Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just sent to Longmuir......mad.gif

"Mr Longmuir,

Your latest statement is a most worrying tirade against the feelings of the MAJORITY of people who consider themselves football fans. Are we to read into this veiled threat that "...outside influences..." are not what you, as a Chief Executive of the Country's National Football Association, worthy or appropriately considered ? If you think you and the other noble gentlemen of the governing body have all the answers and that fans across the country are to simply swallow your dictats then you are a sadly mistaken man indeed.

The game in our country is rotten to the core. Money chasing has led too many clubs to reach beyond their means and now is THE time to take proper measures to re-establish the game in our country by levelling the imbalances favoured by the few and suffered by the many.

Occasionally opportunities to take steps back result in greater strides forward.... Now IS SUCH A TIME.... putting whatever club that emerges from the RFC fiasco into the THIRD Division is the RIGHT move, for the RIGHT reasons, at the RIGHT time.

Your statement, sir, is in itself an "outside influence" in that you seek to influence chairmen to ignore their own fans opinions in some 'greater plan or knowledge' that only you and people like you could possibly understand..... maybe Chairmen should ignore your influence... I sincerely hope they do.

(My Name)LIFELONG football fan, proud Scot."

"In this situation and having considered the consequences for the club primarily, but also that of the many other clubs who would suffer significantly, we will support Rangers Newco joining the SFL on the strict proviso that the various elements of restructuring and merging of the league are agreed to our satisfaction.

“For the reasons stated above, we would anticipate that the Rangers Newco would be entering at Div 1.”

I know the above may be (read by me) out of context, but where do they say yes to SFL DIV1?

Do they really believe "the various elements of restructuring and merging of the league are agreed to our satisfaction" will be to their satisfaction, or will the SFL/SFA just make empty promises?

And surely anticipation is different from acceptance?

Or am I just thick?

Excellent statement from Stenny to be fair. They've set out their position and explained their thinking.

What are we looking at now then?

No

Raith Rovers

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

Morton

Cowdenbeath

Hamilton

Livingston

Falkirk

Clyde

Stranraer

Annan

Alloa

Stirling

Yes

Stenny

Abstaining

Dundee

Airdrie

If my sums are right, do Rangers not need every single undeclared team to say yes to be in division 1? :unsure:

As it stands, SPL 2 will contain Sevco and Stenny, if that were to be the case.

I wish you'd stop leaving East Fife off the list of 'Nos'. Especially since East Fife have gone further than most of the qualified nos. Unlike others who imply that they'd support automatic passage to Sevco to the 3rd, EFFC have stated that "Any Newco must follow the normal application route into the bottom tier."

In other words, they see no place for Sevco as a given until and unless their application proves to be superior to anone else's.

What impact will the demise of Rangers have on you as a Linlithgow Rose fan ?

I'm miles behind the pace here but in case this hasn't been answered here goes ...

f**k all.

They have cheated for 20 years. They are potentially £100m in debt. They have been liquidated. They are trying to re-start as a new club. They should join the queue. I've always hated Rangers (see Cunto Regan and tribalism). Nothing has changed in that regard. Them not being part of Scottish football whether as oldco or newco suits me fine. f**k them. However, if they are part of it - and they will be - then they need to play to the same rules as the rest of us. No fuckin parachutes. Start like the rest have started. Everyone else will just need to cut cloth to suit.

Bad Day :D

Disturbance At The Big Hoose

The Great Beyond (where they are right now)

How The SPL Was Won (And Where It Got Us)

Ignoreland (where the SPL's sent them now)

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT (AND I FEEL FINE) - should be played over every SPL tannoy at the start of next season.

Leave

Man-Sized Wreath

Minty Got A Raw Deal

Pretty Persuasion (Lack Of It)

Rangers Free Europe

Whiny Unhappy Peepel

Greetiness Follow Follows

Try Not To Breathe

The Wake Up Bomb (See Ya, Don't Wanna Be Ya!)

We All Go Back To Where We Belong

You AREN'T The Everything

Excellent work - Hughie for Whiny Unhappy Peepel alone!

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

I'm not saying that Sevco will get an average of 4-5K Bums On Seats. I was just trying to find a rough break-even point for Sevco. I'm not going into guessing how much they may get, just what's the minimum they need

I bow before your knowledge.

All I known is that 1st Div teams playing in front of 3-4K people have 1,5-2M budgets ...

Borys

Yeah I know where your coming from but that sfl one budget is prob what oldco was spending just on pitch management for ibrox and mp.its kinda (no disrespect to sfl one teams intended ) like comparing the operating budget for a corner shop to a tescos...and telling tesco to survive on the income of the corner shop. It can't be done without huge lines of credit from bank...which newco doesn't have.re crowds from mid seventies to mid eighties as a top tier side were getting only five thousand odd for non of games...anyone planning on them bringing in more than that in bottom tier is deluded...even in second tier if the squad isn't winning easily the crowds will flatline.

Time for real fan power.

The only leverage the numpties at the SPL and SFA have to batter the clubs with is the threat of sponsors pulling out. Why don't the fans of Scotland make it clear we will boycott any company that does that. The losses from a large boycott and the negative PR would massively outweigh the perceived costs of maintaining sponsorship of an Rangerless SPL.

nice wee dig at Regan at the end eh?

yep

shame about everything before it but

its a done deal but wur no tellin yeez till we have had time to put the right spin on it

Time for real fan power.

The only leverage the numpties at the SPL and SFA have to batter the clubs with is the threat of sponsors pulling out. Why don't the fans of Scotland make it clear we will boycott any company that does that. The losses from a large boycott and the negative PR would massively outweigh the perceived costs of maintaining sponsorship of an Rangerless SPL.

found a website you might like to sign up for

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showforum=1

H2H

I'm miles behind the pace here but in case this hasn't been answered here goes ...

f**k all.

They have cheated for 20 years. They are potentially £100m in debt. They have been liquidated. They are trying to re-start as a new club. They should join the queue. I've always hated Rangers (see Cunto Regan and tribalism). Nothing has changed in that regard. Them not being part of Scottish football whether as oldco or newco suits me fine. f**k them. However, if they are part of it - and they will be - then they need to play to the same rules as the rest of us. No fuckin parachutes. Start like the rest have started. Everyone else will just need to cut cloth to suit.

Amen Brother.

This is pish. There's not going to be an SPL 2. Why the f**k are so many people on this thread buying into this scaremongering pish. Do you still look underml your bed at night because somebody told you there is a bogey man?

Naw as a teenager I learned that if u store enough magazines there then there's no room for him. As I said I was erring on side of pessimistic mainly due to fact that Regan stated that was the intent and I don't believe for a second he came up with the idea in isolation. I agree the mechanic for such a change doesn't exist but that isn't to say that regan doncaster and some chairmen haven't come up with an ill thought out idiotic corrupt plan to finagle one. That said I'd prefer you to be right!

I've figured out where all these millions that are going "missing from Scottish Football" have gone.

It's so simple it's been staring me in the face the whole time.

It's the £130+ million that Rangers have been systematically cheating from everyone isn't it? The massive donations by HMRC, British Gas, Stirling Fire Protection, Shred-it, Parklands Country Club, Milngavie Mini Market, etc, etc have stopped haven't they?

I figured this all out by myself, Mr Doncaster. Perhaps I should take over. 8)

Then did you pose the question that I posed to you. What mechanism is there for the SFA to impose a decision on the SFL? For Christ sake Regan is not the SFA, the SFA is a body and anything Regan does would need to be sanctioned. The SFA board is accountable to the whole of Scottish football.

The only danger here is that people actually believe this havering arse when he goes around making these outrageous threats.

I'll say it again REGAN IS NOT THE SFA.

Exactly. If it were true that the SFA can impose a decision on the SFL, why can't they impose a decision on the SPL?

This is a gamesmanship and, unfortunately, Stenny have bought it hook line and sinker. It's a similar scenario playing out as with the SPL vote, we're going to have a week of 'Armageddon' threats from those who want the status quo (queue a plethora of suitable song titles) and those who can see a better way for Scottish football.