Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

19m Scott McClymont ‏@mcclymontscott

@itzdrk 1st question SFL will be given next Friday is 'Are the SFL in a position to accommodate Rangers into the Scottish Football League?'

15m Scott McClymont ‏@mcclymontscott

@itzdrk yeah sorry to clarify if SFL clubs answer yes to 1st Q then it means the vacancy goes to Rangers. So it won't be opened up to others

Scott McClymont ‏@mcclymontscott

@itzdrk No problem always happy to help. Our video with David Longmuir will be online in a few minutes which should clear up any confusion

No,he's hasn't got the merest grasp of figures.

Sit down and multiply some crowd numbers with gate prices and tell me they can't make a profit in the 3rd.

Upkeep of the ground (assuming it's Ibrox - which isn't in terribly great nick)

Players who didn't walk away - same high wages now

Policing costs, taxes and all the other stuff they didn't pay for over the last umpteen years

Generally, living within their means - have they allowed for this?

I don't think SKY will walk away but if they do Doncaster and Regan will be to blame for laying the groundwork and spreading the rumours.

Have you seen some of the pish SKY show? There is no chance Scottish football will be dropped. It might lose some of its value (there is still little or no evidence for that) but they will keep a grip on it.

No,he's hasn't got the merest grasp of figures.

Sit down and multiply some crowd numbers with gate prices and tell me they can't make a profit in the 3rd.

5500 per game paying 10 quid equals a million pounds a season.

Or

4000 per game paying 15 quid equals a million pounds a season.

With the upkeep of IP and MF mentioned here being 3M a year my ballpark calculations point to Seveco needing an average attendance of 12-15 000 per game to cover the cost of the ground alone.

Borys

Edited by Borys

my ballpark calculations point to Seveco needing and average attendance of 12-15 000 per game to cover the cost of the ground alone.

IMHO it wouldn't surprise me if they got that. Basis for that is that these guys are there to see their team win on a weekly basis and that they feel they'll have a cause to keep the club afloat. I doubt they'd get the supporters buses down from Wick / Stornoway / Elgin etc but there's plenty of others around Glasgow that'll turn up for just £10-15

... for a short while anyway.

5500 per game paying 10 quid equals a million pounds a season.

Or

4000 per game paying 15 quid equals a million pounds a season.

With the upkeep of IP and MF mentioned here being 3M a year my ballpark calculations point to Seveco needing and average attendance of 12-15 000 per game to cover the cost of the ground alone.

Borys

If Sevco sort out the Charles Green issue they will get far, far more than four or five thousand for home games.

Sorry if this has been done elsewhere but can someone briefly explain to me why it is thought there is a threat to the severance agreement between the SPL and the SFL?

(And before anyone - probably HibbeeJobby - starts to get picky I just mean the payment of the money, however much that is)

Better get used to it lads, as you'll be reading about an awful lot more clubs stating they want Rangers in division 1.

It's already been decided - division 1 is where they will be or I'll eat my hat. The SPL will throw any amount of money at the SFL clubs (up to their fabricated £15m a year loss) in order to make it so.

PRESS STATEMENT: Scottish Football League clubs are, over the next few days, being asked to make a crucial decision as to whether we are in a position to accommodate Rangers into the SFL. I can confirm that, at this point, no decision has been taken by the Board of the SFL or by any of our clubs.

The time has come for all outside influences and pressures to stop. This is our national game and part of our culture so I ask all other bodies to leave it to those who have been put in this invidious position to make a decision in the best possible interests of our game.

I have every faith in the judgement of those clubs and their Boards to make a considered and reasoned decision which will be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed.

A specially convened meeting of all clubs is planned for Friday, 13th July, 2012.

David A. LongmuirChief Executive, SFL5th July, 2012.

He's still calling them 'Rangers' :angry: