Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

All that stuff is not about the end of the world.

It's about change, and we are most certainly seeing a massive upheaval in Scottish football.

The key point is not to fear change, accept it, welcome it, someting good comes out of it, however long that takes.:D

When a hurricane is coming, you can build a windbreak or build a windmill - Confucius*

*or mibbes I just made it up!wink.gif

If we're going to compare FA's etc...

Fiorentina were entered to 5th division after liquidation I believe.

4th division - then allowed to "skip" leagues on their way back to Serie A in a couple of seasons...

Edited by Johnny Remo

From what has been said about the agreement they don't need to consult lawyers, it is an empty threat.

It is never too soon to get your lawyers on the case. Kills all the fud and grandstanding nonsense from people like Doncaster.

The SFL is there to do the best for their member clubs, not to try to defend the SPL nor protect Doncaster's job from the imminent P45.

Time the SFL put him on the back foot and back to where he belongs, shuffling reports and Powerpoint presentations in a glass walled corner office at Hampden. mad.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

@Martin1Williams: #Rangers AllyMcCoist on newco LeedsU getting 15pt deduction in Div1 "I know it's a different FA some might say a more understanding one"

McCoist is now as bad a Lennon.

It will be another great day in Scottish football when he is punted, especially if he is turned on by the Sevco fans.

He'll be the only one aroused by them!

Listening to David Longmuir aka Quisling , it would appear that he is pressuring SFL clubs into a yes for Newco in Div 1 by offering the carrot of league re-construction.

Maybe I've missed something but The SFL can still demand re-construction for admitting Newco to Div 3 if enough clubs have the balls to do it.

Nah you havent missed anything per se..its just that this omnifarce is all about saving newco..and nothing to do with appeasing sponsors, sky, saving the other 41 clubs, sporting integrity or league reconstruction. Regan Doncaster Ogilvie and Longmuir should all be forced out of scottish football immediately. The cheek of Longmuir to tell fans to stop pressurising clubs whilst Regan threatens to impose a new structure if he doenst like the result of the vote is astonishimg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18730809?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

To sum up:

McCoist wants SFL3

Rangers fans wants SFL3

Everyone else wants SFL3

But Doncaster, Longmuir and Regan want SF1

Oh and Rangers only have 6 first team players so they are screwed either way. In my opinion they would struggle to get out the 1st division anyway.

If we're going to compare FA's etc...

Fiorentina were entered to 5th division after liquidation I believe.

This being the most relevant comparison available. And perhaps the denial of a league position to Airdrie's newco when they first applied for the vacancy created by Airdrieonians.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by partick_twinny

Surely that makes you no better than the blue biggots with all their talks of bans. As a supporter of an SPL club all you can hope for was that your club said no to newco in the SPL which they duly did. Its now up to every SFL club to come to their own decisions and I for one will not be boycotting any Scottish club (bar TTFKAR and Septic who's grounds I haven't paid into in 20 years).

I honestly cannot understand your stance mate.

So you are happy to continue to go along and watch Scottish fitba next season, regardless of where SEVCOFC end up? Just as long as your team voted the right way?

You see, this is where I think we (as fans) could come undone here. The way I see it is this....

"I am a Scottish football fan, and unless Scottish football does the right thing, I won't be back".

Your stance seems to be...

"I am a (insert team here) fan, and as long as my team does the right thing then I'll be back".

That just seems fundamentally flawed bud.

It's all or nowt here. We need to stand as one, regardless of what individual sides we follow.

Agree - Doncaster & Regan are surely dead men walking. The question is - will they wreak more havoc before we get rid? Their motives at present are highly questionable - and anything I've heard from my own club suggests that they are on borrowed time.

Certainly hope so...the fact that they are witholding registrations of players refusing to tupe further suggests them trying to help newco to detriment of others ( hoping players lawyers hand their arses to them in court for that one ) Ogilvie and Longmuir need to go as well. Their needs to be root and branch reform of the game far beyond the mccleish review...needs action this time from league reconstruction and regionalised pyramids, to coaching the youth coaches, to financial transparency ( epsecially on elected officials holding shares in clubs ffs ) etc etc. There is a real opportunity here if we can get over this omnicrisis.

McCoist, Jardine, Brown, and Traynor are sounding increasingly desperate. I can understand McCoist feeling hurt, tired, and drained by it all. In my mind, I picture all of them as Harrison Ford in Blade Runner, hanging onto that ledge by their fingers, and are spitting defiantly up into the face of their enemies before..... some daft cnut grabs them and hauls them up into Division 1.

Fcuk you Ridley Scott, you BASTURT.

You're a man after my own heart. You want to make something romantic and regal and scarificial of this but, really, deep down, it's just a tawdry pile of shite.

And you've just spoilt Bladerunner for me forever - McCoist hanging by his fingertips? Bollox, gravity rules.

Agree - Doncaster & Regan are surely dead men walking. The question is - will they wreak more havoc before we get rid? Their motives at present are highly questionable - and anything I've heard from my own club suggests that they are on borrowed time.

Remember what Whytie promised ? a £25 million war chest for players.Remember Green ! I promise a war chest in the tens of millions ? sound familiar ?.

I believe the running of Ibrox is going to cripple the club to the extent that the administrators will be called in.Green hasn't publicly declared any amount of money in the bank has he ? and only says there is working capital in place ! is this the dafties money that already bought season tickets or had their standing order took by another company sevco 5088 instead of Rangers PLC ?.Green is a crook albeit a legal crook but a crook non the less.Even if the newco plays in any league next season it's only a matter of time before the newco will run into serious trouble financially.Greens master stroke would have been straight into the SPL no hassle but that's been fucked.Bomber Brown has now instigated financial problems ahead for Green,no doubt there will be more chancers ready to step in and unsteady Greens ship.The only way Green will survive this is if he spunks millions into the newco himself or by his invisible backers and win the fans over by investing investors cash and that ain't forth coming anytime soon I'd guess.The orcs may have their moment of glory by having a newco team start the season but it's all downhill from there and if the team is crap on the park then expect fireworks.Good times ahead I reckon :D.

@Martin1Williams: #Rangers AllyMcCoist on newco LeedsU getting 15pt deduction in Div1 "I know it's a different FA some might say a more understanding one"

McCoist is now as bad a Lennon.

It will be another great day in Scottish football when he is punted, especially if he is turned on by the Sevco fans.

Leeds were never liquidated so is sally saying he wanted a 15 point deduction instead of a 10 or is he talking pish again?

Here's what happens when you are liquidated down south

The FA ruled that the club be demoted to step five of the pyramid, and as the former club no longer exists would need to change their name.

Edited by Bloomogganners

I genuinely worry for the atmosphere at SPL games if Rangers ever return.

They were a very undesirable bunch before they had a reason to be arseholes.

Maybe 1 of their sanctions should be behave yourself ya shower of bigotted fukwits or it's back to the fizzy pop with you.

wish some folk on here would stop threatening to boycott clubs.. were all in this together, and are starting to sound like the fans of a club we used to laugh at.. these SFL clubs never asked for this huge turd to be dropped on them. for some it wont matter but most of the lower league teams are small community clubs that depend on an old guy selling half time draws etc to make adifference to funds . if we should be directing any kind real anger at anybody in this farce it should be the games governing body the SFA. this should have been dealt with ages ago and not 3 weeks before the sfl start the first round of cup games. a lot of honest hard working folk at small clubs are going to get rough ride over this through no fault of their own making..on top of this , the governing body of the game say they will put sevco in div1 any way so i think we should all lay off cubs until this is made clearer..i doubt sevco have the funds to be playing at any level next season , unless green has sorted out that airline co to rename the stadium with. so all im saying is stop dividing ourselves and see what the SFA do ,

In an earlier post, someone outlined the massive running costs that any new Sevco XI would still have, but with 3rd Div crowds / prices / sponsorship - etc... Got me thinking. With a threadbare squad, I think they would still be a lot better than their Div 3 rivals - but this same squad parachuted into a bloody hard league with steet-wise outfits like Falkirk, Dunfermline/Dundee, Partick... and more... they could struggle.

From a financial POV, the argument from nappy-clarting prophets of doom is that they want Rangers back in the SPL as quickly as humanly possible, so having them start in Div 3 is a killer. As I have suggested, Div 1 will be a helluva' lot harder to crack. Not so sure that a newco parachuted into Div 1 would guarantee that quick return that the suits crave.

Just a thought.

Of course Seveco won't waltz out of Div1. That's why this is all wrapped up in league reconstruction so they can shoehorn in as many chances as they can for Seveco to get promoted into the the SPL