Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I guess we're back to a fans boycott again then....In all 4 divisions ?

not for me anymore

the clubs can only vote on what they are asked & nwhat they are asked is wrong , i wont punish my club for trying to do the right thing

The clubs can vote, they'll vote to accept Newco into the SFL and they'll then be over-ruled and Newco will get placed in the first division.

If Fifa/Uefa don't get involved and stop this ALL SFL clubs should vote NO to allowing Newco into the league altogether.

This is farce beyond farce, crooked and corrupt, they cannot allow themselves to be bullied into allowing newco to enter the league anywhere other than at the bottom level.

No club in the world who has been liquidated has started anywhere other than the bottom league of their respective countries, no matter what. It would be a dangerous precedent to allow this to happen now.

The clubs can vote, they'll vote to accept Newco into the SFL and they'll then be over-ruled and Newco will get placed in the first division.

If Fifa/Uefa don't get involved and stop this ALL SFL clubs should vote NO to allowing Newco into the league altogether.

This is farce beyond farce, crooked and corrupt, they cannot allow themselves to be bullied into allowing newco to enter the league anywhere other than at the bottom level.

correct

No club in the world who has been liquidated has started anywhere other than the bottom league of their respective countries, no matter what. It would be a dangerous precedent to allow this to happen now.

wrong

That's not actually true, though - as was apparent just in looking-up Fiorentina's case... they entered Serie C2 not (for example) Serie D. There are probably lots of cases of clubs restarting part-way up their structures, and there are probably some cases of clubs restarting in Tier 2 (e.g. Derry). Whether both ever occurred is more interesting.

Let me get this right.

Proposal 1. Vote on Newco allowed to join SFL or not.

Proposal 2. The SFL clubs get to vote yes or no to the newco in SFL3 and the outcome will be what happens unless the SFL board can agree with the SPL and the SFA on a number of issues which would result in newco in SFL1. So the vote is pointless if there is an agreement between SPL, SFA & SFL.

Proposal 3. Dundee or Dunfermilne into SPL.

The measures releated to Proposal 2 SPL, SFL & SPL agreements will be made available before the meeting.

Is that correct?

I expect there to be a leak of the measures as soon as the SFL clubs get them and a number of chairmen to be seriously and rightly infuriated by this.

This is just getting more and more stupid with every passing day - not sure if its becoming more boring and drawn out or more corrupt.

I can't see UEFA allowing the SFA to set a precedent

worst case scenario(if uefa involved,- scotland punted from WC qualifiers, Saints,hearts,well,united punted from europeph34r.gif

best outcomeif uefa step in , goodbye cockwomble,regan and longmuir ,newco in 3rdbiggrin.gif

So, you've to vote Sevco into the SFL, then the Board will do a stitch-up with the SPL & SFA which allows them to place Sevco in the 1st.............no ability to take away the 1st as the outcome.

BUT - as an incentive to bend over, we're gonna give you a buffet lunch!

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the "Board") to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

Could an amendment to (ii) above be tabled NOT to give the Board such authority ?

Edited by Wokcomble

IMO the only way out of this mess now is for dundee & dunfermline to withdraw application to SPL leaving no vacancy in the SFLrolleyes.gif

only way we can salvage anything left from this is to put the SPL back in the shit now

Edited by itzdrk

Serie C2 isn't the foot of the Italian League set-up either though.

Have there been many similar cases?

E.g. SFL1 = the bottom full-time level and the next governing body down. SFL3 = bottom national level and bottom of the interlinked pyramid. West Juniors Central 2nd Division = bottom professional level.

Also how quickly might FIFA resolve it?

The Italian setup is in some ways similar.

Serie A - own organisation

Serie B - own organisation

Lega Pro - levels three and four

then you have the National Amateurs' League running levels 5th through 9th

So it's like having SPL1 and SPL2 as two separate organisations, with a two level SFL below :)

Borys

Let me get this right.

Proposal 1. Vote on Newco allowed to join SFL or not.

Proposal 2. The SFL clubs get to vote yes or no to the newco in SFL3 and the outcome will be what happens unless the SFL board can agree with the SPL and the SFA on a number of issues which would result in newco in SFL1. So the vote is pointless if there is an agreement between SPL, SFA & SFL.

Proposal 3. Dundee or Dunfermilne into SPL.

The measures releated to Proposal 2 SPL, SFL & SPL agreements will be made available before the meeting.

Is that correct?

I expect there to be a leak of the measures as soon as the SFL clubs get them and a number of chairmen to be seriously and rightly infuriated by this.

This is just getting more and more stupid with every passing day - not sure if its becoming more boring and drawn out or more corrupt.

So what would happen should Dundee, Dunfermline or any other team that was invited into the SPL refuse to resign from the SFL? There would be no vacancy and therefore no place for Newco. Could this be the SFL clubs' nuclear device?

The way I read the propsal is -

There is one vote on three parts, not three seperate votes on each section. So, part 1 admit Sevco to the SFL, part 2 agree that they will play in SFL3 and part 3 agree that either Dundee or Dunfermline will go to the SPL.

The massive rider on part 2 is they go to SFL3

UNLESS the Board shall have to IT'S ( the boards) satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, WHEREUPON the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

Presumably the SFL board have already agreed their measures with the SPL and SFA, so when the clubs vote yes to part 1 and automatically vote yes to parts 2 and 3 the board then announce that they have an agreement with the SPL and SFA therefore Sevco will go directly to SFL1.

The only way round it is if enough clubs have the balls to vote NO which I guess is not likely.

I think every supporters club and every trust should get their fans upto this meeting on Friday.

This is what I meant when I stated the SPL vote was just a sham Ric.

worst case scenario(if uefa involved,- scotland punted from WC qualifiers,

That is exactly what I am now worried about.

FIFA are looking to cut back on football associations and GB having four associations has long been frowned upon.

Therefore this would be a suitable excuse to say that the Scottish FA is not fit to run anything and therefore goodbye Scotland as a national team.

I fear the worst outcome of all. Rangers in SFL1 with no structural or financial changes.

Aye right. Even allowing for the fact that many of us have now re-newed our STs on the back of the 'No to Newco in the SPL' vote - Scottish football kicking off next season with no change to the structure, plus Sevco XI slipped into the second-tier would see fans at every Scottish club simply not turn up.

Are you Jim Traynor?

I guess we're back to a fans boycott again then....In all 4 divisions ?

I would do that if that's what's needed. We've come too far with this issue to let these pen pushers dictate to Scottish football. We will never have this opportunity again. Either win the fight now or give up.

The Italian setup is in some ways similar.

Serie A - own organisation

Serie B - own organisation

Lega Pro - levels three and four

then you have the National Amateurs' League running levels 5th through 9th

So it's like having SPL1 and SPL2 as two separate organisations, with a two level SFL below :)

Borys

Aye, though things were slightly different in 2002 as this was before the Serie A breakaway. Also they did get special treatment as Serie B was expanded and they got special allowance to go direct C2 > B.

Aye right. Even allowing for the fact that many of us have now re-newed our STs on the back of the 'No to Newco in the SPL' vote - Scottish football kicking off next season with no change to the structure, plus Sevco XI slipped into the second-tier would see fans at every Scottish club simply not turn up.

Are you Jim Traynor?

Eh?

Theres absolutely no way I wish for that to happen. The quicker Rangers are back in the top league is all that matters to the governing bodies and the SPL chairmen. They haven't given a shit about changes for years, don't see why they'll give a shit now.