

Firstly, worth noting he's appointed by the Board.

There no mention of Votes of No Confidence in SFL rules, i.e. nothing binding.

EDIT: Fozzie already ably intervened.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Someone posted this on ONEF:

Longmuir has come out with his statement, and we now know that no matter what the chairmen decide in vote 1 (lets face it, if they vote no, to them entering sfl, dongcaster and regan will slip them into spl somehow)

Time for them to realise they've forgotten the biggest factor in sfl football. US

Regans secretarial staff - 'anne_marie.mcghie@scottishfa.co.uk'

'sandra.buchanan@scottishfa.co.uk '

SFL 'info@scottishfootballleague.com'

Lets clog the mailboxes. and let your clubs know what needs doing, it will be financially worse if they allow them into sfl1, as it'll be empty stadia

The 4 voices of reason so far, have been turnbull hutton, steven pressley, john yorkston and alex thompson.

But the biggest voice of all needs to be the fans... .yes it'll hurt, and may hurt the club you love....... but whats the point on a rigged league.

If newco are not winning the league by mid season, what do you bet some rule changes will come into play?

You, raith, dunfermline, any od the 1st division clubs, cannot win, and who wants to win a fixed hollow victory anyway.

Lets bring the B******s down.

Right then, the goalposts have moved. There were plenty of people who thought that the newco should at least be allowed to apply to SFL3, but that option is no longer available (as question 2 is worded in such a way as to make it heads-you-win, tails-you-lose). The only remaining option is to lean on chairmen to vote no to question 1, and have no Sevco at all in the league: that's the only way to bypass question 2. This is the respective boards' doing, and on their heads be it.