Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So basically there is no vote and if the SPL and SFA decide its in best interest for Div1 then that's that?

Well yes !

Why bother even suggesting there's the remotest possibility that 'The Board' would stick Sevco Scotland Ltd into the Third at all !?

Yet another example of stupidity in this sorry arsed farce !!

It has to be a firm 'no' to Section 1, I didn't think it were possible but the idiots just ensured Sevco aint in the league at all next year !!!

Heads will roll if this comes to pass without a vote...

I think you've misinterpreted.....there are votes. BUT the thing is the only real vote is whether Sevco 'could be accepted to the SFL'. I don't see a sufficient number going against this, most would be wary of saying no entirely to Cevco in Scottish Football.

BUT, thereafter there is no real power to say "no way to a Division 1 parachute". The Board want it remitted to them to reach the deal which allows Cevco into the 1st.

Can member clubs not propose altenate resolutions to these fit-up ones???????

Edited by Claymores

If that is a genuine statement I actually feel a bit sick.

For the first time in this whole saga I am considering whether I will be supporting my team next year. I have just about had it with this bullshit!

I had thought that as long as my club voted against the Division 1 option I would still turn up at Palmerston, even if newco got into the first through the votes of other teams. But the lengths that those at the top are prepared to stretch to, have made me question whether i can justify any interest in scottish football at all!

Next season would have been my 20th following Queens and i was looking forward to an attempt at winning the second divison title. Now I feel like giving it up altogether! I hope there are enough SFL chairmen prepared to do the right thing and restore my faith in scottish football :unsure:

Edited by happysouth

Heads will roll if this comes to pass without a vote...

I believe you are misreading the proposal, item ii) will be voted upon, whether or not to give the management board the authority to negotiate a sevco XI into SFL1 in return for a promise to negotiate league reorganisation in the future.

It iwill be up to the clubs' representatives to ensure that this is voted down.

This will only get passed if the SFL representatives are not strong enough to resist it. If a majority of clubs opposes it it will not pass. When will people realise the SFL board is accountable to the clubs not vis versa. All it requires ahead of the meeting is for two or three of them to publicly call for the resignation of Longmuir and the real debate will start.

As for the bit that 'negotiated and reached agreement with' the SPL, if my club has been complicit in agreeing a deal or giving concessions to acheive this they can f**k off.

Can't the clubs vote yes to "1" and no to "2"?

And can't the clubs add item "iv" to the agenda - the newly accepted member Sevco starts life in the 3rd Division?

Borys

Maybe im wrong but im reading this as

Resolution 1 - allow ZombieRangers into SFL league

Resolution 2 - move them to SFL1

By default Res 1 will put them in SFL3 wont it ? Thats what needs clariified before any vote.

If the clubs dont get clarification then they shouldnt turn up at the vote , although whatever SFL Rule 53 says will also need to be confirmed

I truly hope it is breaking the rules and that UEFA get involved. Longmuir, Doncaster and Regan should be lined up and shot.

Am I alone in thinking that UEFA probably don't care that much? If it was an important league like Italy or Germany then that's on their radar...Scotland = football backwater.

Maybe im wrong but im reading this as

Resolution 1 - allow ZombieRangers into SFL league

Resolution 2 - move them to SFL1

By default Res 1 will put them in SFL3 wont it ? Thats what needs clariified before any vote.

If the clubs dont get clarification then they shouldnt turn up at the vote , although whatever SFL Rule 53 says will also need to be confirmed

Rule 53 basically says you must attend and vote - otherwise your Club will face sanctions/penalties.

A couple of things worry me.

We seem to have forgotten that the SFA have told Rangers that they "have a case to answer" vis a vis the double contracts. So why are the SFA working so hard to ensure Rangers get into SFL1? Is it because if they are in SFL3 the only real punishment for the double contracts is kicking them out of the league, and with Ally and co announcing their willingness to embrace SFL3 it wont be too much of a shock when they end up there as a punishment for the double contracts. For the life of me I cant understand why Regan is pushing for SFL1, and this is the only way it makes sense to me.

One other small matter, part of the bribe being offered to the SFL is an extra promotion place, through a play-off, to the SPL. Wouldn't the SPL clubs have to approve that particular scenario? I honestly cant see too many of them accepting that, the league is cut throat enough without doubling the possibility of relegation.

Can the Regan and Doncaster really offer that without the approval of the clubs, or have the clubs already, tacitly, given their approval?

I get the feeling we've been led up the garden path and the SFA and SPL know precisely where this is all going to end.

It all reads like a piss poor JK Rowling script.

Think I and others misunderstood proposal (ii) - originally thought it was the vote to allow them into Div 3 (but could then be ignored if the SFL board insisted they play in Div 1) ... Still hope the clubs vote No to (i) though, would be a massive vote of No Confidence against the corrupt muppets running our game.