Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So what would happen should Dundee, Dunfermline or any other team that was invited into the SPL refuse to resign from the SFL? There would be no vacancy and therefore no place for Newco. Could this be the SFL clubs' nuclear device?

Come on DUNDEE and DUNFERMLINE....

Together you can shoot these b*****ds down......say NO to SPL

All this rule bending to get sevco into div 1 worries me greatly that the Appellate tribunal is rigged to give them the Scottish cup ban.

How can we seriously kick them out of football for a year or altogether when we are making it clear the SFA and SPL don't want them out of the SPL for longer than 1 year.?

We are getting duped guys, the suits are having meetings behind our backs which is trying it's best to rig this.

So what would happen should Dundee, Dunfermline or any other team that was invited into the SPL refuse to resign from the SFL? There would be no vacancy and therefore no place for Newco. Could this be the SFL clubs' nuclear device?

Don't think this is an available option

In my opinion I think the SPL would be delighted with this as it would mean they have the perfect excuse to vote Newco back in given there is nowhere else for them to play.

We threw them out but the nasty SFL refused to take them

As General Melchett might say "it's time for a meaningless gesture"

Edited by jdeep

The clubs can vote, they'll vote to accept Newco into the SFL and they'll then be over-ruled and Newco will get placed in the first division.

If Fifa/Uefa don't get involved and stop this ALL SFL clubs should vote NO to allowing Newco into the league altogether.

This is farce beyond farce, crooked and corrupt, they cannot allow themselves to be bullied into allowing newco to enter the league anywhere other than at the bottom level.

No club in the world who has been liquidated has started anywhere other than the bottom league of their respective countries, no matter what. It would be a dangerous precedent to allow this to happen now.

Probably as many have entered the 2nd tier as any lower tier in their respective set ups.

This is a more shameful state of affairs than I was hoping for, not unexpected though.

I would do that if that's what's needed. We've come too far with this issue to let these pen pushers dictate to Scottish football. We will never have this opportunity again. Either win the fight now or give up.

Agreed , if Rasputin FC are greased into D1 , we will all be back where we started in no time ,,an OF duopoly .

Why does everybody think that enough SFL chairmen are going to roll over and even admit Sevco to the SFL now?

They've been threatened, intimidated and bullied up until now and it's likely to increase in the run up to the vote. The way i see it, Longmuir, Regan and Doncaster have only infuriated most SFL chairmen with their arrogance and have probably done more to ensure a no to newco vote than anybody else could've hoped for.

not for me anymore

the clubs can only vote on what they are asked & nwhat they are asked is wrong , i wont punish my club for trying to do the right thing

Stupid comment - not surprised. The clubs can either fight back, backed by fans threatening to withdraw their financial support, or they can role over and be dictated to. Only unity in face of this time of dictatorship has any chance of success.

Eh?

Theres absolutely no way I wish for that to happen. The quicker Rangers are back in the top league is all that matters to the governing bodies and the SPL chairmen. They haven't given a shit about changes for years, don't see why they'll give a shit now.

Eh? I merely replied to your post where you thought we were heading for Sevco in Div 1 - with no change to the structure or finances of Scottish football.

Aye, though things were slightly different in 2002 as this was before the Serie A breakaway. Also they did get special treatment as Serie B was expanded and they got special allowance to go direct C2 > B.

OK.

BTW - clean out your Private Messages box :)

Borys

Perhaps an overly simplistic approach but...

Vote no to Rangers in the SFL next week if the SFL are simply going to put them in Div 1.

Green walks because he hasnt got what Doncaster, Regan and Longmuir promised him (minimal sanctions).

Leaves a space in the SFL.

New new Rangers (post Green) apply for that. Then they go into div 3 like everyone else has to?

Eh? I merely replied to your post where you thought we were heading for Sevco in Div 1 - with no change to the structure or finances of Scottish football.

Aye thats what I think could well happen. I certainly don't agree with anything Jim Traynor has said and I won't spend another penny on Scottish Football unless Rangers are punted to the bottom.

An example of a precedent more similar to the Rangers proposal is that of Derry City - they were "dissolved" in November 2009, reformed (they claim their history), and admitted to the First Division (tier 2) not A Championship (3) for the 2010 season.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Sorry to ask a potentially daft question ...but I will anyway!! Was fiorentina a newco? I thought they had been relegated due to someof corruption? Anyway newco here despite mccoists pish isn't being punished by demotion ...it's a brand new entity which if voted in should not be reward with two instant promotions! Surely east Stirling could claim a Dbl promotion since a precedent would have been set?? On top of tommo going to fifa and uefa there must be room for a club to take sfl board /sfa/spl to CAS

Stupid comment - not surprised. The clubs can either fight back, backed by fans threatening to withdraw their financial support, or they can role over and be dictated to. Only unity in face of this time of dictatorship has any chance of success.

My club has stated they believe that newco should start nowhere other than SFL3 & i agree with them

to vote newco into the SFL setup they MUST vote them into SFL 3 (according to the question) after that point my club has no part in the further decision as to whether they can be moved to SFL 1

calling me stupid & spelling roll as role rolleyes.gif

The Italian setup is in some ways similar.

Serie A - own organisation

Serie B - own organisation

Lega Pro - levels three and four

then you have the National Amateurs' League running levels 5th through 9th

So it's like having SPL1 and SPL2 as two separate organisations, with a two level SFL below :)

Borys

As a Motherwell fan I am positively tumescent at the though of our Champions League adventure this year. However if the result of all this instiutional corruption and gerrymandering is having all the teams punted our of Europe by UEFA then so be it. That's what you get for not playing by the rules.

Fat Boy Traynor said he's fed up hearing about sporting integrity. You know what? I agree. It's even simpler than that, it's *sport*. If you make decisions based on the 'product' or what's right for 'going forward' then it's not a sport, at best it's an entertainment, at worst it's just plain embarrassing. Well I grew out of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks a long time ago, and I can grow out of fixed Scottish football too.

what if the following scenario emerged??

1.Against all odds, the SFL clubs vote against newco being admitted to sfl

2. SFA/SFL board overrule and order that newco play in the 1st

3. First day of new season,newco vs Dumbarton, what if dumbarton refuse to play

2nd fixture,livi v newco livi refuse to play etc etc right through the seasoncool.gif

yes I know that thye would be awarded 3 points but surely then fifa/uefa would step in,

absolutely ridiculous, I Know, but who knows, stranger things etc etc

Come on DUNDEE and DUNFERMLINE....

Together you can shoot these b*****ds down......say NO to SPL

That's a thought, if Dundee and Dunfermline both say no...

11 team SPL and no vacancy in the SFL?

That would be brilliant, however unlikely laugh.gif

Sorry to ask a potentially daft question ...but I will anyway!! Was fiorentina a newco? I thought they had been relegated due to someof corruption? Anyway newco here despite mccoists pish isn't being punished by demotion ...it's a brand new entity which if voted in should not be reward with two instant promotions! Surely east Stirling could claim a Dbl promotion since a precedent would have been set?? On top of tommo going to fifa and uefa there must be room for a club to take sfl board /sfa/spl to CAS

I think Fiorentina formed as Florentia Viola or something then got the history back somehow, I'm not sure. I looked up the league tables as someone said FIFA had objected. Don't follow you regarding East Stirling specifically.